About ADC, SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
The Australian Disputes Centre, Sydney is an independent, not for-profit company dedicated to advancing the interests of commercial entities, governments, communities and individuals through timely, cost-efficient and private dispute resolution.
About RGNUL, Punjab
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab, was established by the State Legislature of Punjab by passing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab Act, (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006). The Act incorporated a University of Law of national stature in Punjab, thereby fulfilling the need for a Centre of Excellence in legal education in the modern era of globalization and liberalization.
About CADR, RGNUL PUNJAB
The Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR) at RGNUL has been established to promote students’ and researchers’ interest in Alternative Dispute Resolution constituting of dispute resolution methods like Arbitration, Negotiation, Mediation and Conciliation and it aims to promote and develop ADR as a vehicle for socioeconomic and political justice. The ultimate objective of the Centre is to strengthen the ADR mechanism in the country by emerging as a platform for students to further their interest in the field. A strong team of teachers and students is working towards achieving this end..
Opening of Registration – 07 May 2022
Last date to submit the Final Draft (submit here CLICK HERE) – 25 May 2022
Tentative Declaration of Results- 25 June 2022
In order to participate in the Competition, participants must submit a final draft which must be between 1500 and 2500 words, on the themes mentioned below.The entries will then be reviewed by the Editorial Board, which will declare the results in consultation with the Australian Disputes Centre. Co-Authorship is allowed (2 authors maximum)Citation Format: Bluebook (21st Edn.).
Top 3 rankers to be provided with an opportunity to intern (online) with the Australian Disputes Centre, Sydney for a period of 6 weeks.Top 10 entries will be considered for publication on the CADR website under the category of ‘Honorable Mention.’Certificate of Merit to top 3 entries under various themes.Participation Certificates (Digital) to all the participants.
(The list is non-exhaustive in nature; students are free to choose any other allied topic related to the broad themes of Investment or Commercial Arbitration):
Investment Arbitration Commercial Arbitral Awards as Investments in Investment Treaty Arbitrations.
State-Owned Enterprises as Claimants in Investment Treaty Arbitrations.
Participation of Amicus Curiae in Investment Treaty Arbitrations:
Ability to raise extra-jurisdictional issues vis-à-vis public interest
Commercial ArbitrationDomestic Commercial ArbitrationUnilateral Appointment of Arbitrators: Party Autonomy v. Equity
Challenges to unilateral appointments after active participation in proceedings
Hybridization of the UNCITRAL rules into practical institutional models and the road ahead.
International Commercial ArbitrationDispute Resolution Clauses as Practices and Usages: An analysis in the context of the CISG and the Unidroit Principles of International Commercial Contracts.
The intersection of CISG and Arbitration Agreements: A holistic understanding
Should the law of Seat be preferred over CISG for the formation of arbitration agreements?
Conflicts between Arbitration Statutes and CISG
For any queries, please email us at [email protected] or contact the following individuals.
Kabir Chaturvedi – +91 9148905381
Ms. Ananya Singh – +91 9013306090
Mr. Jotsaroop Singh – +91 9958854523
- 9th Professor V.S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition by Seedling School of Law and Governance, Jaipur National University: Register by Jan 17!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- 2023 NHRC-RGNUL Human Rights National Moot Court Competition: Register by Jan 20!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Jobs – 30th Dec 2022
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.