Here you will find legal jobs primarily based in India. We update this list daily. To see legal jobs that we posted yesterday and before, click here and scroll. If you are a recruiter, click here to send us your job vacancy.
Note for job seekers: Here is a list of what we do not do:
- We do not manage applications for these legal jobs.
- We do not monitor deadlines, which means that vacancies posted a few days ago might have been closed.
Legal Jobs – Aug 09 2022
Associate, Hemant Sahai Associates, Mumbai (PQE 1+ Years)
Only those candidates with prior law firm work experience may apply.
Legal Officers,IndianOil Corp. ,Pan India (PQE 2-5 Years)
To fuel its future growth, Indian Oil is looking for experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated Law Officers with bright academic record and rich experience to join the Organization in following positions:
Position Grade Pay Scale Vacancy
Senior Law Officer A1 Rs.60000 – 180000 9
Law Officer A2 Rs.50000 – 160000 9
For more info, Read the official notification here.
Manager – Legal (Contract Management),PhonePe,Bangalore (PQE 6 months)
PhonePe is India’s leading digital payments platform with over 280 million registered users. Using PhonePe, users can send and receive money, recharge mobile, DTH, data cards, pay at stores, make utility payments, buy gold, and make investments. PhonePe went live for customers in August 2016 and was the first non-banking UPI app and offered money transfer to individuals and merchants, recharges and bill payments to begin with. In 2017, PhonePe forayed into financial services with the launch of digital gold, providing users with a safe and convenient option to buy 24-karat gold securely on its platform. PhonePe has since launched Mutual Funds and Insurance products like tax-saving funds, liquid funds, international travel insurance, Corona Care, a dedicated insurance product for the COVID-19 pandemic among others.
PhonePe launched its Switch platform in 2018, and today its customers can place orders on over 300 apps including Ola, Myntra, IRCTC, Goibibo, RedBus, Oyo etc. directly from within the PhonePe mobile app. PhonePe is accepted at over 18 million merchant outlets across 500 cities nationally.
At PhonePe, we take extra care to make sure you give your best at work, Everyday! And creating the right environment for you is just one of the things we do. We empower people and trust them to do the right thing. Here, you own your work from start to finish, right from day one. Being enthusiastic about tech is a big part of being at PhonePe. If you like building technology that impacts millions, ideating with some of the best minds in the country and executing on your dreams with purpose and speed, join us!
i. To contribute towards developing best in class contract management function which, while
servicing the internal business and control stakeholders in contracts, legal documents, terms
and conditions etc, is also able to insulate the business from all risks.
ii. Implement technology enabled tools and experience-based initiatives to make the contracting
process automated, efficient, and effective.
1. Description of KRAs
i. Standardisation of templates while prescribing negotiable and non-negotiable clauses basis
risk categorisation and type of contracts.
ii. Set up an efficient drafting and review process of contracts and other legal documents for
various business lines including payments, technology, merchants, product specific like
insurance, mutual funds, coupons etc.
iii. Lead contractual negotiations and closure independently.
i. Develop commercial understanding of the business and each product line for risk assessment
including what is mandatorily required under various regulations for financial services
products like insurance and mutual funds.
ii. Provide expert & strategic legal advice on various aspects of business to management on
optimising the contracting process, stamping, e-sign, repository access etc.
iii. Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action as the
business is large, has PAN India operations and offices, ability to anticipate issues and estimate
risks, identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks.
i. Communications with relevant counter parties / external counsels for contract finalisation.
ii. Systematise the contracting process, TAT expectations, repository and retrieval process.
iii. Establish an auditable and robust process for renewals and monitoring of key requirements of
iv. Deployment of technology-based solutions and tools to make the end to end contracting
process efficient, effective and best in class as to quality of drafting and risk mitigation.
v. Keep abreast of legislative change & maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
to continue to improve contract versions.
2. Min Qualification
i. LL. B/ LLM.
ii. Minimum 6 years post-qualification experience.
iii. Have strong drafting and communication skills.
Senior Legal Counsel- IPR, Airtel, New Delhi (PQE 8-12 Years)
Career opportunity in Legal Team – Senior Legal Counsel.
Job Description: Responsible for managing and securing Intellectual Properties and related affairs for the Bharti Group Companies.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Securing IPs of the Bharti Group Companies by obtaining appropriate registrations, including qua Trademarks and Patents, within and outside India; and, taking appropriate action against infringement thereof.
- Managing the IP portfolio of the Bharti Group Companies and securing renewals of registrations etc., in time.
- Advising various arms of the business of the Bharti Group in all matters concerning IPs by collaborating with various teams including engineering, brands, marketing, growth marketing, SCM, product etc., as well as challenges.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements related to IP as per the requirements put forth by the relevant business verticals of the Bharti Group.
- Management of litigation related to IPs/ IP Laws and/or such matters as are specifically assigned.
- Obtaining and managing the domains portfolio of the Bharti Group Companies – monitoring infringements and taking appropriate action.
- Assisting the teams in strategizing and dealing with infringements, including cease and desist notices, negotiating coexistence or settlements, oppositions, cancellation actions, filing civil suits, and/or criminal complaints.
- Management of IP Policy of the Co., and conducting knowledge sharing sessions with relevant business verticals to create awareness about IPs, their application, ambit and related issues.
- Monitoring the Trademark portfolio of other Bharti group companies in jurisdictions such as United States of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and South East Asia.
Qualifications and Experience required: Lawyer holding LL.B (Professional) Degree, with 8-12 years PQE in handling IPRs as in-house counsel and/or as part of law firm preferably in telecom, entertainment, media and digital/IT domain. Must also have good drafting, communication and presentation skills, and must be prepared to work in a fast paced environment.
Assistant Manager – Legal,CarDekho, Gurugram (PQE 3-5 Years)
Assistant Manager – Legal
The candidate will be a part of the Legal team at leading InsureTech startup company, working closely with internal business teams. The candidate will be responsible for providing commercial/transactional support, working independently on assigned projects, and collaboratively with other team members. The candidate is expected to be proficient in drafting, reviewing, redlining, negotiating, close various contracts and other transactional documents, as well as to conduct general commercial & legal research, and prepare commercial documents & correspondence, in compliance with relevant and applicable laws, rules & regulations. Prior insurance industry experience will be an added advantage.
· Assist in formulation and modification of templates for general transactions in accordance with the business needs.
· Maintain playbook for all assigned templates with various scenarios, including best and fallback positions.
· Reviewing contracts and other legal documents against established standards and negotiating acceptable changes, working from templates while ensuring that such agreements and legal documents are aligned with Outsourcing Directions, risk management guidelines, Data Privacy Laws, Data Localization Notifications/Directions, Insurance laws, FDI Policy, and other laws as applicable.
· Converting business ideas into legal constructs most suitable for the commercial needs of the organization and expanding the constructs into comprehensive contracts keeping in mind commercial and legal risks.
· Reviewing and redlining contracts and other transactional documents received from other parties and aligning the same with the organization’s objectives
· Facilitate escalation of unresolved issues. Identify and consult on legal risks connected with the development of new products.
· Remain updated with the latest developments in the areas applicable to Insuretech and prepare notes for various stakeholders for matters which have material bearing on legal documentation/contracts.
· Maintain contractual records and documentation, such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, contractual changes, status reports, and other documents.
· Help in the implementation of digital tools for contract and compliance management
Competencies / Skills:
· Ability to understand the business requirements and interpret client’s contracts & find solutions to complex legal issues, and efficiently draft and negotiate the fundamental business terms
· Ability to work well in a high-pressure environment and within very tight timelines
· Must be a highly motivated self-starter and able to function independently in a “hands-on” environment
· Excellent analytical and organizational skills
· Manage multiple stakeholders and conflicting priorities
The candidate must:
· Be a law graduate, i.e., LL.B. (LL.M. is a plus) from a recognized university.
· Have 03 -5 years of total post-qualification experience, with specialisation in the InsureTech/Fin-tech/ financial services industry and/or law firms focusing on clients from InsureTech/Fin-tech/ financial services industry.
· Be experienced in performing legal research and writing advisories to different stakeholders.
· Possess excellent documenting, recording, and project management abilities.
· Used to working in a fast-paced environment for a fast-growing company.
Associate Corporate Counsel,Amazon, Bengaluru (PQE 6+ Years)
Amazon’s Legal Department is looking for a talented Associate Corporate to support its rapidly growing and evolving operations businesses in India. Lawyers at Amazon are trusted members of the business. Our work is intellectually challenging, exciting and fast-paced. Developing innovative solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily job. Like everyone at Amazon, we are passionate about our customers.
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will need to research on workplace health and safety (WHS) laws, requirement for unique products like drugs, medical equipments, legal metrology and environment and sustainability laws and develop and implement robust compliance mechanism (including working on tools and trainings) to ensure compliances and dealing with day-to-day issues arising therefrom. You will also advise on diverse licenses and permit applications and will be instrumental in driving functional/ internal audit related to these compliances. This position requires in-depth legal research into a variety of complex laws, regulations and advising legal and business teams on your findings and proposed actions. This will involve providing written legal guidance and independent counselling of business teams and training them on recurring aspects.
A day in the life
This position will be based in Bangalore. Some travel, including international travel, will be required.
About the team
The Associate Corporate Counsel will report into Sr. Corporate Counsel. In this role, you will work closely with global legal teams and external counsels.
• 6+ years of prior work experience in a professional setting with a degree in law
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to understand and manage a large number and variety of issues
• Experience in dealing with broad range of product compliance issues, including all laws and regulations relating to product compliance
• Willingness to review a wide range of products from both legal and cultural standpoints in order. to make recommendations about whether they should be offered on websites in India
• Prior work experience with a law firm, corporate legal department
• Prior experience in regulatory compliance especially license and permits
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical and computer skills
Legal Executive,Sonata Software, Bengaluru (PQE 1+ Years)
About the job
Education qualifications: LLB
Experience: 1+ Years
– Drafting, reviewing, and negotiations for MSAs, RFPs, and other strategic alliance agreements with partners. This candidate should have experience in negotiations with customers and partners on a variety of technology-centric contracts.
– Collaborative and agile in their approach to work. Management of internal and external clients is expected.
– Experience in review and negotiations for potential M&A opportunities with prospects
– Understand and comply with the Sonata Contract management process
– To have a keen interest in working on big data projects and other compliance initiatives. Experience in handling GDPR projects is preferred.
– Assist other team members in managing work queues.
– Articulate and have a good command of English and drafting
– Experience in using MS word (review, track changes, comment, document compare, versioning, etc) and Adobe acrobat
– Candidates with relevant experience in the IT industry is preferred.
Legal Counsel,Quantiphi, Bengaluru (PQE 3-5 Years)
Quantiphi is an award-winning Applied AI and Big Data software and services company, driven by a deep desire to solve transformational problems at the heart of businesses. Our signature approach combines groundbreaking machine-learning research with disciplined cloud and data-engineering practices to create breakthrough impact at unprecedented speed.
Role: Legal Counsel
Experience Level: 3-5 years
Work location: Bengaluru
• Draft, review and negotiate Professional Services Subcontractor Agreement, Master Services Agreement, Statement of Work, Non- Disclosure Agreement, Managed Service Agreements, Reseller Agreement, POCs and other business/client agreements for varied regions(APAC, USA, EMEA).
• Create/update contract language and templates as required by business or client.
• Lead coordination with stakeholders and build trust with the stakeholder.
• Collaborate with and provide guidance to various teams on queries relating to business/ client agreements (including identify and mitigate legal risks).
• Manage post execution compliance, and assist on other legal matters as the need be.
• Prepare deck/ppt on top revenue generating clients to help and educate stakeholders on the criticalities agreed in the contract.
• Coordinate responses from Consulting, Sales, Engineering, Operations, Procurement and other relevant departments to prepare for final agreement.
• Provide well researched opinions to stakeholders, Leads, Legal Head, with regard to queries; using tools such as PracLaw and Westlaw.
• Minimum 3 years of contract drafting and negotiation experience, preferably with technology / IT MNCs; in-house counsel role in an IT company or a reputed law firm.
• Experience in working in a global organisation with a cross- cultural environment will be an added advantage.
• Law Degree from a reputable and recognized university.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficient in English language.
• Clear understanding of basic legal concepts and strong desire to learn/ adapt new skills.
• Collaborative approach, self- starter attitude, flexibility and high integrity with demonstrated track record of building relationships across teams and time zones.
• The ability to prioritize tasks, work in a fast- paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to do legal research and deep dive into matters.
The position will be involved in the development of new capabilities and value-added services and will require a high level of creativity, personal drive and subject matter expertise and therefore will offer significant growth opportunities.
To view jobs posted on previous days, click here
Join our WhatsApp group to get notified of these jobs immediately.