Here you will find legal jobs primarily based in India. We update this list daily. To see legal jobs that we posted yesterday and before, click here and scroll. If you are a recruiter, click here to send us your job vacancy through WhatsApp.
Note for job seekers: Here is a list of what we do not do:
- We do not manage applications for these legal jobs.
- We do not monitor deadlines, which means that vacancies posted a few days ago might have been closed.
Legal Jobs – August 20, 2021
Associate / Senior Associate – Legal,Himalaya Wellness, Bangalore(PQE- 3-6 Years)
Job profile and Key Responsibility –
Contracts- Management –
- Responsible for negotiating, vetting, reviewing and drafting of contracts such as Lease deeds, Franchise Agreements, Memorandum of Understanding, General Power of Attorney, Confidential Disclosure Agreement (CDA), Manufacturing Agreements, Distribution Agreements, Service Level Agreements, C&F Agreements, Loan License Agreements and Notices for Breach of Contracts.
- Advising the management on ramification of contracts and work closely along with various stakeholders within the organisation to find solutions, which are practical as well as legally acceptable
Legal Database Management & Standardisation of Contracts –
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a database of contracts
- Track the status of the Contracts
- Sensitising the management on complying with the terms of high-value and material contracts.
- Drafting Contracts with a focus on standardising clauses across business relationships
- Managing contract creation, execution, and analysis for the purpose of maximizing financial and operational performance and minimizing risk.
- Key resource for the legal function responsible for handling and advising on high value transactions, such as sale and purchase of real estate assets, asset purchase agreements, share purchase and other transactions which the Company proposes to carry.
- Involved in the supervision of compliances and advisory matters related to Corporate Law, FSSAI/Legal Metrology and Drug & Cosmetics Act.
- Scrutiny of Property Documents Responsible for Scrutiny of Property Documents for proposed Himalaya Stores; maintaining coordination with Local Authorities and Revenue department for tracing the titles of properties and providing opinions to concerned department.
Intellectual Property: Managing and Protecting Trademarks
- Analysing availability of the brand name.
- Arranging for filing and Coordinating for Registration (from inception till grant of certificate)
- Track Renewals.
- Coordination for filing of applications for registration, renewal and Notices of Opposition.
- Initiating appropriate action against violation and infringement like sending notices, filing case etc.
- Facilitating the Disciplinary Enquiry to be held against the charge sheeted employee
- Providing legal support and advice on the disciplinary actions against the employees who have committed misconduct as per the provisions of service rules of the firm.
- Preparing Explanation Letter, Charge sheet cum show cause notice, Enquiry Notice, Suspension Letter Pending Enquiry, Final Show Cause Notice for proposed punishment and Dismissal / Discharge / Termination Order.
- Providing legal support and advice on Legal Notices, dispute, Employee complain/suit Human Resource, General administration, Procurement and offering legal support for Non-Disclosure Agreements, Procurement Contracts, Lease Agreements, drafting reply to Legal Notices
Graduate/Post graduate in law from reputed college
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply here.
Legal Head,Slice,Bangalore ( PQE- 5-7 Years)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Matters related to business laws, laws related to NBFCs, legal advice relating to RBI requirements and general operations of the company
- Draft / review all contracts and agreements related to fund-raising activities such as debt, structured debt and equity
- Drafting / vetting of legal contracts (client engagements, MSAs, NDAs, MOUs, general contracts, employment contracts, etc.)
- Assume complete responsibility of all commercial and non-commercial communication with customers
- Work closely with the collections team to provide desired legal support for the resolution of delinquent portfolios and escalations
- Keep updated on various regulations applicable to the Company and implement required changes by coordinating with various internal and external stakeholders
- Should be able to effectively participate in new business process roll-outs and should identify, rationalize and mitigate the legal & contractual risks involved
- Handle all legal queries and legal communication with various stakeholders
- To keep track of the compliances / obligations arising out of various contracts and shall maintain such systems or processes in place to ensure the proper updating and compliance of all such ongoing obligations.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, with the ability to manage and execute numerous projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor in Law/Masters in Law from a recognized university
- Overall 5-7 years of experience and specifically, 2-3 years of experience working in a Non-Banking Financial Institution or a Legal Advisory Firm having advised any fin-tech or financial institutions is a must
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Established network of professional relationships within the financial services space
- Comprehensive understanding of NBFC/FinTech business
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously with excellent attention to detail
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can send their CV to Mredul at [email protected]
Content Writer, JURIST
Legal Counsel,Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories,Hyderabad(PQE- 3-4 Years)
The Legal Counsel is responsible for drafting, negotiation and finalising contracts arising in the day-to-day business of Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Limited (“DRL”) and to provide legal guidance to the varied business teams and support functions operating at the Corporate Office. The candidate shall also support the office of the Group General Counsel with research on legal topics and on significant transactions of the DRL Group across markets and BUs. The role calls for legal skills, business acumen and experience to enable business to undertake business projects, keeping in mind the best commercial interests of the organisation, applicable laws and DRL’s legal and compliance policies.
The role offers an opportunity to work on contracts across multifarious functions and thus provides comprehensive exposure to varied business activities. The role would also facilitate the candidate to gain knowledge and experience in high-stake transactions of the Company that are evaluated by the office of the Group General Counsel.
The role would be attractive to legal professionals who enjoy working on innovative projects and contributing to the Company’s motto of “Good Health Can’t Wait”. The role offers potential for career advancement in a fast growing company in the pharmaceutical sector with strong governance and merit-oriented environment.
- Drafting, negotiating and assisting with execution of contracts and related legal documents;
- Supporting the digital moves of the Company in Contract Lifecycle Management;
- Liaising with internal teams and providing legal support to the Corporate BU of DRL;
- Supporting/assisting the office of the Group General Counsel on strategic projects and critical matters – undertaking research and analysis of legal issues, preparing memo’s and research summary etc, drafting SOPs/policies and other work delegated by the Group General Counsel;
- Working closely with business units to evaluate the commercial intent and guiding on its execution, in conformity with legal requirements and with adequate risk mitigation;
- Interacting with key stakeholders, including: HR, Finance, Tax, SHE, Digital etc as well as colleagues in global Legal & Compliance department.
- Supporting BUs/entities in the DRL group on a need-basis, in key assignments and assisting with legal due diligence, study on specific topics for new business initiatives, preparation of contracts etc
- A Bachelor’s Law Degree from a reputed national university in India
- 3-4 year work experience in contracts drafting and legal advisory. Candidates from reputed law firms specialising in corporate-commercial laws and from pharma/FMCG companies with hands-on experience in corporate-commercial matters are encouraged to apply.
- Exposure to digital environment, trademarks regime, data privacy will be a strong advantage
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply here
Deputy Manager – Legal (E-contract Management),Max Life Insurance Company Limited,Gurugram( PQE- 6-8 Years)
- Effective contract management
- Implementing new initiatives related to contract management system
- Conducting impact analysis of new laws and strategic orders of courts
- Assisting Compliance team in outsourcing agreements
- Interpreting applicable laws for devising compliance policies and processes
Coordinating with External Counsels:
- Working with external legal counsels on specific matters ranging from litigation to expert advice requests.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
Essential : LLB
- Experience: Total work experience of 6-8 years. An experience of having worked in different areas of law whether in-house or in law firm is desirable.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply here.
Senior Associate – Legal,Turbostart,Bangalore( PQE- 3-5 Years)
- Vetting/ drafting of various transactional documents clauses- Scheme of Arrangement, Share Purchase Agreement, Investment Agreements, Term Sheets etc.
- Overall experience in deal structuring and manage all stages of the investment process, including advising on instruments from investment, legal DD, transaction documentation, execution, and negotiations with relevant stakeholders.
- Legal due diligence
- Obtaining registration and ongoing compliance with respect to local statutory registrations
- M&A activities from tax inter alia include transaction structuring from tax and regulatory perspective, preparing integration schemes, coordination with various teams, review of schemes/transaction documents related to the aforementioned structuring, implementation, and compliance.
- Coordination with various stakeholders for transaction closure.
- The role involves the applicability of regulatory laws (Companies Act, Competition Act, SEBI, FEMA, corporate laws, stamp duty, IP, etc)
- Any other assigned duties.
- LL.B (5 years)
- Team Player
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Persistent and Persuasive
How to Apply:
Interested professionals can apply here.
Associate/Senior Associate – Legal,Zeta Suite ,Bengaluru.(PQE- 5+ Years)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contract Drafting, Review and Negotiation
- Drafting (both internally and with the assistance of external counsel) well thought out and structured, exemplary contracts for global relationships w i th customers for Zeta’s Software as a Service, Professional Services and Platforms
- Assist with the review and/or drafting of other agreement types which include but are not limited to corporate services contracts, hardware and software licenses, statements of work (SOW) with vendors and partners, HR related agreements, non-disclosure agreements and possible Mergers, Acquisitions and Investment related agreements.
- Creating drafts for global partnerships with networks, vendors, analysts
- Reviewing drafts from the team / external law firms to ensure clean, modular, well structured, comprehensive and balanced contracts
- Reviewing contracts from external vendors and third parties
- Negotiating the above mentioned agreements where required and making relevant changes while efficiently balancing risk, fairness and deal closure timeframes in all contract negotiations
- Managing Zeta’s contracts and providing contract support during the life cycle of such contracts with the assistance of licensed CLM Software.
- Global compliances
- Assist with and manage Zeta’s employment contracts and compliances across 10+ countries
- Assist with and manage Zeta’s ESOP and equity grant plans and compliances
- Assist with and manage corporate governance in conjunction with finance team across our subsidiaries and JVs in 10+ countries
- Study and acquaint yourself with financial, banking, corporate law and commercial regulations in 20+ countries.
- Coordination with internal Zeta teams to ensure that the Zeta platform is compliant with all applicable regulations
- Research and knowledge development with regard to legal and regulatory guidelines around intellectual property, contract law and interpretation, breaches of contract and remedies for such breach, contract compliance requirement, data protection laws etc.
- Conduct research on new regulations and legal regulatory frameworks of new domains of business and providing advice on regulatory requirements, legal risks and risk mitigation strategies
- Legal Function
- Work as a part of a team and contribute towards projects by setting up policies and processes for legal risk identification and mitigation.
- Prioritize and manage business stakeholders and workload effectively, with quick turn-around time requirements.
- Graduate of a top law school, licensed and in good standing
- BSc/BBA/BA LLB degree in Law or J.D. degree
- Master’s Law degree from Premier Institutes (Optional)
- MA or BSc in Business Administration is optional
- Knowledge / Certification / Academic qualifications in information technology / systems would be good
- 5+ years experience in contract drafting and negotiation, with the ability to apply business/commercial context when required, ideally within a law firm for disparate global customers
- Adequate experience in working with technology companies including but not limited to fintech companies, preferably B2B SaaS
- Expert knowledge of Applicable Laws such as Information Technology laws, Data Privacy laws, Corporate law etc
- Working understanding of IP Protection processes including patents, trademarks, copy rights
- Should have strong communication skills, immaculate negotiation skills, show enthusiasm towards their work and possess a keen interest in understanding business requirements and manage quick turn-around times.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply here.
Legal Counsel,Oportun,Chennai (PQE- 4+ Years)
- Organize and administer meetings and activities of the Board of Directors to ensure that such activities are in compliance with the applicable statutory guidelines and laws, including on-time notifications, agenda preparation, preparing resolutions, preparing the minutes of the meetings, etc.
- Organize and administer the Annual General Meeting and related compliance filings, ensuring that the company holds the AGM and submits related compliances within the time limits specified.
- Draft, review, and negotiate inbound commercial agreements and advise internal business clients on matters related to commercial/contract law with regards to the negotiation and interpretation of these agreements.
- Maintain corporate registrations, prepare, archive, and track all required statutory filings to ensure that all are made in a timely manner and company records are appropriately maintained.
- Review changes to Indian law and regulations and advise Global Legal.
- Engage and coordinate with outside counsel as well as the Global Legal Department
- Effectively use and support the use of department software and technology.
- Support other legal activities and projects on an as-needed basis.
- Other duties, projects, and initiatives as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in law or LLB degree from a recognized university in India.
- Qualified Company Secretary (ICSI Member).
- At least 4 years of post-qualification experience in a reputable firm, or in-house experience with the legal department preferably in a multi-national company.
- Extensive knowledge of compliances relating to Companies Act and Secretarial Standards.
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, in particular service agreements and technology or SAAS licensing arrangements.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to exercise sound business judgment.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and efficient with solid project management and follow-through skills.
- Understands technology and its development and is comfortable using technology.
- Experience in any of the following areas is considered a plus: privacy, data security, labor/employment, intellectual property, and internal investigations.
How to Apply:
Please apply here.