ABOUT THE TEACH FOR INDIA FELLOWSHIP
The Teach For India Fellowship program is an opportunity for India’s brightest and most promising individuals , from the nation’s best universities and workplaces, to serve as full-time teachers to children from underserved communities in some of the nation’s most under-resourced schools. Through this experience of teaching in classrooms and working with key education stakeholders like students, principals and parents, our Fellows get exposed to the grassroot realities of India’s education system and begin to cultivate the knowledge, skills, and mindsets necessary to attain positions of leadership in education and identify their role in building a wider movement for educational equity in the country. Our Fellows transform the life paths of children in their classroom, and in turn, transform themselves towards leadership in educational equity. Our Fellows are placed as full-time teachers, for 2 years, in government or low-income private schools. They teach English, Mathematics, Science and Social Students, in English, across Grades 1 to 10. Teach For India Fellows teach in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune.
Our Fellows must possess skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, grit and have a high bar of expectations for themselves and others. They must demonstrate interpersonal skills through their interactions with various stakeholders, along with academic excellence.
In our Fellows, we look for leaders to join a movement towards educational equity. Aside from passion and commitment to the movement, we look for leadership potential that can develop through the two-year Fellowship.
We look for diversity in our cohort. Our Fellows come from across the world representing over 300 college campuses and companies, with varied life experiences, expertise and professional experiences. Our cohorts include college graduates, working professionals, and entrepreneurs.
In order to be eligible to apply to the Fellowship program, you must be an Indian Citizen or an Overseas Citizen of India, you must have graduated with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree by June/July 2022, and this must be your first application to the 2022 cohort of the Teach For India Fellowship.
THE FELLOWSHIP SELECTION PROCESS
The Teach For India Fellowship is a highly selective and coveted program, with a selectivity rate between 6% and 8.5%. Through the 3-staged process detailed below, we select the highest potential candidates into the program.
THE APPLICATION FORM AND ONLINE TEST
Your application will help us understand your experiences, your motivations to join Teach For India and why you would be a strong fit for the Fellowship.
Your application includes a 1-hour online test, which focuses on your situational judgement and English language abilities. This must be completed within 3 days or 72 hours after you submit the application form. Your application will be considered complete only after you submit the test.
THE PHONE INTERVIEW
After we have reviewed your application form and AMCAT test results, we may have some additional questions for you. If so, you will be invited to attend a 30-minute phone interview. We will ask follow-up questions to gather further information that will be helpful in our evaluation.
THE ASSESSMENT CENTRE
If successful in your Application or Phone Interview, we will invite you to the Assessment Centre, which is the final stage of our selection process. Here, you will teach a 5-minute lesson, take part in a group activity and complete a short problem-solving activity. Once you clear these activities, you will be invited to an hour-long personal interview with one of Teach For India’s community members.
How to Apply
Based on the date that the application form is submitted, you will be a part of one of our three application rounds. An applicant can apply only once during each selection cycle. Hence, be sure that you submit your best and also complete the online test within 72 hours of submitting the form.
Our three application deadlines for the 2022 Fellowship are:
Round 1: 19th September 2021, 11:59 PM IST
Round 2: 28th November 2021, 11:59 PM IST
Round 3: 6th February 2022, 11:59 PM IST
For FAQ’s visit here.
If you have a more urgent question, write to [email protected]
- Webinar on “How to Fight Against the false Criminal Case” by Justvocates: Sept 18!
- National Online Criminal Law Quiz Competition by UILS, Panjab University: Register by Sept 21!
- Webinar Series On Arbitration by Iuris Jura: Register Now!
- 1st National Bail Application and Argumentation Competition by Thakur Ramnarayan College of Law: Register by October 15!
- 1st AMITY NATIONAL TRIAL ADVOCACY COMPETITION, 2021 by AMITY LAW SCHOOL’S STUDENT BAR FORUM: Register by October 2!
- Certificate Program in “Advance IPR” by ILS, Pune: Register by September 20!
- 3rd Wildlife Protection Government Law College National Online Moot Court Competition 2021 by GLC Mumbai: Register by September 26!
- Call for Papers: HPNLU Centre for Alternate Dispute Resolutions and Professional Skill’s e-Newsletter [Issue III]: Submit by October 15!
- 21st NATIONAL CLIENT CONSULTING (SECOND VIRTUAL) COMPETITION 2021 by KERALA LAW ACADEMY: Register by October 25!
- 4TH NATIONAL ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION by RGNUL: Register by October 10!
- Call for Blogs by IBC16: Rolling Submissions
- 2nd edition of “Nitishastra” Online National Policy Making Competition by Law College Dehradun: Register By Sep 15!
- 3rd National Amity Quiz on Constitutional Law: Register by Sept 25!
- Amity Law School, Amity University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow Campus is organizing the 3rd National Amity Quiz on Constitutional Law (AQCL) on 30th September 2021.
- 2nd HPNLU National Moot Court Competition [October 29-31, 2021]: Register by Sept 22!
- Kanooniyat PIL Drafting Competition, 2021 (Exciting Cash Prizes, Internships and Free Workshop): Register by September 19
- Poster Making Competition on “Recovering Better for an Equitable and Sustainable World” by University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS): Register by Sept 30!
- Webinar on “IP Infringement: Shift in Seeking Remedies – Then and Now” by FICCI: September 9
- Webinar on “Constitutional expectations and Economic Justice” by Dharmashastra National Law University: Register by September 9
- Webinar on “Importance of Protecting Intellectual Property Rights” by Law Gardner; 17th September
- National Essay Writing Competition by Centre for Parliamentary Studies, HPNLU; Register by 26th September
- SHORT TERM AWARENESS COURSE ON CYBER CRIMES by World Cyber Security Forum; Register by15th September
- Call For Blogs –Vidhi Mitra Blog by Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur: Submit by 25 September
- CALL FOR BLOGS – USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION on “COMPETITION LAW IN DIGITAL SPACE” by Law and Technology Society of NLSIU Bangalore X The Dialogue : Register by September 30, 2021
For More Internship Opportunities: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.