The India Climate Collaborative (ICC), registered as ‘Council of Philanthropies for Climate Action’ (CPCA), is a collaborative platform launched in 2020 by a group of philanthropists and corporate leaders committed to driving greater and more impactful climate action in India. The ICC’s mission is to deepen and connect the climate ecosystem for a thriving and sustainable world. We are steered by a consortium of Indian philanthropy including Rohini Nilekani Philanthropies, Tata Trusts, Mahindra, and others. Our staff work closely with senior management from our member philanthropies, and collaborate with a wide range of NGOs, government agencies, communities, and climate experts to accelerate climate action.
The ICC team has two arms that work in close consultation – the?Engagement team?focuses on building and fortifying memberships, fostering the collaborative, and mobilizing financial support to the ICC and our programs. The?Program team?focuses on building programs that engage the ICC funder community in solving India’s climate challenges. The Communications team works to promote the ICC’s work, convene the climate communications ecosystem and support the development of an effective narrative for climate action in India. Our team is a small, tight?knit group driven by a shared passion for achieving the ICC’s mission and vision. An ideal addition to our team is a self-starter, always willing to “roll up their sleeves” and get stuff done.
The?ICC?is looking for a social media intern to support the digital efforts of our fast-growing organisation. The ideal candidate has a passion for climate action, a sleek and malleable aesthetic, and a creative approach to designing social media campaigns. This is a hands-on position for someone willing to roll up their sleeves to get stuff done and gain exposure as part of a young start-up working with leading minds on climate change across philanthropy, research institutions, government and implementing organisations.
This role will report to the Communications Associate, and be responsible for:
– Co-creating a social media plan for the ICC’s channels (LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram) with the communications team
– Ideating, writing and designing posts and campaigns about the ICC’s work, updates in the climate ecosystem, and explainer series on climate change/action in India
– Using a variety of different media to create engaging social media content, including graphics, quizzes, videos/reels, livestreams, etc.
– Tracking insights to understand what kind of content viewers resonate with
Comfortable with visual design and photo and video editing
– A sleek aesthetic that can adapt to the ICC’s branding
– Familiarity with social media platforms including available media tools, best-suited content to each platform, tips for maximising engagement, and insight tracking
– A thorough approach to research and fact
-checking to ensure reliability of information, and the ability to translate complex material into accessible and nuanced content
– Ability to process information from multiple sources, and compile and articulate in a presentable manner – Excellent written communication and a keen eye for detail
– A self-starter, flexible and ready to support where required
– Access to a laptop/desktop with high-speed internet connectivity
Terms of Employment
Location This position will be remote
Duration 3 months
Details Includes a stipend
Prospective candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, and will be interviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the small capacity of our team, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The India Climate Collaborative, registered as the Council of Philanthropies for Climate Action, is an equal opportunity employer. The India Climate Collaborative works closely with EdelGive Foundation through the EdelGive-ICC Alliance.
- Call for Internship- DPIIT IPR Chair, Gujarat National Law University: Apply by July 20, 2021
- Legal Internship at Hans and Hans Advocates and Consultants: Apply by July 25, 2021
- Paid Internship (Health Policy) at DevUp Global Pvt. Ltd. – Apply by July 18
- Legal Internship Opportunity with Stipend at Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation: Apply by July 28, 2021
- Legal Internship Opportunity at V.A Law Offices, Mumbai: Apply Now
- Call for Participation: YouthxPolicyMakers Program: Apply by July 23, 2021
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AMRG & Associates, Delhi: Apply Now
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.