About Centre for Social Justice
Centre for Social Justice is a socio-legal, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) initiated by the Institute for Development Education and Learning (IDEAL) in 1993. CSJ is one of the first organizations of its kind in India that uses the judicial system to fight for the rights of marginalized people.
About the YPPLE
The Young Professionals Programme for Legal Empowerment (YPPLE) was started by the Centre for Social Justice (CSJ) in 2014 with the objective of equipping young legal professionals to become powerful change agents by giving them the opportunity to develop a holistic understanding of how legal empowerment at the grassroots play a catalytic role in bringing social change.
- A group of young legal professionals will be placed for a minimum period of one year in the field where CSJ is implementing its interventions.
- A learning/ performance road map will be developed jointly with the selected candidates.
- Each individual will spend a substantial duration in the field areas and the remaining time will be dedicated towards research and writing, reflections, inputs, and capacity building.
- The Programme is open to young law graduates/legal professionals who wish to pursue a career in the field of human rights as lawyers, practitioners, researchers, or academics.
- Willingness to engage with field realities, to live in challenging conditions, and to travel extensively, are things every candidate must be willing to do.
- Candidates must, above all, display a strong drive, motivation, and commitment towards working for social change.
- Conduct field-based research on law and policy issues for formulating interventions and creating policy documents.
- Coordinate training and capacity building programs and develop training materials.
- Supervise data collection for research programs/projects.
- Collaborate/coordinate programs with stakeholders including representations with various government authorities.
- Contribute to the advocacy work of the organization.
- Organize events to initiate public debate on issues.
- Bring in creative approaches and perspectives to the existing work of the organization.
- A stipend of Rs. 30,000 per month will be paid to the selected candidates.
- Accommodation is provided.
Please Note: The Programme is designed as a two-year engagement. At the end of the mandatory one-year commitment, candidates would have the option to either continue working with CSJ or opt-out.
- Candidates interested in applying for the Programme must submit an online application with the following attachments.
- A Statement of Purpose detailing their motivations and reasons for applying to the programme.
- Candidates must also clearly specify their areas of interests and expectations from the Organizations (1000 words)
- An updated CV.
- 2 Writing samples.
Please attach the documents in this google form.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted further for a short interview followed by a two day selection process at the office in Ahmedabad.
- The final selected candidates will be invited for a one-month probation period.
- Based on an appraisal of their performance during this month, the organization will confirm the selection of the candidates into the programme.
15th February, 2021
For any queries, contact ypple.csj[at]gmail.com
Official Brochure: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.