About Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR)
The Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR) has been constituted under the Commission for Protection of Child Rights (CPCR) Act, 2005. It is the statutory watchdog of the Government of Delhi on matters of child rights. Some of the child rights the Commission works are:
- protection of children from exploitation, abuse, labour, trafficking, and
- Protection of children from sexual offences;
- Protection of children from child marriage;
- Right to Education;
- Right to Health with emphasis on the pregnancy care, infant care,
immunisation, protection against malnutrition, etc;
- Protection of rights of children with special needs;
- Protection of children from substance abuse;
- Enforcement of legal protections for children in case they commit offences
and the necessary safeguards associated therein;
- Right to play;
There are different divisions within the Commission for monitoring the implementation
of these rights, reviewing safeguards, inquiring into violations and advising the
government on policy formulation and amendments. Each of these divisions is mapped
to corresponding departments of the government and is headed by a Member, a State
Government Secretary level position. There are 6 Members who all report to the
About the Internship Opportunity
Delhi Commission For Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR) strongly believes in harnessing the power of our youngsters and takes measures to engage with them by means of their involvement in public service. We believe this is the only way a nation can develop rooted in ideals of justice, and basic dignity for all.
Therefore, the Commission offers internships across divisions and themes to youngsters. Interns typically support the Commission in background research, field visits, data analytics, preparing policy briefs/summaries, drafting letters/notices/summons, preparing minutes of the meetings, and documentation-related support including social media amongst others. Full-time interns are provided with a modest stipend in addition to official travel-related reimbursements.
The interns report to and work closely with the officials of the Commissions. The officers posted in the Commission are called Members of the Commission. It is Principal Secretary, Government of Delhi equivalent post (Note: Principal Secretary is the highest-ranking officer in any department of the government). Depending upon the work, interns may report to Consultants/Sr Consultants/ Members/ Secretary/
Currently, the Commission offers 36 positions of internships. Please note that the application is on a rolling basis. Interns perform on or more of the following functions:
- Conduct background research on different issues involving children such as
violence and abuse, child labour, education, health & nutrition, etc.
- Conduct field visits to anganwadis, schools, children homes to collect facts and
prepare background reports. They also assist inspection teams.
- Prepare background policy briefs on different issues related to children
- Handle social media for the Commission in a manner prescribed
- Assist in the project management and their logistics including but not limited to
different interventions, rescue operations, on-site awareness activities, training
- Draft notices/summons/legal briefs as may be assigned
- Engage in teaching, learning and extra-curricular activities, if assigned to work in
- Assist the Commission in resolving different grievances raised by citizens.
- Any other task that the Commission deems appropriate.
- Commitment to public service;
- Good communication skills (Both, hindi and english)
- Work ethics and high integrity;
- Basic humility to work in teams and setting;
- Basic levels of proficiency in English (writing, reading);
- Microsoft office (Excel, Powerpoint and Word);
- Background (either academic or work experience) in law, policy, social
work, education, counseling;
- Prior experience of working for public cause as part of volunteering
The Chairperson and Members of DCPCR will supervise all interns, however, the day to day supervision would be done by the consultants at the Commission.
How to Apply
Apply by filling this form.
LawSikho is organising a 3-day free Bootcamp on How to make a career in Mergers, Acquisition and Investment Law from 11th to 13th September between 6-9 pm IST.
You will get a step-by-step guide to become an M&A lawyer and learn about crucial skills like how to do due diligence for corporate transactions, how to draft a Shareholders Agreement and many more.
Click here to register: https://bit.ly/3h6jWjb
- Legal Research Editors Required at Corp Comm Legal, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Quasar Legal: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Adv Akaant K M: Apply by Oct 14!
- Online Short Term Internship Programme (with Stipend) November 2021 by National Human Rights Commission (NHRC): Apply by Oct 19!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at GnS Legal, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Campus Activewear Pvt Ltd, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Indospirit New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Propelld, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lawyered, Gurgaon: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Abhinav Mishra: Advocates & Solicitors, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Reliance General Insurance: Apply Now!
- Indirect Taxes Internship Scheme, 2021 by Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs, Ministry of Finance: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Blackberrys Menswear: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at SDS Advocates, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Airmeet: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at IP Bulletin: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Thukral Law Associates: Apply Now!
- Think India’s Research Assistantship under Dr. Aniruddha Rajput (Member, International Law Commission (2017-2021): Apply by Oct 8!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at ANB Legal (Corporate Commercial Team), Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at J & G Associates: Apply Now!
- Research Associate under Krusha Bhatt (Lecturer, JGLS): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at TechPose India: Apply Now!
- Legal Reporter/Writer (Part-time) at MxMIndia: Apply by Oct 7!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Cred: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Inovatree Consultants LLP: Apply by Oct 8!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at JK Tech, Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Mantavya Legal, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Skywards Law, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Dave and Associates, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Paid Research Associates with Mithali Agarwal ( 3rd Year and above): Apply by Oct 10!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AKJ Attorneys & Solicitors LLP, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at TM Ventures Pvt. Ltd, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at IndiGrid, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at P & P Associates, Ahmedabad: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity under Geeta Kanwar: Apply Now!
- Research Associate at Sigma Chambers, Advocates and Solicitors: Apply Now!
- Winter Internship at Department of Justice, Ministry of Law & Justice ( Nov-Dec): Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity at Invest India: Apply by September 30!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Sapphire & Sage – Law Offices: Apply by September 27!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Gaurav H Sethi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Alpha AI: Apply by Sept 30!
- Internship Opportunity at Delhi Skill & Entrepreneurship University (DSEU): Apply by September 26!
- Legal Internship Opportunity ( With Stipend) at LegalPay: Apply Now!
- Online Legal Internship Opportunity with Adv. Ashish Panday [Delhi High Court]: Applications Open
- Research Intern at D91 Labs (an Initiative by Setu) with Stipend: Apply Now
For More Internship Opportunities: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.