Call for Papers: International Conference (8th Virtual) on Recent Trends in Human Rights and Changing Facets of Religious Freedom [August 7th]: Submit Abstract by June 25th
About the Organization
The Kerala Law Academy Law College (KLA), established in 1966 is a Centre for legal studies, legal research and law reforms. Its acclaimed peer-reviewed Research Journal has been published continuously since 1977. The College, affiliated to the University of Kerala, offers Undergraduate programs in BA LL.B. and B. Com LL.B. five-year integrated courses, LLB Unitary three-year course and Post-Graduate courses of LL.M (Administrative Law), LL.M (International Law) and MBL (Master of Business Law). Its sister concern, CALSAR offers a Research Program in Law (PhD).
About the Conference
Kerala Law Academy Law College in association with Centre for Advanced Legal Studies and
Research (CALSAR) is organizing a One Day International Conference on Recent Trends in Human Rights and Changing Facets of Religious Freedom, via virtual mode on 7th August, 2021 from the Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The Conference is conducted through online platforms ZOOM and GOOGLE MEET. All the participants should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform.
Prof. Jeeva Niriella, Department of Public and International Law Faculty of Law, University of Colombo as our Chief Guest of this International Conference.
Call for Papers
The Organizing Committee is calling for Research Articles from Law Students, Academicians, Lawyers, Social Workers, Policy Makers, and Officials from various Departments- Representatives from Institutions and Professionals; NGO, Social Activists, Social Science Researchers and Faculty and Research Scholars. The Research Articles received would be published in Proceedings with ISBN.
This conference will attempt to explore the origin, development and purpose of the religious law or discipline considered essential in each religion of the world. The purpose of the conference is to discuss ways in which these religious laws have been re-interpreted and adapted to enhance human freedom. The conference will also discuss certain issues raised by secular society about the meaning and application of religious law. It also probes the major human rights issues that confront religious individuals and communities around the world today, and the main challenges that the world’s religions will pose to the human rights regime in the future.
Moreover it provides a premier interdisciplinary platform for researchers, practitioners and educators to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, and concerns as well as practical challenges encountered and solutions adopted in the fields of Secularism and Human Rights
Law, Freedom and Religion
1. The origin and development of religious law
2. The need and purpose of religious law today
3. Modern circumstances require a fresh interpretation of religious law
4. The contribution of religious law in a secular world
5. Spirituality and obedience to religious law
6. Loyalty to the tradition yet flexibility with regard to the law
7. Respect for religious law leads to social justice
8. The lack of consideration for religious law in the modern world
Secularism and Human Rights
1. History and development of secularism.
2. Secularism and respect for religion
3. Secularism and human rights
4. Secularism in the modern world
4. The crisis of secularism
5. Secularism and non-religion
6. Secularism and religious extremism
7. Secularism, religion, humanitarianism
8. State secularism
9. Secular society
10. Secular ethics
11. Secular organizations
12. Secularism and International Bill of Rights
Secularism in the Indian context
1. Secularism and Uniform Civil Code
2. Secularism, Lifestyle and Food Habits
3. Secularism and Conversion.
4. Judicial Response on Secularism.
5. Secularism and Equality before Law & Equal Protection
6. Secularism and Personal Laws
Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any topic related to the above mentioned theme.
Kindly send the abstract on or before 25th June 2021 by e-mail to: [email protected]
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- Kindly confine yourself to the areas identifiable with the title of Conference. The papers must be in Times New Roman, Font Size: Heading-14, Text-12 in A4 format, single line spacing, in justify not exceeding 2500 words including Title, details of the Author/s and Footnotes. Authors are encouraged to use The Bluebook (20th ed.) citation format for footnoting and it should be in Times New Roman Font 10 size. Further, speaking footnotes are discouraged.
- An Abstract not exceeding 250 words shall be submitted for consideration. The Abstract shall contain the Synopsis of the Paper, Subtitles, Reference materials and Conclusion indicating author’s perspective. The abstract must be mailed to [email protected] on or before 20th May 2021. It must be accompanied by a cover page, stating the following:
Title of the paper; Sub-Theme; Name of Author(s); Name of Institute/
Organization; Official Designation; E-mail Address; Postal Address;
- The Submission should be in WORD FORMAT.
- All footnotes must adhere to 20th edition of Bluebook standards and must be styled using the footnote option in word
- Borders, underlines or other design objects must not be included in the paper
- References need not be mentioned at the end of a paper and must be included within footnotes
- Precedents may be in Italics but not bold
- All sub headings must be left aligned, in bold
- The Papers shall be screened by a Committee. The Full Papers (2500 words) approved by the Committee shall be accepted for presentation in the Conference. The intimation of selection will be made through E-mail.
- The final paper should contain a cover page which includes Name, Designation, Relevant Discipline and Year of Study, Address, E-mail id and Contact number. Authors are to give details in the Full Paper..
- Abstracts and papers should be written in English, and the working language of the Conference will be English, and presentations shall be done in English.
- Submissions should be made by the author who will attend the Conference.
- Co-Authorship is allowed but limited to one Co-Author only.
- Only one paper per participant will be permitted. Multiple submissions will lead to disqualification.
- No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication. Any form of Plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- The Organizers will take earnest effort to publish the best articles selected from among those received, subject to their acceptance by reputed journals as per their criteria.
Publishing Charges if any demanded for the journal is to be paid by the author.
Submission of Abstracts: 25th June, 2021
Communication of Abstract Acceptance: 27th June, 2021
Submission of Full paper: 28th July, 2021
Intimation of Full paper Acceptance: 30th July, 2021
Date of payment of Registration fee: 2nd August, 2021
International Conference: 7th August, 2021
There is a Registration fee of Rs.750/- per participant (Additional fee of Rs.250/- should be paid in the case of maximum one Co-Author).
The Participant’s intending to participate must register on or before 28th June, 2021 (28/06/2021) by submitting the duly filled pro forma provided in the Kerala Law Academy website (link) and making an online payment of Rs.750/-( In the case of coauthor Rs.1000/-) as the registration fee, through the online link provided in the Kerala Law Academy website (https://keralalawacademy.in/wp/).
All the Participants will be awarded with an E-certificate of presentation.
1. Mr. ARUN V UNNITHAN (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy) – 94463 48413
Faculty Co- Conveners
1. Dr. DAKSHINA SARASWATHY (General Secretary MCS and Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy) – 9744169215,
2. Mrs. RADHIKA R P (Assistant Professor , Kerala Law Academy)- 9656830914
3. Mrs. ARYA SUNIL PAUL (Assistant Professor , Kerala Law Academy) – 9495178906
AJAY Y – 9746525734
SRUTHI KANNAN – 8921194385
HRISHIKESH JAYASARMAN- 7025263839
ANANTHU R S-7907300938
ASHIQ MUHAMMAD M – 9567627006
ABHIRAMI S – 8921955648
For More details visit The Kerala Law Academy website (CLICK HERE)
- Call for Papers: Modern Studies in Property Law 2022 St John’s College, University of Oxford (29th -31st March 2022): Submit by Aug 31, 2021
- Call for Papers/Exhibition: Questions of Accountability – Prerogatives, Power and Politics; Submit Abstract by Aug 11, 2021
- Call for Papers – Financial Crime: Challenges and Responses by Institute of Advanced Legal Studies; Submit Abstract by June 16, 2021
- Call for Abstracts: Symposium on Gender, Peace, Education and International Law: Submit by June 18, 2021
For More Call for Papers: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.