About Lokpal of India
The Lokpal is the first institution of its kind in independent India,established under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act 2013 to inquire and investigate into allegations of corruption against public functionaries who fall within the scope and ambit of the above Act.
The Lokpal of India is committed to address concerns and aspirations of the citizens of India for clean governance. It shall make all efforts within its jurisdiction to serve the public interest and shall endeavor to use the powers vested in it to eradicate corruption in public life.
India is a signatory to the United Nations Convention against Corruption.The commitment of the Government to provide clean and responsive governance is reflected in passing of the legislation and creation of the body of Lokpal, to contain and punish acts of corruption.
This is what the then Secretary General of United Nations has had to say on the adoption of the resolution by the Member States:
“Corruption is an insidious plague that has a wide range of corrosive effects on societies. It undermines democracy and the rule of law, leads to violations of human rights, distorts markets, erodes the quality of life and allows organized crime, terrorism and other threats to human security to flourish. This evil phenomenon is found in all countries – big and small, rich and poor – but it is in the developing world that its effects are most destructive. Corruption hurts the poor disproportionately by diverting funds intended for development, undermining a Government’s ability to provide basic services, feeding inequality and injustice and discouraging foreign aid and investment. Corruption is a key element in economic underperformance and a major obstacle to poverty alleviation and development.”
About Internship Opportunity
Applications are invited for an internship program under the Lokpal of India Internship Scheme 2021 from interested eligible candidates as per the following details.
The applicant should be pursuing a regular undergraduate or postgraduate degree course in the field of Law, Political Science, Public Administration, Public Policy, Management, Economics, or Human Rights.
Applicants must have secured a minimum of 75% or equivalent marks in the 12th class.
The undergraduate student must have completed at least two years of study in the undergraduate course.
Undergraduate students must have a minimum aggregate of 55% or equivalent marks in years completed till the date of application.
Postgraduate students must have a minimum aggregate of 55% or equivalent in the graduation course.
The applicant may indicate desired duration of Internship in the application.
The duration of the internship will be for a minimum period of 6 weeks and a maximum period of 12 weeks as per application.
Date of Application
Eligible candidates may apply anytime by proposing date of commencement and period of internship during the financial year. Application should reach to the Office of Lokpal of India at least three month before the proposed date of commencement of internship.
Candidate can apply through their Institute/ College/ University in the annexed application form. It should
be duly recommended by HOD/Dean/Principal of the institute of the candidate.
Enclose a summary of marks in 12th and graduation to show his/her eligibility of candidate for internship as
indicated at Sr. No. (ii). Enclose self-attested scanned copies of mark sheet of 12th standard onward including mark sheet of each year/semester of present course.
To enclose a 500 words write-up on any of the topics mentioned in the Application Form
The application should be sent by post on E-mail to:
Deputy Secretary, Lokpal of India
Plot No.6, Phase-II, Vasant Kunj,
Institutional Area, New Delhi-110070.
Application duly recommended by the Head of the Department/ Dean/ Principal of the Institution should be received at least three months prior to the date of commencement of the internship.
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AMRG & Associates, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at the office of Adv. Kuldeep Rai, Supreme Court of India, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Shri Law Chambers, Allahabad: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Indian Intellectual Property Foundation (IIPF), Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at LexRidge Partners, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Lex AV Attorneys LLP, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at S. Bhambri & Associates, Delhi: Apply by Nov 30!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Pocket Aces, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Siddharth Acharya & Associates, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Cashfree Payments, Bengaluru: Apply Now!
- DSLSA Winter Internship Programme 2021-22: Apply by Dec 15!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at NKB Legal, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Mehta Law Associates, Jammu: Apply Now!
- Winter Online Internship Opportunity 2021-22 at Uttar Pradesh Judicial Reform Council, WICCI (Only For Women): Apply Now
- Paid Legal Internship Opportunity with Advocate Pratyush Prasanna, Delhi: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity at ASD Legal: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lily Thomas and Saju Jakob (Advocates & Solicitors)
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Neil Chatterjee: Apply Now
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.