Registrations are cordially invited for the 12th Checkmate National Moot Court Competition 2022, scheduled to be held from 25th – 27th November 2022.
About Army Institute of Law
The Army Institute of Law (AIL) was established in July 1999 by the Indian Army under the aegis of the Army Welfare Education Society (AWES) at its interim location at Patiala. In July 2003, the Institute shifted to Sector 68, Mohali. On December 1, 2003, the Mohali Campus was inaugurated by H.E. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, the then President of India.
The Institute is affiliated to the Punjabi University, Patiala and approved by the Bar Council of India. With ‘Aspire & Achieve’ as its motto, the Institute has grown as a Centre of Excellence in the field of legal education. The Institute is accredited grade ‘B’ by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). AIL has a magnificent residential campus in an impressive architectural structure in the vicinity of Chandigarh and Punjab & Haryana High Court. It conducts a five year BA.LLB and a one year LL.M course.
About the Moot
The Army Institute of Law, as a part of its endeavours of providing and facilitating its support to the student community of the Country takes immense pleasure in announcing the 12th edition of its National Moot Court Competition, “Checkmate 2022”. This year the rounds are to be held in physical mode from 25th – 27th November 2022.
• The teams will be registered on a first-come-first-serve basis with a cap of 32 teams for this edition of the competition.
• The teams can provisionally register themselves by sending a mail at [email protected] by 30th September 2022
• Once the provisional registration is confirmed, the Registration Fee: Rs 1000/- (non-refundable) for each participating team, is to be submitted by 7th October 2022 through online transaction by clicking on the link:
For furtherance, the Octa Final teams have to pay the Registration Fee: Rs. 3500/- (non-refundable) by 11th November 2022 by clicking on the previous link.
NOTE: The teams shortlisted for physical rounds shall make their own arrangements for transport and accommodation.
• Deadline for Provisional Registration: 30th September 2022
• Deadline for submission of the Registration form and the fee: 7th October 2022
• Deadline for submission of Memorials (Soft Copy): 31st October 2022
• Declaration of result of the Memorial submission rounds: 7th November 2022
• Physical Rounds (for 12 shortlisted Teams): 25th-27th November 2022
• Octa finals: 25th November 2022
• Quarter finals: 26th November 2022
• Semi-finals: 26th November 2022
• Finals: 27th November 2022
Best Team: Rs. 24,000/-
Runner Up: Rs. 20,000/-
Best Memorial: Rs. 12,000/-
2nd Best Memorial: Rs. 7,000/-
Best Speaker: Rs. 7,000/-
2nd Best Speaker Rs 5,000/-
Note: All the Participants (Memorial and Oral Rounds) will get participation certificates after the competition.
For further clarifications or queries, you may contact the undersigned Organizing Committee members or else can contact them through e-mail at: [email protected]
Mr. Shiekhar Panwar: +91 9027362326
Mr. Devyang Bahri: 07986784257
- For the rules and moot prop of the competition, click here
- 9th Professor V.S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition by Seedling School of Law and Governance, Jaipur National University: Register by Jan 17!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- 2023 NHRC-RGNUL Human Rights National Moot Court Competition: Register by Jan 20!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Dec 30!
- 18th National Moot Court Competition KSHAN 2023 by Raisoni Law College: Register by Jan 15!
- CfP | Indraprastha Law Review, Vol. III Issue II (ISSN No. 2583-5653): Submit by Jan 30!
- 5th Shri. Hashuji Advani Memorial National Moot Court Competition 2022-23 by VES College of Law: Register by Dec 25!
- 6th International Conference on Economic Analysis of Law, Governance and Public Policy [18th-19th March 2023] by GNLU: Submit by Jan 15!
- CoP | National Seminar on Menstrual Health Management by RMLNLU[Mar 17-18]: Submit Abstract by Jan 25!
- 7th National Moot on Constitutional Law by Law College Dehradun [Feb 24-26; Prizes Worth Rs. 1 L]: Register Now!
- Guest Lecture on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Emerging Trends and Road Map for the future by, Manipal Law School, Bangalore: Dec 14
- Call for Submissions for Issue 41, Lex Terra (ISSN: 2455-0965) by CELAR, NLUJAA: Submit by Jan 30!
- Moot Court Competition by DNLU in association with NHRC [Feb 10-12, 2023; Prizes worth Rs.1.3 lakhs]: Register by Dec 18!
- Call for Papers | MNLUA Journal For Dispute Resolution by MNLU-A: Submit by Jan 19!
- Call for Papers | Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law Journal (DSNLJ) by DSNLU: Submit by Dec 22!
- Call for Blogs | RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog | Apply Now!
- 5th Surana & Surana and UILS National Moot Court Competition: Register by Dec 30!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.