Here you will find legal jobs primarily based in India. We update this list daily. To see legal jobs that we posted yesterday and before, click here and scroll. If you are a recruiter, click here to send us your job vacancy through WhatsApp.
Note for job seekers: Here is a list of what we do not do:
- We do not manage applications for these legal jobs.
- We do not monitor deadlines, which means that vacancies posted a few days ago might have been closed.
Legal Jobs – September 24 , 2021
Legal Counsel, PSA (Priti Suri & Associates), New Delhi (PQE- 3-5 Years)
We Are Hiring! PQE: 3-5 years
If YOU have an interest in and passion for General Corporate Law, are keen to have a diverse exposure, want holistic growth plus a work-life balance, apply with your resume to Ms. Rosy Bairwa at [email protected]
– Problem-solving capabilities
– Team player
– Ownership of one’s work
– Sense of humour (a must)
Legal Counsel,Livspace, Singapore(PQE- 2 Years)
We’re looking to hire a candidate with minimum 2 years of PQE to join our inhouse legal team and be involved in the wide spectrum of legal work we do.
We are particularly interested in a candidate with good drafting skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please write to us at [email protected].
Associate Advocates,Sankhla & Associates,New Delhi (PQE- 2+ years)
Sankhla & Associates is looking to hire Advocate Associates with 2+ years of PQE in New Delhi.
- Associate advocate required with active litigation experience, good at drafting and research.
- Litigation 5+ years experience Of handling Civil/Criminal Trial work at District and High Court.
- 2+ years of experience in handling Corporate and Arbitration.
Applications may be sent in by e-mail to [email protected]
Lawyers/qualified Chartered Accountants,Vaish Associates Advocates, New Delhi ( PQE- 1-3 Years)
Our Mumbai office is on the lookout for Lawyers/qualified Chartered Accountants with 1-3 years PQE in Direct Tax matters in areas of direct tax advisory and compliance including transfer pricing and international tax with a reputed law firm. Prior experience in handling tax proceedings and litigation is also preferable. The incumbents would be expected to be team players from a good law school having a good academic record with good drafting and oral communication skills and wanting to build a career in Direct Tax practice of the firm.
The candidates selected can expect a varied and challenging work experience and will be offered a remuneration commensurate with their experience and skillsets.
How to Apply
Desirous candidates may e-mail their applications to [email protected] (with a subject line: Direct Tax).
Only Mumbai based candidates need apply.
Trainee Associates,SAPAA Law Firm,Chennai(PQE 0+ Years)
1. Any fresh Lawyers interested in research work
2. Any fresh graduates with accounting knowledge and proficiency in Word And EXCEL
HOW TO APPLY
Junior Advocate,Kapil Dixit & Co,Bengaluru (PQE-0+ Years)
For consumer courts
- Experience – Any
- Language – English, Kannada, Hindi
- Location- M. G. Road, Bangalore
- Registration – Karnataka Bar Council
How to apply:
Legal Associate,Boutique Law Firm, New Delhi.(PQE -2-3Years)
Requirement of a legal associate (on full time basis) with 2-3 years of experience for a boutique law firm based in Kailash Colony, New Delhi.
Drafting and vetting of various Legal Agreements, Commercial Agreements; Lease, license, NDA, Service Agreements, Franchise Agreements, etc.;
Involvement in negotiations and concalls;
General legal advisory and All other ancillary activities.
Good command over English language and working knowledge of computers/ internet is a must. Court appearances would be minimal.
How to Apply
Please share your CV along with photograph and covering letter to – [email protected]
Legal Executive,PEOPLEOCITY LLP,Mumbai (PQE- N/A)
Position : Legal Executive
RequirementsSociety laws,Society RegistrarCriminal lawsDomestic violenceLiasioning with local police
Requirements · Society laws, · Society Registrar · Criminal laws · Domestic violence · Liasioning with local police
Legal Role,Legarithm,Mumbai (PQE-2-10 Years)
Mumbai-based law firm is looking for a Associate /Senior Associate/Associate Partner role with an extensive experience in their Banking and Financing practice (Debts, Banking & Finance, Project Finance, Infrastructure, Banking Transactions etc.)
- Candidate must have a minimum of 2+ years of work experience in this practice group or in related practice groups. ( Associate Partner role with an experience of 5+ years are welcome to apply for this role)
- Candidate must be a qualified lawyer and must have the ability to operate without supervision.
- Candidate must be fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Candidates with an existing practice/book and a team are welcome
- Candidates must have prior experience in leading a team of lawyers
- Candidate must have proven leadership skills and have a strong team work abilities;
- Candidate must have a law degree from a leading law school
- Candidate must be qualified to practice law in India; and
- Compensation will be commensurate to experience and in line with prevailing market standards.
How to Apply
Legal Associate,Vidhi Associates,Ranchi ( PQE – 0-2 Years)
Legal Associate with 0-2 years PQE. Applicant must be resident of Patna, must have a good command over English Language and good Legal acumen with willingness to appear before various courts/forums/tribunals and ability to carry out research, drafting and strategy discussions
Remuneration: The remuneration would be as per industry standard
Legal Specialist,10XTD,Remote ( PQE – N/A)
Legal Content Specialist – Freelance
- Provide expert inputs on Legal considerations for Gig Talent.
- Inputs will be leveraged in the blog series – Going Gig (https://medium.com/10xtd)
- On Demand
- Hourly Rate / Per Word
Interested Profiles, do send a mail to [email protected] with the Subject Legal Specialist on Demand
- Previous experience providing legal expertise in areas related to Gig Economy
- Hourly Rate / per word rate
- C.V for reference
How to Apply
TheRole: Associate, Legal & Contract Operations
The Grade – 9A
The Location: Gurgaon
The Team : The team, fosters knowledge sharing and collaboration that results in a unified group strategy. Each of our team members is committed to be a best in class legal team and trusted, business partner providing practical, solutions oriented, counsel, so that our stakeholders can achieve their business goals. We play a vital role in protecting S&P Global Market Intelligence IP and help the business manage enterprise risk. The team will adopt Agile methodologies and adapt those methods to fit the needs and structure of the team.
The Impact: S&P Global Market Intelligence Legal Department is looking to expand the support coverage for the Business globally, so it can respond in an agile manner to legal and negotiation requests.
The Role: Responsible for supporting the management and organization of SPGMI Legal. Primary functions will be to assist and provide legal and administrative support to the global team. The role will also assist business colleagues in using the various contract tools, including the contracts database and other office applications.
What’s in it for you: This role will have the opportunity to be creative and help streamline the “Customer Buying Experience”. The individual who fills this role will have an inside-out purview of the contracts lifecycle, and have a chance to be involved from the ground up in the development of the Contracts database on Salesforce.com. The position assists the Department in making a significant contribution to the processing and data basing of contracts, but also in analyzing unique business and intellectual property issues specific to SPGMI. The role provides the individual exposure to the business legal issues as well as the technology that supports the department.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of databases and licensing agreements.
- Computer Skills- Microsoft applications, knowledge of Salesforce.com a plus
- Good interpersonal skills – Work cooperatively with members of department and business colleagues.
- Strong data analysis skills and experience working with relational database technologies is preferred but not required
- Ability to comprehend contracts and legal terms and conditions
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and show initiative.
What We’re Looking For
If you are an experienced legal/contracts professional, who is devoted to providing excellent support to the business, and at the same time passionate about solving problems and finding ways to establish best practices at S&P Global; this is an excellent opportunity. I am looking for someone with a diverse combination of legal, business, and technical skills that include: process development, data quality activities, contracts reconciliation, KPI and report development, and maintaining accurate data within the contracts database platform used by S&P Global.
- Respond to internal client inquiries (“hotline”) regarding legal and contract issues in a timely manner.
- Review submitted deal requests; includes checking draft contracts produced by Sales or other internal clients; may include making Minor Changes to contract documents as per existing scope set by Legal Operations team.
- Perform data entry of executed contracts into the contracts database. Perform accurate and timely review of key business and legal provisions in executed contract and entering such provisions in the contracts database
- Investigating contract administrative issues (e.g. determining whether a contract is still “active” or being billed by PIMS); interfacing with both the sales administration staff and other business staff to determine status of contracts
- Recommends process improvement and automation opportunities.
- Maintenance of boilerplate library (including Translations)/ ownership (in network drive and database platform) including communications regarding boilerplate changes
- Respond to change in entity/ assignment letters and termination letters
- Create reports (both general and complex) from contracts database, working with internal database users on their reporting requests. Work with manager to establish reporting processes and procedures.
- Assist in data quality assurance of the contents of the contracts database and department’s intranet website and other departmental applications
- Special projects as assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 2+ years of experience in a related position such as legal or paralegal and administrative support functions.
- 2+ years of experience analyzing data and utilizing data analysis tools and techniques
- Ability to collaborate with other business or technology teams
- Experience interpreting complex legal, financial, and technical licensing terms and conditions and contracts
- Experience working within the Salesforce.com platform a plus
- Experience working databases, SQL a plus
How to Apply
Associate,EY,Bengaluru (PQE -0-2 Years)
Associate – Contract Drafting
The CLM team provides end-to-end assistance on all types of commercial contracting to the legal and business teams of large MNCs and law firms. The Pre-execution arm (or Drafting team) is set up to function as an extension of the in-house legal team and assist the contracting process from the point business requests a contract, to when the contract is approved and signed. We review and negotiate transactional contracts based on our client’s organizational policies and guidelines, get the necessary approval and get the contracts signed. Complexity or deal value are not a bar in any sense for us – we provide these services for contracts ranging from bespoke and complex to more standardized or even related administrative work. Our Post-execution arm (or Abstraction team) support the due diligence of transactions contract through abstraction, summarization and risk analysis. This is critical to clients in M&A situations or to get an insight into their risk profile or just to ensure better day-to-day business operations. We also work in collaboration with various client stakeholders and key decision makers to operationalize legal functions for large MNCs through automation and process engineering.
We work with clients across industries and business lines that cover direct procurement, indirect procurement, sales and other ancillary functions
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform First Line Review of contracts, e.g. Patent License Agreements, IT Procurement Agreements, Web Hosting Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, Software and Data License Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Vendor Services Agreements, Master Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Purchase and License Agreements, Sponsor Research Agreements, Inter Institutional Agreements, Supply and Distribution Agreements, Staffing, Consulting and Teaming Agreements, Lease Agreements, Estoppels and SNDAA and other commercial contracts.
- Assist senior team members in negotiating contracts for our clients from various sectors such as Banking, Telecom, Healthcare, Aerospace, Heavy Industries, Manufacturing Companies, Finance Company, Human Resource Solutions and IT Services Industry, Universities, Film Production House, Global Web hosting Company, Power Management Company etc.
- Contribute towards the creation of project playbooks and other knowledge tools to successfully meet client expectations.
- Draft responses to parties’ stand to ensure conformity to client specifications to ensure best representation of client requirements in agreements to be reviewed by senior.
- Accompany Senior for client/customer negotiation calls and prepare call notes.
- Act as a team player while working with a team of lawyers within the organization as well as the clients’ legal representatives and business team on projects involving the agreements described above.
- Provide professional, timely, and prompt service and responses to the Delivery Managers so that they can support the client contact and the sales team
- Attend and participate actively in mandatory and non- mandatory training and certification courses.
- Confirm to deadlines on client deliverables without delays and renegotiate deadlines (when necessary) well in advance of the originally scheduled deadline; escalate client issues promptly and appropriately; consistently complete real time client call notes.
- Associates are lawyers who understand the basic contractual and legal concepts, and are able to interpret, and review the contracts. They are also expected to have good verbal and written communication skills. Associates typically comprise the first stage of the contract review process.
Skills And Attributes For Success
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Certifications – External
- Good analytical & logical skills.
- Knowledge of English/Grammar enabling efficient comprehension of clients’ documents, codes, abstracts and other deliverables
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be computer savvy and able to learn and adapt to different client respective processes in order to be able to function smoothly and integrate with the client’s system.
- Responsiveness – Sensitive to client deadlines
- Team Player – Ability to co-operate and work as a team member and encourage colleagues, maintains positive attitude, contributing to team morale
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelors/Master’s degree and Law degree (LLB or LLM) from accredited, reputable institutions
- Attorney with 0-2 years of relevant contract review, redlining and negotiation experience (preferably in a multinational corporation, in-house legal team or law firm handling similar work)
How to Apply
Legal Counsel,Jukin Media,New Delhi (PQE – 4 Years)
We are looking for a full-time legal counsel to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad, generalist responsibilities, but with specialist legal subject skills in commercial law and regulatory matters pertaining to the Media Industry. You must be self-sufficient and a self-starter, with a good sense for risk management, good independent judgment, and the ability and desire to report to and take direction from a global legal team based in Los Angeles, USA.
- Provide a comprehensive and high quality in-house legal service, across a broad range of legal issues to internal customers within the organization, ensuring all activities are in line with legal requirements and risks are mitigated appropriately.
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts against company-approved forms and terms, including subject-matter expertise in the intellectual property space (media, licensing, copyrights, etc.)
- Draft and negotiate unique service agreements, content acquisition, syndication agreements, production agreements, mobile technology agreements, value added services agreements, app embedding agreements, app distribution agreements, and streaming television agreements.
- Responsible for day-to-day content clearance duties (i.e. reviewing content for copyright, trademark, privacy, appropriateness, and other issues), including reviewing content licensed to clients for commercial use or content intended to air on the company’s channels;
- Manage day-to-day legal and regulatory issues for the New Delhi-based entity, including liaising with the company’s outside auditors and legal counsel when necessary;
- Prioritize and communicate regularly and appropriately with other departments and other cultures, including teams based in the USA and clients based across Asia.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in law from a recognized university
- 4 years of full-time employment experience
- Corporate/transactional experience preferred
- Strong drafting, negotiation and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a close-knit team
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively interact with a wide range of personalities and styles and to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated initiative, self-starter and accountable
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile growth environment.
How to Apply
Senior Manager, Legal,Pfizer,Mumbai(PQE -10 Years)
Senior Manager, Legal (Pfizer India)
CORE COMPETENCIES: ? Litigation Legal Strategy & Planning ?Agreements and transactions? Corporate Laws ? Contract Negotiation & Management ? Merger & Acquisition/Joint Ventures ?Compliances & Ethics ? FCPA & Bribery Laws ? Anti-Trust laws ? Intellectual Property Laws ? Drafting ? Team Management ? Cross-functional Liaison ? Multiple Jurisdictional Experience ? Independence & Decision Making ? Complexity & Problem Solving ? incisive analytical skills ?
Role & Responsibilities in BRIEF:
Provide strategic and structuring advice, including internal corporate reorganizations;
Collaborate and partner with senior management (Leadership Team) to devise efficient business operational strategies;
Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on all legal issues;
Provide rapid, practical and business-oriented legal advice;
Provide assistance with joint ventures, strategic partnership deals and mergers & acquisitions;
Advice Senior Management on a wide range of provisional regulatory, corporate & compliance matters;
Provide support to business in initiating/ defending any litigation and developing any litigations strategies;
Provide support in reviewing/ negotiating various transactions and evaluate all legal issues involved;
Representing Pfizer before various Industrial, Regulatory & Government bodies;
Managing external counsel, briefings and ensuring proper representation by outside counsel;
Framing corporate policies & enforcement guidelines, including trainings to employees;
Support Compliance team in internal governance policies and compliance framework;
Provide advice and support on all IP activities and developments in the country.
Keep abreast of legislative changes that may affect the Company & its affiliates;
Develop solutions to complex legal questions/ problems;
Capability building within the team and disseminate best practices.
Role & Responsibilities in DETAIL:
Advisory: Advise Senior Leaders/ BUs within the Company and work alongside employees in Business Units (BUs), Strategy & Business Operation (SBO) , Corporate Affairs, Human Resource, Regulatory & other enabling functions, on a wide range of legal and strategic matters including Drugs & cosmetics Act, Corporate Laws, labour laws, employment laws, trade body regulations, anti-trust & ant-bribery laws etc.
Litigation: Provide support to business in initiating/ defending any criminal, civil, property or regulatory related litigation which includes, collating facts, developing litigation strategy & preparing grounds for defense, briefing the external counsels, filing of writ petitions, appeals, stay and follow ups. Managing and ensuring proper representation by outside counsel (while securing case reporting and strategic alignment).
Business Transaction: Structuring of transaction, support in reviewing various transactions and evaluate all legal issues involved, so as to ensure to combat the crisis successfully, drafting & negotiation of Contracts & other documents, draft and solidify day-to-day agreements/ contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
Compliance & Investigation-provide support to the Compliance team in internal governance policies and compliance framework, supporting any critical compliance investigations, measuring the over-all risks in case of any non-compliances and drawing the remediation plans and guidance, substantial role in build the Culture of Compliance and shaping how the Company addresses its relationships with law & regulations,
Representing Pfizer: Actively participate in Industry Working Groups viz. OPPI, Regulatory or Government liaising on any policy or industry issues, develop strategies for influencing external environment, communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
Global Projects: Support global projects including cross-border transactions, product launches, privacy law or global policy implementation, need base projects, represent Pfizer India in trademark & patent cases, support in LD and EMBU-wide initiatives, manage outside counsel spend by utilizing PLA firms or leveraging on the PLA concept and budget management,as per the funds allocated to India.
Independence & Decision Making: act with substantial discretion, balancing several goals at once with idea to minimize risks/costs & maximize benefits/ returns. Ability to make clear-eyed professional judgments and to have the backbone to raise issues with the appropriate decision-maker if, for example, the proposed course of action raises issues of compliance with the law.
Complexity & Problem-Solving: challenge the status-quo and develop innovative solution for difficult, complex & systemic problem that may have precedent setting implications for the Company, is usually responding to new situations & circumstances that require attention
The position reports directly to the Director Legal & General Counsel of Pfizer India.
LLB degree from a reputed law college in India – Master’s law degree will be an added advantage;
Experience of working in pharma multi-national company.
10 years plus post qualification experience;
Working knowledge/familiarity in dealing with Corporate Laws, litigation, Pharmaceutical laws and policies, IPR/counterfeit issues;
Excellent interpersonal communication skills with proven ability to work as part of a team.
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Excellent interpersonal skills
Analytical, Decision-making and Problem-solving skills
Process and results oriented
How to Apply
LawSikho is organising a 3-day free Bootcamp on How to make a career in Mergers, Acquisition and Investment Law from 11th to 13th September between 6-9 pm IST.
You will get a step-by-step guide to become an M&A lawyer and learn about crucial skills like how to do due diligence for corporate transactions, how to draft a Shareholders Agreement and many more.
Click here to register: https://bit.ly/3h6jWjb
To view jobs posted on previous days, click here