Himmat helps survivors of sexual harassment on college campuses.
Legally, there must be an Internal Committee [“IC”] present in every University to adjudge cases of sexual harassment. Our objective is to help students know their rights and assist survivors.
About the competition
Himmat, in collaboration with Khaitan & Co, is conducting an essay competition on ‘Anti-Sexual Harassment Law. The essay competition will be followed by a Round Table Discussion on 6th August on the same topics where we will announce the winners. The competition is based on the field of anti-sexual harassment law in India with the aim of giving students the chance to demonstrate their research abilities, thinking, and drafting abilities in a concise and well-connected manner. The topics for the competition are as follows:
• The overlap of Anti-Sexual Harassment Law and advancements in Technology
• Analysing the Inclusion of Queer Identities in Indian Anti-Sexual Harassment Law
• Tracing the Recognition of the Disabled Community in Anti-Sexual Harassment Law: A Cross-Jurisdictional Analysis First prize: 7000/- and an internship opportunity with Khaitan & Co. Second prize: 5000/- Third prize: 3000/-
Rules and Regulations
1. Registration starts on 20th June 2022
2. Participants are required to choose one of the three topics and are required to submit an original essay on the same. Plagiarised essays will automatically be disqualified.
3. The word limit is 2000-3000 words, excluding footnotes.
4. Any citation standard can be used, however it must be uniform.
5. The essay should be formatted with font size 12 and 1.15 line spacing. Ideally the font style should be Garamond.
6. All submission have to be sent in by 11:59 p.m, 20th July 2022 and emailed to [email protected]
No entries will be entertained beyond the submission deadline. The competition will be followed by a panel discussion where partners from the firm and other luminaries will engage in a meaningful discussion about the topics and other connected issues and announce the prize winners on 6th August, 2022, conducted offline and streamed live from the NUJS Campus.
For Registration, Please Click Here
- Call for Papers | International Seminar on Environmental Law & Policy by AGISS Research Institute & MVN University: Submit Abstract by Oct 14!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Bajaj Allianz, Pune: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AMRG & Associates, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply by Sep 30!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Office of a Sitting Judge at the Delhi High Court: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at the Law Office of Aishwarye Dubey, Mumbai: Apply by Oct 10!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at Verdictum: Apply Now!
- 1st Legislation Drafting Competition by GNLU Centre for Research in Criminal Justice Science: Submit by Nov 30!
- 2nd Training Programme on International Maritime Law by Gujarat Maritime University in association with Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University: Oct 3-9!
- Conference on ‘Mediation: A Suggested Resolution, A Forced Compromise or an Amicable Settlement?’ by WDE- World Disputes Ecosystem: Sept 29!
- Legal Conclave on, ‘Indianisation of Legal System and Education’ by Law Faculty of Delhi University: Sept 29/30!
- Webinar series on ” MEDIATION IN ACTION- Process and Techniques” by ACADR, Alliance University: Sept 26!
- Call for Papers | Interdisciplinary National Conference by BIHER: Submit by Sep 26!
- Call for Applications | Junior Lawyer at Independent Thought, Greater Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Thomas George and Associates, Hyderabad: Apply Now!
- 12th Padma Vibhushan N.A. Palkhivala Memorial National Moot Court (Virtual) Competition 2022 by MNLU Mumbai: Register by Oct 31!
- 12th Checkmate National Moot Court Competition 2022 by Army Institute of Law: Register by Sep 30!
- 2nd Annual Lex Fiesta 2022 by CLS GIBS: Register by Nov 1!
- Call for Blogs | Nirma University, Centre for Intellectual Property Rights’ IP Blog: No Fees, Submit Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.