“Kourtology” which refers to “the study of courts” aims at providing budding lawyers with a platform to learn the practical insights to working of a court.
Model Trial Court Competition
With the help of “Model Trial Virtual Court Competition” Kourtology brings a new method for law students to get an in-depth knowledge on how the courts proceedings transpire. It aims to provide law students with the opportunity to draft pleadings similar to what is filed in actual courts. Similarly, it gives an opportunity to students to present their cases as they are presented before a court. Given the situation during the on-going pandemic, the functioning of the courts had a paradigm shift, introducing the concepts of E-courts, which is another prospect that Model Trial Virtual Court Competition desires to fulfill. (Kourtology)
The aim is to bring forward the idea of practical learning while creating an environment of professionalism and maintaining the court etiquettes. In short, the aim is to unleash the lawyer within you.
- All students pursuing a 3 year or a 5 year LLB course or an LLM course from a recognized law school, university or institution in India shall be eligible to participate.
- Each participating team shall have a maximum of two (2) members and both shall be
eligible to be speakers / researchers etc.
- Date of the competition: 3rd to 5th August 2020
- Registration Fee: INR 100 per participant
- Technical Requirements: High Speed Net Connection.
- Best Team: Rs.2000
- 1st Runner-up: Rs.1000
- Best Speaker: Rs.1000
- 1st Runner-up Speaker: Rs.500
- Best drafted pleading: Rs.1000
- First runner up best pleading: Rs.500
Registration and Payment Details
Enrollment Process: Paytm the registration fee and then fill out the Google form (link below) and attach the screenshot of the payment.
Google form link: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Paytm number: 8860068888
- Commencement of Online Registration: 29th June, 2020
- Release of Problem: 3rd July 2020
- Last date of registration & submission of petition: 20th July 2020
- OC to send copy of petition to participants for preparation of reply: 21st July 2020
- Last date for seeking clarification: 24th July 2020
- Last date of submission for reply to petition: 26th July 2020
- Shortlisting of teams: 1st August 2020
- Preliminary round for oral hearing: 3rd August 2020
- Quarter Final & Semi-Final rounds for oral hearings: 4th August 2020
- Final round for oral hearings & Valedictory ceremony: 5th August 2020
For more details contact us at:
Email: [email protected]