About International Bar Association
The International Bar Association (IBA), established in 1947, is the world’s leading organisation of international legal practitioners, bar associations and law societies. The IBA influences the development of international law reform and shapes the future of the legal profession throughout the world. It has a membership of over 80,000 individual lawyers and more than 190 bar associations and law societies spanning 170 countries. It has considerable expertise in providing assistance to the global legal community.
About IBA Legal Internship Programme
Interns will assist the IBA in developing academic papers and research on key legal topics of both local and international relevance. They will be able to draft policy papers on substantive legal issues as well as assisting in preparing background research for grant proposals. Interns will have the opportunity to assist in implementing technical assistance programmes in developing countries and will have a chance to become involved in the work of the following entities/departments/bodies of the Association.
There are three teams within which you can apply for an internship:
- The Legal Policy & Research Unit undertakes research and develops and implements innovative strategies, projects and initiatives that are relevant to contemporary global legal issues, the global legal profession, the broader global community and the rule of law in business.
- The aim of the Human Rights Institute is to promote and protect human rights and the independence of the legal profession worldwide.
- Interns for the Executive Director may undertake research, write speeches for conferences and then possibly convert these speeches into academic papers.
Length of Internship
- The London office has intakes 4 times a year and usually the internship is for 3 months. The length of the internship may be adjusted depending on the positions available during a given intake.
- Applications close 5-6 months before the start date.
- If successful, you will receive an invite for an interview with the team you have applied for (usually via Skype or Zoom).
- After you have selected the team you wish to apply for, it is important that you thoroughly research the work of that team and convey your passion for that specific internship in your application and interview.
- The application process involves sending a CV/resume, cover letter, application form and writing sample (no longer than five pages long) to [email protected] before the closing date.
- As a large proportion of the work you will undertake during the internship will involve writing reports, letters, or assisting in the preparation of academic articles, we ask for a writing sample as part of the application process. This is useful for us to see how you structure a piece of written work and how you form and support an argument.
Important dates :
Internship Duration 4th January – 1st April 2022
Start Date for Apply – Open Now
Last Date for Apply – 27 August 2021
Are you a law student or a lawyer aspiring to work in leading law firms? LawSikho is bringing an ultimate 3-day FREE online bootcamp from 24-26 July, 6-9 PM (IST) to make your law firm job search easy
In this Bootcamp you will learn how to take your law skills and turn them into an eye-catching CV for top law firms, get yourselves noticed, about cover letter and much more. Click here.
- Internship Opportunity with National Commission for Women, Delhi: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity with Biswajit Sarkar Advocates – IP Attorneys, West Bengal
- Legal Internship Opportunity with Anhad Law, New Delhi
- Legal Internship Opportunity with People’s Union for Civil Liberties PUCL ,Jharkhand
- CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – JUNIOR ASSOCIATE, POLICY RESEARCH at Moolya Foundation (Apply Now)
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Devyani International Limited (Apply Now)
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at POSH at Work, Mumbai (Apply Now)
- Online Legal Internship Opportunity at SoOLEGAL: Apply by August 30, 2021
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Apollo Consultancy, New Delhi (Apply by August 26)
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Spoon Money Financial Services, Pune (Apply Now)
For more Internship Opportunities: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.