Here you will find legal jobs primarily based in India. We update this list daily. To see legal jobs that we posted yesterday and before, click here and scroll. If you are a recruiter, click here to send us your job vacancy.
Note for job seekers: Here is a list of what we do not do:
- We do not manage applications for these legal jobs.
- We do not monitor deadlines, which means that vacancies posted a few days ago might have been closed.
Legal Jobs – Jan 14 , 2022
Sr Commercial Attorney, Singhania & Partners LLP, South Delhi (PQE: 5-8 year)
About the job
Senior Commercial Attorney in our Contracts – Managed Services team. As a Senior Commerical Attorney you will be a member of the legal service delivery team for one or multiple global client(s), working closely with client’s in-house counsel teams in different geographies, including in the Americas, EMEA and APAC. You will provide commercial and transactional support, working both independently on assigned projects, and collaboratively with the client’s in house team and the Elevate legal delivery teams across the globe. You will be responsible for drafting, reviewing, redlining, negotiating various contracts and other transactional documents as well as conducting general and legal research and drafting well written memorandums.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Specifically, you will
• Review contracts against established standards and negotiate acceptable alternatives, working from templates and tools that you will help create
• Compare contracts and highlight differences and similarities in memorandum format
• Facilitate escalation of unresolved issues, approval and signature
• Update or draft playbooks and templates
• Research and analyse areas of commercial law as relevant to the company’s business and future prospects, and prepare memos or position statements for different audiences
• Provide high level legal research and memorandum drafting support for other simple to high complexity legal research assignments
• Experience with Microsoft products like Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint
• 5-8 years of total experience with at least 3 years of relevant experience with commercial transactional support, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, particularly services and supply agreements, software license and SAAS agreements, procurement and other inbound agreements
• Excellent track record in previous client support/customer service engagements
Skills For Success
• Proven ability to work in a client-centric, deadline driven environment
• Vision – highly detail oriented, with good analytical skills, financial acumen, and business judgment
• Excellent drafting skills, particularly depicting complex ideas clearly and concisely
• Professionalism in both verbal and written work
• Keen understanding and ability to comply with confidentiality obligations
• Excellent listening as well as communication skills
• Integrity and ability to own mistakes
• Experience conducting simple to complex legal research and memorandum drafting
• Participated in M&A procedures
• Some experience with contract management software
• LL.B. (LL.M. is preferred, but not mandatory)
Apply to [email protected]
Resource Person – Legal, Azim Premji Foundation ,Bangalore (PQE: 3 to 5 Years)
About the job
- Draft, review and negotiate various kinds of agreements including high-value EPC, service agreements, software license agreements, and land purchase and leases.
- Develop and implement standard contract templates and compliance checklists
- Advice on legal & secretarial aspects and applicable statutory compliances of various legal entity structures.
- Draft minutes of board meetings, board resolutions and co-ordinate with the external consultant for various legal & statutory filing requirements- for trust, society & Sec 8 company structures.
- Front end all compliances related to Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Drive compliance with various labour statutes such as Shops & Commercial Establishments Act, Provident Fund, Minimum Wages Act, Contract Labour Regulation Act etc.
- Research, interpret and apply pertinent statutes, regulations, and case laws to multiple aspects of Foundation work.
- Handle litigation matters.
- Identify and manage relations with outside legal counsel on various matters – intellectual property, taxation, Right to Information, Right to Education Act etc.
- Publish periodic MIS on all legal and secretarial matters.
Legal Associate, MAK LAW, Dehradun (PQE: 0-2years)
About the job
MAK LAW is looking to expand its team by recruiting a Legal Associate with 0-2 years of experience on a retainer ship basis. We are looking for people who are passionate about the law and have a keen interest in Litigation and Intellectual Property Rights. The candidate should be willing to work on all legal matters of the firm.
The Candidate will be recruited on probation for three months and thereafter he/she may be confirmed as retainer based on his/her performance.
Job Title: Legal Associate
Job Location: Dehradun, Uttarakhand
This is strictly an on-site job.
Start date: FEBRUARY 2022
Qualifications: 0-2 PQE (High English Proficiency)
The candidate should be a qualified lawyer and must have cleared the All-India Bar Exam. Freshers can apply.
The Associate will be expected to work on all matters related to Family Law, Intellectual Property Law, Contracts, various kinds of IP and Business Agreements, regulatory measures, Civil and Criminal Litigation.
The responsibilities include researching cases, drafting contracts, drafting petitions, oppositions, developing various corporate procedures, ensuring regulatory compliance, conducting research, writing papers and articles, working on prosecution matters, handling the filings and attending hearings in courts and tribunals.
English Proficiency is a must.
Salary as per industry standards.
Legal Assistant, VVDN Technologies, Manesar(PQE- NA Years)
About the job
• Review and redline contracts and other project legal documents from covered jurisdictions, assessing implications that need to be brought to the project team and management’s attention
• Prepare a contract checklist which summarizes important contractual terms and conditions
• Advise project managers on risks related to contractual queries arising within the projects, including handling the claims or complaints occurring in the performance of contracts in the covered jurisdictions
• Advise and assist in internal governance and preparation of the required approvals
• Advise on basic corporate and insurance-related queries in relation to legal entities in covered jurisdictions; assist with documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise on the necessary checklists
• Prepare standard templates of various Contracts and Standard terms of business, incorporating local adds-on (liaising with local external lawyers if essential)
• Respond to internal legal queries advising on appropriate contract form and specific legal aspects (research if necessary). Prepare guidelines and forms for internal circulation
• Legal qualifications (LLB or another relevant degree) and
• Previous experience of providing in-house legal support in a consultancy or company in the manufacturing and IT/ITES industry
• Experience in contract drafting and redlining in English
• Application of commercial acumen when reviewing and advising on contracts
• Working knowledge of corporate law, contracts, insurances
• Excellent communication skills, demonstrated ability to think and act quickly and communicate legal issues and solutions clearly and concisely
Junior Legal Counsel,Cepheid, Gurugram
Provide sound, efficient and effective legal services and advice to business functions in India, including:
- Reviewing, drafting, advising on and negotiating all forms of agreements;
- Ensuring the timely and effective provision of legal advice to internal clients on a wide range of legal issues (such as distributor arrangements, privacy, competition, intellectual property and employment law issues);
- Advising the business on any changes in laws and regulations and cooperating with the functional team to take necessary actions;
- Localizing and developing contract templates, legal related processes and polices for India;
- Leading corporate governance related matters for India;
- Effective and efficient management and resolution of disputes/litigations;
- Supervising external counsel and monitoring billing guidelines/fees;
- Managing contracts depositary for India.
- Work closely with country and regional stakeholders to ensure Company’s compliance policies are implemented and maintained
- Ensure a continued emphasis on maintaining a strong corporate governance culture, maintaining good and transparent relations with all key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Contribute to the development of country specific compliance policies and procedures and code of conduct; conduct compliance trainings and maintaining training records
- Conduct periodic reviews and tests to ensure all areas of the business are operating in accordance with relevant laws and regulations, as well as internal policies and procedures, and work with regional Compliance team to implement remediation plans where necessary
- Advise country management and functional leaders on new/ proposed legislation, implement sensible changes to Company’s compliance program to comply with new regulatory requirements and/ legislation
- Develop and conduct internal and external trainings to stakeholders
Education/Qualification: Bachelor Degree or above in Law (Essential)
• Strong knowledge of Indian legal and compliance laws and regulations;
• Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and organizational skills;
• Thrive under enormous pressure and be able to handle multi-tasks and work independently;
• Ability to identity, assess and navigate legal and compliance risks;
• Demonstrate creative problem-solving skills;
• High level of integrity and honesty;
• Meticulous, and with great attention to details;
• Solution-focused, resourceful and show initiative;
• Strong analytical and decision-making capabilities;
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team in a fast-paced and lean organization;
• Fluent in written and spoken English;
• Hands-on and quality-driven.
Junior Associate, Office of Priyadarshi Manish,New Delhi( PQE- Fresher)
Vacancy for Junior Associate at Office of Priyadarshi Manish.
(Immediate joining required)
Office location: Jangpura, New Delhi.
Qualifications and Skills Required: Freshers interested in Indirect Taxes
Experienced Associates in Indirect Taxes
The candidate should possess strong writing/ analytical skills and should be able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
Salary: As per industry standards.
How to Apply? : Mail your CV to [email protected]
Lawyers,South Delhi based law firm (PQE – 0-4 Years)
A South Delhi based law firm in Greater Kailash 1 is looking for associate’s with 0-2 PQE and 2-4 years of experience.
Job profile would be to deal in diversified arbitration cases, civil laws and banking laws in all tribunals in Delhi and also at High Court of Delhi and Supreme Court of India.
Salary as per Experience & Industry Standards.
Interested candidates may send their CV to [email protected]
LAWYER, Chamber of Advocate Hari Shankar Jain, Indirapuram (PQE- 1-2 Years)
A vacancy is available for a LAWYER with a minimum experience of 1-2 years in the Chamber of Advocate Hari Shankar Jain.
The candidate has to be WELL VERSED with Ms Word and should be very good at RESEARCHING and DRAFTING. Further, the candidate is required to have good knowledge of computers and gadgets so as to assist the Senior in Online Hearings, sending appearances, e-filing, etc.
The candidate must be willing to travel and appear in courts.
Office location: Indirapuram (mostly here) and Barakhamba Road.
Interested candidates may send their resumes with their cover letter on [email protected]
Legal Associate, CSL Finance Limited,Delhi NCR( PQE- 2-3 Years)
About the job
Vacancy in Corporate Team – Legal at CSL Finance Limited
PQE – 2-3 years
Location – Delhi NCR
Job Description –
Drafting, Scrutinizing and Vetting of Loan Documents, Security Documents for Project Finance, Escrow Agreements, Mortgage Deed, Share Pledge Agreement.
Review critical clauses in Term Sheet/Sanction Letter for fund raising by entities
Basic knowledge about security documents, types of mortgage
Salary: As per industry standards
Banking & Finance Partner, full services law firm, Mumbai & Bangalore ( PQE- 0 to 2 Years)
Human Elevation (HE) is hiring for Banking & Finance Partner
Location – Mumbai & Bangalore
Our client is a full services law firm with offices in 4 cities in India are looking for a Partner to expand their banking & finance practice in Mumbai & Bangalore
Interested applicants may reach out to me at [email protected] for a detailed and confidential discussion regarding the same.
Legal Professional, BSNL, New Delhi ( PQE- 2 Years)
- Name of the Post Fulltime Young Legal Professionals in Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
Corporate Office, New Delhi (on fixed short term contract basis).
- Number of Posts- 02 (Two)
- Place of Posting – Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited, Corporate Office (BSNL), New Delhi
- Period of fixed
The initial engagement shall be for 1 (one) year.
Extension for the 2nd& 3rd year can be considered based on performance and need
basis. The same will be with an annual increase of 5% after the 1st& 2nd year with
approval of the Competent Authority of BSNL.
- Age Limit – The age of the Candidate shall not be more than 32 years on last date of receipt of
The date of birth entered in matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or
in a Certificate recognized by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or
in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a university, which must
be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or
an equivalent examination certificate. The certificates are required to be submitted
only at the time of document verification. No other document relating to age like
horoscopes, affidavit, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, Service records and
the like will be accepted.
- Qualifications /
Nationality: Only Indian Nationals shall be eligible to apply.
The candidate should have graduated with LLB (either 3 years or 5 years integrated course).
The institute should be approved by Bar Council of India (BCI).
Minimum Marks: The candidate must have scored at least 60 per cent marks in aggregate in LLB.
The candidate should have post qualification experience of three years.
Advantage shall be given to candidates completing their five-year integrated LLB
course from any of the National Law Universities in India.
Advantage shall be given to candidates with good PGCLAT 2021 Score.
i. Post qualification Executive Experience of Three Years, preferably in Legal
Division of Central Govt./PSU, State Govt./PSU, Registered Company/Law Firm
engaged in the business of Advocates and Solicitors for more than 20 years.
Law_RRM_Senior Associate, EY, Bengaluru (PQE- 0 to 3 Years)
Your Key Responsibilities
- At an associate level would be required to assist the Immigration team in U.S. and Canada in preparing U.S. and Canadian immigration cases.
- The preparation of cases would require the Attorney to:
- Learn immigration processing categories and legal requirements for each work visa and permanent resident visa category and apply legal knowledge as required in the case preparation process
- Use available resources to draft complex immigration petition packages (using the facts of each case to tell a story, while highlighting each of the legal requirements)
- Revise drafts
- Ensure that documents are saved and filed into the appropriate virtual workspaces/folders
- Leverage technology resources to ensure the immigration group is operating as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Liaise on a regular basis with support teams located throughout EY’s international network.
- In addition to this, the Attorney would be required to work with team members and further the development of the team – be it timely reporting to seniors; understanding project metrics such as utilization and efficiency; and overall taking ownership of the work assigned to them.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in Law
- 0 – 3 years of prior experience
- Professional proficiency in English, with in-depth knowledge of the rules of the English language, standards of style, punctuation, and grammar. Also, excellent legal research, writing and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail along with the ability to understand and follow specific, detailed instructions
- Ability to work under pressure with tight timelines and high volumes, while also being proactive and efficient
- A team-oriented approach and demonstrate excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
Click here for more info and to apply.
fresh law graduates, Cornellia Chambers,Delhi ( PQE- 0–1 Year)
We are inviting applications from enthusiastic, committed, and passionate fresh law graduates (0–1-year experience):
A) You are expected to have below mentioned skills:
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Attention to detail in drafting, research, and negotiations.
• Basic proficiency in the following MS office skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Open to flexible work hours, as needed
• Ability to support the team by taking ownership of tasks
• Performs work efficiently and accurately
B) Key responsibilities but not limited to:
• Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating various commercial contracts and agreements.
• Assisting in Venture Capital and Private Equity transactions
• Drafting and researching on ongoing matter.
• Writing a legal opinion.
C) How You Can Apply
You can apply to us by sending in your resume along with a cover letter and a writing at [email protected].
The end date to apply for the full time role is 31st January, 2022.
To view jobs posted on previous days, click here
Join our WhatsApp group to get notified of these jobs immediately.