ABOUT THE INSTITUTION
Vidhi Mitra, The Legal Aid Cell, Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur was established in
the year 2018. Its aim is to make the legal system and justice more accessible to the general public and
create awareness amongst the people about the contemporary legal issues and established rights of the
ABOUT THE BLOG
The Vidhi Mitra Blog is aimed to provide an active forum to the legal fraternity to express and share
their experiences and opinions on contemporary legal issues and themes prescribed by the cell.
The Blog can be accessed here
The Editorial Board of the Blog is inviting articles, case notes, blog posts, book reviews and discussion
within the aim and scope of the subject matter, i.e.,
“MEDICO LEGAL ISSUES AND ETHICS”
The Blog is open to any topic which revolves around “MEDICO LEGAL ISSUES AND ETHICS”
or any other contemporary legal issue(s) related.
MEDICO LEGAL ISSUES AND ETHICS
The theme aims to discuss & find solutions for Medico Legal issues involved in health informatics. The medical profession is considered to be one of the noblest professions, which renders service to the
general public. Sincerity, proper care and professional skills are considered to be the hall mark of this
sector. The accountability of the profession is integral for enhancing the quality of health industry.
Though the advancement of medical science is on progress on the other hand it is inevitable to avoid
the challenges and impact it has on the society. Doctors are no longer regarded as infallible and beyond
questioning. With health sector being an essential indicator of nation’s development in the world arena,
ignorance of challenges in medical sector will be a huge set back and need of legal accountability is
Furthermore, the Coronavirus disease-2019 (COVID-19) has heralded a wide set of challenges involving not only the medical management of the patients but also the legal dilemma with regards to provision of healthcare services. The medical professionals have experienced difficulty in balancing their obligations and duties toward the patients, and their own right to safeguard self, family, and their clinical establishments. The professional regulatory bodies and government have formulated new policies and amended laws to control the current situation. It is the need of the hour to be mindful of the existing laws and our rights and duties in the era of current pandemic. Collaborative efforts are needed to provide best possible care in the current unpredictable environment. The commonly encountered problems and their possible solutions are needed to be discussed in the context of medico legal framework applicable to Indian medical practitioners and people.
The theme deals with the right to health & health care medical profession law and ethics.
The theme aims to offer a reflection on the medico-legal issues. The theme also seeks to deepen the
intellectual roots by exploring the possibilities and research areas in the legal areas of the medical field.
It does not confine the term ethics to be only applicable in cases of medical negligence but also looks
into a broad sense and takes into consideration the evolving field of medical science as well as the areas
which deals with emerging trends in health care, medications, types of therapies etc. It also aims to the
role of forensic science in the field of criminal justice system. The targeted group for the call includes
professionals from legal and medical field, judges academicians legal practitioners research scholars and
students. The work of the author(s) must represent a new idea or contribution to the jurisprudence of
the topic. Arguments must be logical and backed by facts.
There are countless topics to explore for research in the presented theme, but keeping in mind the
current subject-matters of discussion on the medico legal issues and ethics, we have divided our theme
into the following sub-themes:
• Medical Negligence amidst pandemic
• Consumer Protection from the frauds such as health insurance frauds
• Legislative frame with regard to the applicability of forensic science in the criminal justice system.
• Government Schemes specifically in relation with health care for the poor and the needy.
• Challenges encountered and solutions adopted in the fields of Criminal Investigation using Forensics.
• Medico-Legal Issues amidst the Pandemic
• Issues faced by the poor sections of the society in the presence of numerous Government Schemes.
• Safety of Health Care Professionals amongst Pandemic
The author may go beyond these sub themes but ensure that a subjectivity doesn’t change.
• The author may choose one or more sub-themes for his/her manuscript.
• The article should be an original work of the author and neither published nor under consideration for publication in any other journal or blog. The work must not be plagiarised.
• Co-authorship (limited to 2 authors) is allowed.
• The Word Limit for, Articles: 2500-3500 words; Case Notes: 1000-2000 words; Book Review: 1500-2500 words; Blog: 1000-1500 words. Manuscripts above the prescribed word limit shall not be considered as a general rule, except under special circumstances subject to the sole discretion of the Editorial Board. In case author(s) want(s) to roll out a series of blogs, the decision on the word limit shall be taken by editorial board accordingly.
• All submissions should be typed in font Times New Roman with heading size 14, font size 12, line spacing 1.5′; justified.
• The submissions should be made online in a MS Word format document to: [email protected] mentioning the details of the author(s), the category of the manuscript and the sub-theme(s).
• The submission should have the first page in the same format as provided in the submission
guidelines (refer the last page).
A Uniform System of Citation is to be followed for citation. All endnotes must be in Times New
Roman, font size 10, single-spacing and justified text. The author may use hyperlinks wherever possible.
The last date for all the submissions will be 25th September, 2021.
In the case of any queries, contact at: [email protected]
Arpit Sanjar – 7440480281 | Sagar Rai – 9753083908
- CALL FOR BLOGS – USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION on “COMPETITION LAW IN DIGITAL SPACE” by Law and Technology Society of NLSIU Bangalore X The Dialogue : Register by September 30, 2021
- Call for Blogs – UPES Student Law Review Blog by UPES, Dehradun (Rolling Submissions)
- Call for Blogs | RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog | Apply Now!
- The Social Network – Article Writing Competition | Indian Diplomacy Summit (IDS) X Teach For India Collaboration | Register by September 6, 2021
- Call for Blogs | Alternate Dispute Resolution Association Blog of the School of Law, UPES| Submit by October1, 2021
- Call for Papers | Lex Terra (ISSN: 2455-0965) by Centre for Environmental Law, Advocacy & Research, National Law University, Assam| Submit by October 31, 2021
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.