About the Institute
MIT-World Peace University (MIT-WPU), Pune is known to be among the top education institutions in India, and the Faculty of Law is dedicated to imparting legal education with a sense of responsibility towards the society to the students who are interested to pursue their careers in the legal field.
About the Competition
MIT-WPU Faculty of Law cordially invites your college to participate in their 1st National Virtual Moot Court Competition which is going to be held on 8th and 9th August 2020. This competition intends to allow young law students to develop their skills in drafting, researching and advocating.
The moot problem is based on constitutional law and provides an excellent opportunity for all the law students to use their time wisely, despite the adversity in the country.
Topic: Constitutional Law
The competition will be organized on an online platform i.e., google meet because of the consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Registration fees is Rs. 1,000/-
- The Registration Fee must be paid by all the teams and the copy of such transaction must be uploaded with the Google form. The section for the same has been created in the forms.
- The last date for the payment is 14th July 2020.
Interested candidates can register through this page.
- Winning Team Award: Rs. 5,000
- Runners-up Award: Rs. 3,000
- Best Advocate: Rs. 2,000
- Best Memorial: Rs. 2,000
- Certificate of participation shall be awarded to all the participants irrespective of whether they are in top 20.
- Certificate of Merit shall be awarded to the Winners, Runners-up, Best Advocate, and Best Memorial
- Register by: 14th July 2020
- Submissions of Memorial: 30th July 2020
- Declaration of the teams going for the oral rounds: 3rd August 2020
- Exchange of Memorial: 7th August 2020
- Preliminary Rounds I & II: 8th August 2020
- Semi-finals round: 9th August 2020
- Final Round: conducted on 9th August 2020
- Official Email ID: law[at]mitwpu.edu.in (MIT-WPU)
- Professor Aarti A. Tayde (faculty co-ordinator): +91-9923988131 (MIT-WPU)
- Shyam Sunder (Student Convenor): +91-7417973799
- Pranjali Mehta ((Student-Co-convener): +91-9413749722
- Behnaz Nanavati (Secretary): +91-9975499754