Registrations are cordially invited for the 12th Checkmate National Moot Court Competition 2022, scheduled to be held from 25th – 27th November 2022.
About Army Institute of Law
The Army Institute of Law (AIL) was established in July 1999 by the Indian Army under the aegis of the Army Welfare Education Society (AWES) at its interim location at Patiala. In July 2003, the Institute shifted to Sector 68, Mohali. On December 1, 2003, the Mohali Campus was inaugurated by H.E. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, the then President of India.
The Institute is affiliated to the Punjabi University, Patiala and approved by the Bar Council of India. With ‘Aspire & Achieve’ as its motto, the Institute has grown as a Centre of Excellence in the field of legal education. The Institute is accredited grade ‘B’ by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). AIL has a magnificent residential campus in an impressive architectural structure in the vicinity of Chandigarh and Punjab & Haryana High Court. It conducts a five year BA.LLB and a one year LL.M course.
About the Moot
The Army Institute of Law, as a part of its endeavours of providing and facilitating its support to the student community of the Country takes immense pleasure in announcing the 12th edition of its National Moot Court Competition, “Checkmate 2022”. This year the rounds are to be held in physical mode from 25th – 27th November 2022.
• The teams will be registered on a first-come-first-serve basis with a cap of 32 teams for this edition of the competition.
• The teams can provisionally register themselves by sending a mail at [email protected] by 30th September 2022
• Once the provisional registration is confirmed, the Registration Fee: Rs 1000/- (non-refundable) for each participating team, is to be submitted by 7th October 2022 through online transaction by clicking on the link:
For furtherance, the Octa Final teams have to pay the Registration Fee: Rs. 3500/- (non-refundable) by 11th November 2022 by clicking on the previous link.
NOTE: The teams shortlisted for physical rounds shall make their own arrangements for transport and accommodation.
• Deadline for Provisional Registration: 30th September 2022
• Deadline for submission of the Registration form and the fee: 7th October 2022
• Deadline for submission of Memorials (Soft Copy): 31st October 2022
• Declaration of result of the Memorial submission rounds: 7th November 2022
• Physical Rounds (for 12 shortlisted Teams): 25th-27th November 2022
• Octa finals: 25th November 2022
• Quarter finals: 26th November 2022
• Semi-finals: 26th November 2022
• Finals: 27th November 2022
Best Team: Rs. 24,000/-
Runner Up: Rs. 20,000/-
Best Memorial: Rs. 12,000/-
2nd Best Memorial: Rs. 7,000/-
Best Speaker: Rs. 7,000/-
2nd Best Speaker Rs 5,000/-
Note: All the Participants (Memorial and Oral Rounds) will get participation certificates after the competition.
For further clarifications or queries, you may contact the undersigned Organizing Committee members or else can contact them through e-mail at: [email protected]
Mr. Shiekhar Panwar: +91 9027362326
Mr. Devyang Bahri: 07986784257
- For the rules and moot prop of the competition, click here
- Call for Papers | International Seminar on Environmental Law & Policy by AGISS Research Institute & MVN University: Submit Abstract by Oct 14!
- 1st Legislation Drafting Competition by GNLU Centre for Research in Criminal Justice Science: Submit by Nov 30!
- 2nd Training Programme on International Maritime Law by Gujarat Maritime University in association with Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University: Oct 3-9!
- Conference on ‘Mediation: A Suggested Resolution, A Forced Compromise or an Amicable Settlement?’ by WDE- World Disputes Ecosystem: Sept 29!
- Legal Conclave on, ‘Indianisation of Legal System and Education’ by Law Faculty of Delhi University: Sept 29/30!
- Webinar series on ” MEDIATION IN ACTION- Process and Techniques” by ACADR, Alliance University: Sept 26!
- Call for Papers | Interdisciplinary National Conference by BIHER: Submit by Sep 26!
- 12th Padma Vibhushan N.A. Palkhivala Memorial National Moot Court (Virtual) Competition 2022 by MNLU Mumbai: Register by Oct 31!
- 12th Checkmate National Moot Court Competition 2022 by Army Institute of Law: Register by Sep 30!
- 2nd Annual Lex Fiesta 2022 by CLS GIBS: Register by Nov 1!
- Call for Blogs | Nirma University, Centre for Intellectual Property Rights’ IP Blog: No Fees, Submit Now!
- National Seminar on “The Role of Fast track special courts in the state of Tamilnadu” by VIT School of Law X NCW Delhi: Oct 07!
- CLEA-MGCL Moot Court Competition 2022: Register by Oct 1!
- Call for Paper | Lloydian Volume 8 Issue 2 (2022), Issue II International Student Law Review Of LLOYD Law College: Submit by Dec 15!
- Lex Omnia Moot Court Competition by MNLU Mumbai & BITS-GOA: Register by Sept 30!
- 3rd HPNLU National Moot Court Competition in association with NHRC [October 28 – 30, 2022]: Register Now!
- CALL FOR BLOGS by USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- Certificate Course on International Humanitarian Law by CASH RGNUL: Register by Sep 26!
- One Day National Conference on ‘Right to Information: Law, Policy and Governance’ by RGNUL: Register by Oct 08 (Extended)
- Call for Papers | Volume 9 Issue 1 of the RSRR Journal, RGNUL: Submit by Nov 13!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.