The Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU), Shimla was established by an Act of the Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha in the year 2016 (Act 16 of 2016). In the five years of its foundation, HPNLU, Shimla has seen tremendous growth and has undertaken a good number of innovative measures to enhance its academic potential. Led by the visionary scholar of law, the Vice-Chancellor Professor (Dr.) Nishtha Jaswal, the University has been very proactive in organizing a series of events encompassing a wide spectrum of socio-legal issues. Despite the spread of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the ensuing lockdown, HPNLU, Shimla has been at the forefront of using digital platforms to raise awareness about issues as far spread as Fundamental Duties, Reproductive Rights of Women, Human Rights and Access to Justice etc.
About the Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution and Professional Skills (CADR)
The Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution and Professional Skills (CADR) primarily aims to promote research in the field of dispute resolution mechanisms in India. The Centre aims to provide a platform for interaction between professionals in the field and the students. In pursuance of its goal of conditioning the law students to efficiently resolve disputes, the Centre is proposing this event intending to establish it as a flagship event of Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla (HPNLU), as we believe such events and competitions are the need of the hour to minimize the suffering and provide students with platforms and opportunities to nurture the future members of the Indian Legal Fraternity by enabling them to face the dynamic Indian Justice System.
About the International Conference
As Chief Justice N. V. Ramana has said, “Mahabharata actually provides an example of an early attempt at mediation as a conflict resolution tool. Lord Krishna attempted to mediate the dispute between the Pandavas and Kauravas. It may be worthwhile to recall that the failure of mediation led to disastrous consequences.”
The concept of ADR is of great significance at present when disputes are increasing and courts of the biggest republic country are facing a vast backlog of cases. Also, India has a great history in the methods of ADR. Arbitration and mediation are necessary in the present time, especially in India. The entire objective of ADR is to bring speedy justice and to reduce the backlogs of Public Interest Litigation and many Criminal cases so that the Judges are free to apply their minds and devote their time to other important matters having National & Constitutional Significance.
In this backdrop, the Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution and Professional Skills (CADR) of Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU) is organizing an International Conference (Virtual) on “FUTURE OF ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION: CONTEMPORARY ISSUES AND CHALLENGES” and proudly invites papers from the Academicians, Judicial Officers, Researchers, Professionals, Practitioners, Students of law, commerce and management, and other stakeholders on the emerging issues and related areas on the broader sub-themes given below.
Theme for International Conference
- Role of courts in International Arbitration.
- Selecting an Arbitral Seat: Key Consideration.
- Jurisdiction-specific issues in Arbitration.
- Evidence in International Arbitration Procedure.
- India as an International Commercial Arbitration Hub: The Challenges.
- Is Alternative Dispute Resolution a Privatized Justice?
- Alternative Dispute Resolution and Criminal Justice System.
- India’s instance on International Centre for Settlement of Investment Dispute (ICSID) Convention in relation to Banking.
- Need for Laws governing Mediation in India.
- The emerging importance of Environment Social Governance (ESG) & its impact on International Arbitration.
- Cross Border Partnership and collaboration in International Arbitration.
- The Role Diverse Bar Associations Play in Increasing DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) in ADR.
- Arbitration and Technology: Blockchain Arbitration and Smart Contracts.
Note:-Author(s) are at their discretion to choose any other sub-theme for their paper that is related to the theme of the Conference.
The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution, Email address and contact details along with an Abstract of not more than 300 words. It is mandatory to mention Email addresses, as all future correspondence will be through it. Name and details of Co-author (Co-authorship is allowed up to a maximum of 2 authors), if any.
- The paper should be in doc./docx. format.
- The paper must be in a single-column layout with margins justified on both sides.
- The subheading should be in font size 12, bold and Times New Roman, left-aligned.
- The main text should be in font size 12, Normal, Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing and justified.
- The length of a paper should not be less than 3500 words (excluding footnotes).
- All references must be in the form of footnotes with font size 10, Times New Roman, 1.0 spacing and should be according to the Bluebook 20th Edition.
- The submissions should not have more than 15% Similarity Index.
- There is no Registration Fee.
- All the submissions should be made via Google form – GOOGLE FORM LINK (CLICK HERE)
- Any submission violating the above-stated guidelines will be rejected. So, it is advised that the author(s) must stick to the mentioned guidelines.
For further details – Brochure
Note:- Papers selected by the Center after the due process will be published in a book with an ISBN no
Submission of Full Paper – 1st November 2021
Final Selection of Paper – 10th November 2021
Conference Date – 27th & 28th November 2021
For any Queries mail us at cadr[at]hpnlu.ac.in
Mr. Bhanu Pratap (+91-6375500415)
Mr. Subham Saurabh (+91-7355190904)
Ms. Saloni Paliwal (+91-6265671886)
- One Week National Workshop on “Right to Information: A Revolutionary Law by RGNUL: 6th- 12th October 2021
- Ist International Moot Court Competition by Maharajas Government Law College, Ernakulam: Register by October 23!
- 11th Edition of the Checkmate National Moot Court Competition 2021, by Army Institute of Law, Mohali: Register by September 30!
- “International Webinar on India’s Act East Policy” by NLUJAA X Delhi University: Register by September 25!
- 14th Online National Quiz Competition on Indian Penal Code by Legis Scriptor: Register by October 2!
- Call for Papers | Indian Journal Of Intellectual Property, NALSAR: Submit by November 20!
- Live Webinar on Legal Research, Bare Act Reading, And Drafting Legal Notice by Legality Viability: September 19
- One Day Lecture on “Carbon Credits and Risk Assessment in Energy Projects” by RGNUL: September 21
- Call for Blogs | Centre for Constitutional Law & Governance, RGNUL: Rolling Submission
- National Online Cartoon Making Competition by UILS, Panjab University: Register by Sept 30!
- Webinar on “How to Fight Against the false Criminal Case” by Justvocates: Sept 18!
- National Online Criminal Law Quiz Competition by UILS, Panjab University: Register by Sept 21!
- Webinar Series On Arbitration by Iuris Jura: Register Now!
- 1st National Bail Application and Argumentation Competition by Thakur Ramnarayan College of Law: Register by October 15!
- 1st AMITY NATIONAL TRIAL ADVOCACY COMPETITION, 2021 by AMITY LAW SCHOOL’S STUDENT BAR FORUM: Register by October 2!
- Certificate Program in “Advance IPR” by ILS, Pune: Register by September 20!
- 3rd Wildlife Protection Government Law College National Online Moot Court Competition 2021 by GLC Mumbai: Register by September 26!
- Call for Papers: HPNLU Centre for Alternate Dispute Resolutions and Professional Skill’s e-Newsletter [Issue III]: Submit by October 15!
- 21st NATIONAL CLIENT CONSULTING (SECOND VIRTUAL) COMPETITION 2021 by KERALA LAW ACADEMY: Register by October 25!
- 4TH NATIONAL ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION by RGNUL: Register by October 10!
- Call for Blogs by IBC16: Rolling Submissions
- 2nd edition of “Nitishastra” Online National Policy Making Competition by Law College Dehradun: Register By Sep 15!
- 3rd National Amity Quiz on Constitutional Law: Register by Sept 25!
- Amity Law School, Amity University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow Campus is organizing the 3rd National Amity Quiz on Constitutional Law (AQCL) on 30th September 2021.
- 2nd HPNLU National Moot Court Competition [October 29-31, 2021]: Register by Sept 22!
- Kanooniyat PIL Drafting Competition, 2021 (Exciting Cash Prizes, Internships and Free Workshop): Register by September 19
- Poster Making Competition on “Recovering Better for an Equitable and Sustainable World” by University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS): Register by Sept 30!
- Webinar on “IP Infringement: Shift in Seeking Remedies – Then and Now” by FICCI: September 9
- Webinar on “Constitutional expectations and Economic Justice” by Dharmashastra National Law University: Register by September 9
- Webinar on “Importance of Protecting Intellectual Property Rights” by Law Gardner; 17th September
- National Essay Writing Competition by Centre for Parliamentary Studies, HPNLU; Register by 26th September
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.