Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab, was established by the State Legislature of Punjab by passing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab Act, (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006). The Act incorporated a University of Law of national stature in Punjab, thereby fulfilling the need for a Centre of Excellence in legal education in the modern era of globalization and liberalization. The University has been ranked among the top 10 law schools in India in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), by the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
ABOUT THE CENTRE
The Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH) is an esteemed research centre of Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, which is dedicated to research in the field of International Humanitarian Law (IHL). It aims to ensure that future leaders and opinion-makers understand the practical relevance of the subject of IHL, and have a thorough
knowledge of its basic principles. Whenever there are serious and large-scale violations of IHL, it is important to find out exactly where the problem lies rather than rushing headlong into changing the rules, especially as nowadays, this is an extremely arduous, costly and unpredictable process. Therefore, the first and foremost function is to sensitize teachers,
researchers and students about the provisions of the IHL so that they may choose IHL as the focus of their future research endeavours. It is known for its cutting-edge research in the field of International Humanitarian Law and International Criminal Law.
ABOUT THE BLOG WRITING COMPETITION
The Centre for Advanced Studies in International Humanitarian Law is organizing a blog writing competition for the students studying in various law schools all across the country. The CASH blog writing competition welcomes blogs in the form of articles, short notes, opinions and case commentaries dealing with legal issues related to International Humanitarian Law and International Criminal Law.
The main purpose of organizing this competition is to provide students with a platform to demonstrate their reading, thinking, and writing abilities in a cohesive and condensed Centre for Advanced Studies in International Humanitarian Law (CASH) manner. This competition will give young authors a platform to explore a wide range of difficult and intriguing issues beyond the typical academic curriculum. The students are required to examine and propose strategies for establishing new and improved humanitarian practices all around the world.
The competition has no thematic restraints, but the submission must conform to the issues related to Humanitarian law and armed conflicts. Hence the submissions are expected on a variety of topics relevant to, but not limited to:
? The Duty to Protect by Military Force: Developing Standards for Humanitarian Intervention?
? Personnel Protection in Peace Operations: The Safety Convention’s Function in the Context of General International Law
? Protecting the Environment in Relation to Armed Conflict – The Role of Multilateral Environmental Agreements
? An analysis of the effectiveness and legality of using biological weapons during conflicts under international humanitarian law
? International Humanitarian Law: Terrorism and counter-terrorism
? Even wars have limits: The normative framework of IHL
? Interfaith coexistence: Together and Forever
? Sexual Violence: An inevitable aspect of armed conflict
? Humanitarian crises and rights of personals
• The deadline for submission of blogs is 15th August 2022. No entry after the deadline
shall be entertained.
• The subject and theme of the blog should deal with any contemporary topic related to
international humanitarian law. We expect the submissions to be of interpretive,
exploratory, and non-descriptive style.
• All submissions must be in Times New Roman, Font size 12, Spacing 1.5, Justified.
The word limit should range between 1000-1500 words.
Centre for Advanced Studies in International Humanitarian Law (CASH)
• A maximum of two-level headings is allowed.
• References should be incorporated in the body of the article itself through hyperlinks.
No endnotes or footnotes shall be used.
• Co-authorship of a maximum of 2 is permitted.
• We follow a strict no-plagiarism policy. Articles with more than 10 per cent plagiarized content shall be summarily rejected. The author(s) bear sole responsibility for the accuracy of facts, opinions, or views stated in the submitted Manuscript.
• The manuscripts must be submitted through the Google form:
https://forms.gle/WuEeoBnqnJKeUVvC7. All entries should be submitted in .doc or .docx format and the file must be titled “CASH- Blog submission”.
• Copyright of all published blog posts shall remain with the Centre. All Moral Rights shall vest with the author(s).
• While submitting the blog, the author shall mention a declaration in the mail as follows: “If selected for publication, the author gives the copyright of the work to the Centre. The author also declares that this is the original and unpublished work of the author(s)”.
Please note that any submission not conforming to these guidelines may be rejected. In the event that the blog submitted to CASH has been already submitted and rejected at any other platform, the author must withdraw it.
• Winner of the blog writing competition: – Cash Prize of Rs. 1500.
• First Runners up: Cash Prize of Rs. 1000.
• Second Runners up: Cash Prize of Rs.500
• Top 5 entries will be considered for publication on the website of the centre + One-month internship opportunity with the research team of the Centre for Advanced Studies in International Humanitarian Law.
• Certificate of merit to all the participants.
In case of any queries, you can write a mail to [email protected] with the subject “Query for blog” or contact:
• Mr. Aviral Mishra (Student Convenor, CASH) at + 91-7985026059.
• Ms. Sanskriti Dixit at +91-942466249
- 9th Professor V.S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition by Seedling School of Law and Governance, Jaipur National University: Register by Jan 17!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- 2023 NHRC-RGNUL Human Rights National Moot Court Competition: Register by Jan 20!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Jobs – 30th Dec 2022
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.