Here you will find legal jobs primarily based in India. We update this list daily. To see legal jobs that we posted yesterday and before, click here and scroll. If you are a recruiter, click here to send us your job vacancy.
Note for job seekers: Here is a list of what we do not do:
- We do not manage applications for these legal jobs.
- We do not monitor deadlines, which means that vacancies posted a few days ago might have been closed.
Legal Jobs – Jan 28, 2022
Legal Counsel,Turing,Remote(PQE -2-3 Years)
Turing , is looking to hire a Legal Counsel with around 2-3 years of experience in commercial contracts review and negotiations.
The profile is not limited to contracts and can include compliance as well, since its a small team. Turing is a data-science-driven deep jobs platform helping companies spin up their engineering teams, and is based in California. The job is fully remote and location doesn’t matter.
Salary will be as per, or above market standards.
Any interested candidates may send their CVs to [email protected]
Senior Associate,leading law firm, Noida(PQE: 3-6 Years)
Human Elevation (HE) is hiring for senior associate for a leading law firm in M&A, private equity.
PQE: 3-6 years
Candidates who have dealt with entire transactional process will be considered. For further information & a confidential discussion, please reach out to me at [email protected] with the subject line “Associate _M&A II Noida”
Senior Legal Counsel,Siemens ,Thane (PQE -10 to 15 Years)
Senior Legal Counsel – Commercial Law
We leverage our powerful ecosystem of leading external and internal partners and our network of key delivery centers. We believe in the value of industry best-practice standards achieved through evolving technology and digitalization. We focus on employee experience as a key driver of our actions. In doing so, we deliver flexibility, quality, and efficiency for the businesses we partner with.
The said position is in Siemens Limited, India. You will be required to work independently and be responsible for providing high quality and responsive legal support and guidance to the Mobility business (“Mobility”) of the Siemens Limited, India and will be reporting to the lead lawyer of Mobility.
Come, Change the future with us
The primary role and responsibilities of this position are:
- You need to carry out risk analysis of projects, drafting & negotiating contracts, and handling dispute resolution and therefore you should have advanced knowledge of contract laws and arbitration laws. You should have very good understanding of infrastructure projects and infrastructure contracts and should be able to analyze them and provide legal risk evaluation during the bid-stage of a project.
- You need to develop complete understanding of the project in hand and propose mitigation strategies from a business or legal perspective. Bring in strategic thinking with problem-solving attitude.
- You are required to draft and negotiate customer contract, vendor/ supplier contracts and from time-to-time contracts pertaining to supply chain management.
- You are required to provide support during project execution to ensure strict observance of contractual requirements, rights and obligations towards customers, suppliers and other parties involved (e.g., interpretation of sections, change orders, claim management, correspondences etc.).
- Work closely with contract managers and review project execution from time to time.
- Have focus on corporate governance and compliance topics while providing legal advice (like IP, antitrust, ESG regulations etc.).
- You are required to have strong customer focus, flexibility, and decision-making capability. You would need to understand customer’s concern and make decisions that would demand striking a right balance between business interest, compliance, and governance.
- You need to have the ability to manage numerous matters simultaneously and competing priorities and work within a matrix set up.
Additionally, the role would also from time to time include:
- Handling commercial litigation and arbitration with keen interest to negotiate and mediate disputes, but at the same time be able to decide on the requirement to initiate and/or defend legal disputes.
- You will have to liaise with external counsels (within company’s panel) and undertake litigation in a most cost-effective manner.
- Manage expectations of multiple business stakeholders at all levels within the organization.
- Training: You will be required to learn and share your learnings by way of trainings to the legal team and business on various topics.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds with a winning attitude!
Desired Qualifications & Traits
- You have a law degree from a reputed law college in India or from a reputed international college with 10 to 15 years PQE.
- You have preferably worked with a law firm or multinational company, with internationally staffed teams and international contractual partners.
- You have experience and advanced understanding on contract laws and arbitration laws.
- Working knowledge of ESG regulations and other emerging laws like competition, data protection, cybersecurity etc.
- You have experience in litigation and drafting, negotiation and execution of contracts and dispute resolution. Additionally, experience in regulatory and compliance issues would be an advantage.
- You will be our preferred candidate if you have advanced communication and legal writing skills (English), a problem-solving and solution-oriented approach and a dedicated attitude. You should be driven by integrity, ownership culture and reliability. You should be open to occasional to frequent travelling and like to have fun at work.
Lawyer, Zeus Law Associates, New Delhi (PQE -2-4 Years)
Zeus Law Associates are looking to hire candidates in our litigation team with 2-4 years experience.
Location: New Delhi.
Email: [email protected]
CC to: [email protected]
Assistant Counsel,Citi,Mumbai (PQE -0-2 Years)
The Associate Counsel is an intermediate position responsible for providing full leadership and direction to a team of employees in an effort to manage and direct day-to-day legal activities in coordination with the Legal team. The overall objective of this role is to provide legal support, advice and guidance across a broad range of practice areas.
- Evaluate employee performance and provide recommendations for pay increases, promotions, terminations, etc.
- Supervise external counsel and resolve issues, escalating to manager as needed
- Provide legal advice in one area of practice within a product, country or business
- Analyze documentation against regulatory requirements and internal policies to advise business accordingly
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Valid bar license to practice law
- Relevant experience preferably from another bank or a premier law firm
- Comprehensive knowledge of local, state and federal laws and practices
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Proven analytical and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Legal Counsel,Shell India, Gurgaon( PQE-
An excellent opportunity for a legal counsel who wants to work on managing and strategizing Shell India’s general corporate/commercial legal work relating to various businesses and functions including identifying general legal sensitivities in a variety of area advising on potential legal and business issues in context of client objectives. You’ll help to expand the footprint of Shell in India and in doing so, grow your own reputation.
Where you fit in
Shell India’s activities occur within the complex Indian legal and regulatory system which has a multiplicity of authorities (viz. at federal, state, and local level) and an intricate set of internal policies, procedures, and controls.
In such intricate/complex environment, the successful candidate will work independently and take lead on various legal matters that are of strategic importance to Shell India.
What’s the role?
As Legal Counsel, you will provide professional, cost-effective, practical, and commercially savvy legal advice. You will proactively identify legal risks in a variety of circumstances and offer alternative strategies and mitigation steps balancing business desired outcomes and protecting the business against legal risks.
You are also expected to independently lead engagements with business leaders in managing their expectations on legal support. This is a fantastic opportunity for collaborating and coordinating with Legal colleagues across Shell’s Regional/Global teams in delivering the desired business outcomes.
You will also work with third parties in dealing with corporate legal work including negotiations, engagements; keeping Shell India’s rights and reputation at forefront in all financial, contractual and other arrangements.
What we need from you?
We’re keen to hear from Legal professionals with an LL.B degree, and at least 7 years post qualification experience with 4-5 years of broad based corporate experience of working in law firms. An associate membership (ACS) of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India is not a requirement but would be an added qualification
Beyond that, we’d like to see the following on your CV:
- Excellent knowledge and practical experience of handling corporate, business and commercial transactions besides supporting day to day requirements of a company; ability of maintaining and managing great relationship with business; ability to identify legal risks and finding creative solutions thereto within acceptable legal and risk frameworks.
- Exceptional understanding of general corporate and commercial laws including laws relating to contract, sale of goods, immovable property, companies, labour/employment, foreign direct investment & foreign exchange, anti-trust, bribery & corruption, environmental, stamp & registration, general legal concepts & principles and so on.
- Having a learner’s mindset in evolving business/legal scenario with ability to work in a consulting environment, a research based approach for finding legal & business solutions in new & unknown areas including ability to detect general and specific liabilities as applicable.
- Ability to have sound judgment on critical legal issues; strong drafting, influencing and negotiating skills; ability to lead complex / sensitive discussions and negotiations and work independently without supervision with a tactical and strategic approach.
Legal Counsel,LexisNexis,Gurgaon( PQE-1-5 Years)
PURPOSE: The Legal Counsel – India reports directly to the Head of Legal, Asia and is responsible for supporting India business of LexisNexis and such other countries/regions as the Head of Legal – Asia shall direct from time to time. The role is expected to be fully integrated with the senior management team of the India business. Subject to the following, the purpose of the role is to deliver commercially focused legal advice to business decision makers, to protect the company from harm, and to ensure policies and procedures are followed. This involves ensuring legal, regulatory and internal compliance takes place to the highest standards, evaluating relevant legal issues, obligations and vulnerabilities of the business, ensuring that all practices, policies, and business activities of the organisation protect the company’s interests and are integrated with the commercial strategies and objectives of the business. The position proactively ensures that the Head of Legal – Asia is aware of material legal considerations that affect the business and provides advice and counsel to the India business, line managers and such other regions/businesses as the Head of Legal – Asia shall direct concerning the laws and regulations that impact their functional areas. The role has the support of a team of paralegals based in the Philippines.
1. Delivers commercially focused legal advice across all legal areas
relevant to the business and its activities, seeks to proactively protect the
company from harm, and seeks to proactively ensure policies and procedures
2. Ensuring legal, regulatory and internal compliance takes place to the
3. Advises on commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
4. Analyses and negotiates commercial contracts.
5. Monitors and advises all current commercial policies and procedures for
compliance with applicable law.
6. Advises all current regulatory policies and procedures applicable to the
7. Focuses on high value work and ensures they have a strategic
understanding of the business and its needs.
8. Motivates, trains and coaches the paralegals based in the Philippines.
9. Builds and maintains strong internal relationships with key stakeholders
by ensuring that the legal teams’ services are integral to the business.
Knowledge: Previous work in a law firm/legal department of MNC with experience in dealing with corporate, commercial and technology law trends across Asia is preferred. Knowledge of Indian law is essential. Preferable, but not essential, to have experience advising in respect of dealings in other Asia jurisdictions.
1. Solutions oriented, proactive provision of legal advice
2. Excellent written and spoken communication skills
3. Business engagement skills
4. Building, managing and maintaining strong internal relationships with key stakeholders
5. Collaborative and able to partner with different functions across business
6. Energises employees
7. Leads with integrity
8. Commercial and financial literacy
9. Strong conceptual and strategic thinking — able to see ahead
1. Qualified Lawyer with 1-5 years PQE
2. Law Degree from a reputable university Language: Fluency in English
Legal Associate,ANM Global , Mumbai( PQE-3+ Year)
We are hiring an Associate for Media and Transactional Practice
1) 3+ experience working as legal in the Media & Entertainment industry
2) Litigation background / exposure would be a plus.
3) Salary as per industry standards.
4) Location: Mumbai
Interested candidates kindly share their CV at [email protected]
Junior Associates,SAAR Associates, Lajpat Nagar (PQE -2-3 Years)
Vacancy at SAAR Associates.
PQE – Minimum 2-3 years, with General litigation, IBC and arbitration background.
Salary – As per industry standards and based on last drawn salary.
Location – Lajpat Nagar -3
Email – [email protected]
Associate, Lex Commerci ,Chandigarh (PQE -2 to 5 Years)
We are looking to hire an Associate for the Arbitration team in our Chandigarh Office. We are seeking candidates having 2 to 5 years of experience and who are well versed with arbitration law, have appeared before Judicial And Quasi Judicial bodies. The candidates must possess good drafting and research skills with experience in drafting of Statement of Claims, Statement of Defense, Statement of Counter Claims etc.
Send your Resume at [email protected]
Lawyers,Persistent, Delhi (PQE 1-6 Years)
Persistent is Looking for a candidate having 1-6 years of experience in M&A legal and Contracting. LLB degree is mandatory. We have two roles.
Experience in merger and acquisition, negotiations of MSA, contract negotiation, contractor, NDAs will be preferred.
Freshers pls refrain from applying and candidates with fair legal knowledge will be called only.
Candidates meeting criteria please share your resume on [email protected] for a confidential discussion
To view jobs posted on previous days, click here
Join our WhatsApp group to get notified of these jobs immediately.