About the Don’t Hate, Freedom of Speech and Expression Debate
Don’t Hate, Debate! is the 1st Freedom of Speech & Expression National Multilingual Online Debate Competition for Law Students. It is being organized by students of Faculty of Law, University of Delhi to celebrate freedom of speech and expression in India.
The competition is aimed at inculcating a healthy debate culture amongst law students and prepares them to defend what they truly believe in. The topic for the first debate is – Modi or No to Modi? – focusing on the leadership and effectiveness of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The competition will be judged by a panel of eminent jury members which includes Additional Solicitor General of India – Mr. Vikramjit Banerjee, Additional Standing Counsel of Delhi Govt. – Mr. Sanjoy Ghose, Leading Advocates practicing at the Supreme Court of India – Miss Avani Bansal and Mr. Raghav Awasthi among others.
- The event is open to all law students of India studying in 3 years and 5 years LLB courses.
- Students shall submit a photograph of their college Identity Cards at the time of registration failing which they shall not be eligible.
- Language is no bar for the event provided that at least 10 registrations are received in every language.
- The organizers reserve the right to refuse the registration of participants on a linguistic basis for logistical reasons or otherwise. However, the organizers will try their best to accept participation in all Indian languages.
- Winner, Runner Up & Second Runner Up.
- Best Debater in Each Elimination Round
The last date for online registration is 3rd May 2020. The link for online registration is HERE.
Note: There is no registration fee.
- Semi-Final & Final Round: 9th May 2020 ( Live Streaming)
- Quarter-Final & Pre quarter Final: 8th May 2020 (Live Streaming)
- Last date for sending video Entries: 6th May 2020
- Last Date of Registration: 3rd May 2020
Mr. Vedansh Pandey: 07827845287
Mr. Jayesh Pandey: 08881470009