The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab, was established by the State Legislature of Punjab by passing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab Act, 2006 (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006). The Act incorporated a University of Law of national stature in Punjab, to fulfil the need for a Centre of Excellence in legal education in the modern era of globalization and liberalization.
About the Punjab State Information Commission
The Government of Punjab constituted the Punjab State Information Commission on 11th October, 2005. The Punjab State Information Commission is the statutory Commission for fulfilling the mandate assigned to it under the Right to Information Act, 2005. The Commission exercises powers for implementation of RTI Act under Sections 18, 19, 20 and 25. At the same time it is a Public Authority as defined in section 2(h) of RTI Act, 2005. As far as the jurisdiction of the Commission is concerned it extends to all the Public Authorities in the State of Punjab.
The expected audience would be Academicians, Research Scholars, Students, Professionals, RTI activisits, Organizations and Public Information officers.
Objective of the Training Programme
The objective of the programme is to commemorate the RTI week which is celebrated from 6th October – 12th October,
- To raise awareness on the issues of Right to Information.
- To provide participants with a clear understanding of the main features of RTI Act and its operational provisions.
- To explain the role of designated Assistant Public Information Officers, Public Information Officers and Appellate Authorities and other functionaries involved in dealing with RTI matters.
- To explain the process of seeking and providing information.
- To explain the strategy for operationalizing Right to Information.
- To discuss the practical problems faced by the PIO’s and the stake holders.
- To deliberate upon the efficient implementation of the Act.
- Certificates will be provided on the successful completion of the workshop. (100% attendance is mandatory)
- Date- October 6th- 12th, 2021
- Timing- 2.00- 4.00 P.M
- Mode- Cisco Webex
- Registration Deadline- September 28, 2021 (Tuesday)
- Registration Fee- Rs. 200/-(Inclusive of GST)
- Link for the Registration- CLICK HERE
In case of any queries, kindly contact the Faculty Coordinator (Dr. Geetika- 9646023882) or the Student Coordinator (Ms. Tamanna Gupta- 9999677799) or you can write to us at [email protected].
- Ist International Moot Court Competition by Maharajas Government Law College, Ernakulam: Register by October 23!
- 11th Edition of the Checkmate National Moot Court Competition 2021, by Army Institute of Law, Mohali: Register by September 30!
- “International Webinar on India’s Act East Policy” by NLUJAA X Delhi University: Register by September 25!
- 14th Online National Quiz Competition on Indian Penal Code by Legis Scriptor: Register by October 2!
- Call for Papers | Indian Journal Of Intellectual Property, NALSAR: Submit by November 20!
- Live Webinar on Legal Research, Bare Act Reading, And Drafting Legal Notice by Legality Viability: September 19
- One Day Lecture on “Carbon Credits and Risk Assessment in Energy Projects” by RGNUL: September 21
- Call for Blogs | Centre for Constitutional Law & Governance, RGNUL: Rolling Submission
- National Online Cartoon Making Competition by UILS, Panjab University: Register by Sept 30!
- Webinar on “How to Fight Against the false Criminal Case” by Justvocates: Sept 18!
- National Online Criminal Law Quiz Competition by UILS, Panjab University: Register by Sept 21!
- Webinar Series On Arbitration by Iuris Jura: Register Now!
- 1st National Bail Application and Argumentation Competition by Thakur Ramnarayan College of Law: Register by October 15!
- 1st AMITY NATIONAL TRIAL ADVOCACY COMPETITION, 2021 by AMITY LAW SCHOOL’S STUDENT BAR FORUM: Register by October 2!
- Certificate Program in “Advance IPR” by ILS, Pune: Register by September 20!
- 3rd Wildlife Protection Government Law College National Online Moot Court Competition 2021 by GLC Mumbai: Register by September 26!
- Call for Papers: HPNLU Centre for Alternate Dispute Resolutions and Professional Skill’s e-Newsletter [Issue III]: Submit by October 15!
- 21st NATIONAL CLIENT CONSULTING (SECOND VIRTUAL) COMPETITION 2021 by KERALA LAW ACADEMY: Register by October 25!
- 4TH NATIONAL ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION by RGNUL: Register by October 10!
- Call for Blogs by IBC16: Rolling Submissions
- 2nd edition of “Nitishastra” Online National Policy Making Competition by Law College Dehradun: Register By Sep 15!
- 3rd National Amity Quiz on Constitutional Law: Register by Sept 25!
- Amity Law School, Amity University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow Campus is organizing the 3rd National Amity Quiz on Constitutional Law (AQCL) on 30th September 2021.
- 2nd HPNLU National Moot Court Competition [October 29-31, 2021]: Register by Sept 22!
- Kanooniyat PIL Drafting Competition, 2021 (Exciting Cash Prizes, Internships and Free Workshop): Register by September 19
- Poster Making Competition on “Recovering Better for an Equitable and Sustainable World” by University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS): Register by Sept 30!
- Webinar on “IP Infringement: Shift in Seeking Remedies – Then and Now” by FICCI: September 9
- Webinar on “Constitutional expectations and Economic Justice” by Dharmashastra National Law University: Register by September 9
- Webinar on “Importance of Protecting Intellectual Property Rights” by Law Gardner; 17th September
- National Essay Writing Competition by Centre for Parliamentary Studies, HPNLU; Register by 26th September
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.