About National Commission for Women
The National Commission for Women has been set up as a statutory body in terms of the National Commission for Women Act, 1990 (Act No. 20 of 1990) to further review the Constitutional and Legal safeguards available to women, recommend remedial measures to remove impediments in realizing such goals, facilitate redressal of grievances and advise the Government on all policy matters affecting women. The Commission also organizes workshops/consultations, constitutes expert committees, undertakes studies/make recommendations for economic empowerment of women, conducts workshops/seminars for gender awareness and takes up publicity campaign awareness in the society against such social evils.
About the Opportunity
The National Commission for Women has, with a view to effectively disseminate knowledge/information on women related issues and build a pool of trained manpower, decided to engage interns in the National Commission for Women with immediate effect. Accordingly it has been decided to offer following categories of internship:
Scheme A: Unpaid Internship for a period not less than 30 days for 1st year students of 3 year LLB Course or 3rd year student of 5 year LLB Course/Post Graduate in Sociology/Social Work 1st year
Scheme B: Paid Internship for a period of 60 days.
Students of the second year of 3-year LLB Course/4th / 5th year BA LLB/BBA LLB/ B.Sc LLB Courses/2nd year Post Graduate Sociology/Social Work/ Gender Issue/ Women studies/Gender studies/Students of LLM/ M.Phil/Ph.D/Ph.D Scholars
Stipend: Rs 10,000 per month
With a view to enabling students to apply for internships, an online application proforma has been made available on the portal of the National Commission for Women viz. CLICK HERE.
Students desirous of interning with the NCW may upload their applications in the prescribed proforma indicating dates for the calendar year 2022 when they would like to intern with the Commission. A letter of recommendation from the Head of the Institution/Authorised Signatory may also be uploaded. Efforts will be made to accommodate students closer to the dates indicated by them and, in case, it is not possible to do so, alternative dates will be offered. Each intern will need to maintain a diary of the work done by them on each day of internship in the Commission. All interns will also be required to sign a declaration regarding the confidentiality of information/documents that will come to their knowledge.
The interns will be selected on the following basis:
Scheme A: First come first serve basis subject to fulfilling the eligibility requirements
Scheme B: 50% weightage for the percentage obtained during last two years and 50% weightage for the quality of the ‘Statement of Purpose’ uploaded as part of the proforma.
|The maximum number of interns to be engaged at any point of time, under both schemes will be decided by the Competent Authority, National Commission for Women. It is clarified that no honorarium will be paid in cases where the interns work for less than 60 days.|
Important dates :
Internship Duration 01/01/2022 to 31/12/2022
- 9th Professor V.S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition by Seedling School of Law and Governance, Jaipur National University: Register by Jan 17!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- 2023 NHRC-RGNUL Human Rights National Moot Court Competition: Register by Jan 20!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Jobs – 30th Dec 2022
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
For more Internship Opportunities: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.