About the Internship
The Lok Sabha Internship programme will provide an opportunity to the passionate learners in different fields about the procedural aspects of the working of the Indian Parliament specially Lok Sabha. The services of young academic talent with expertise in their area of study, well versed with the advanced technologies/software will be used for quality enhancement and
acceleration of various ongoing programs and research in the Secretariat.
Responsibilities of the Intern
- Creating a strong data base of all academic papers related to legislation and development,
- Develop Parliament related apps for increasing interface of Members of Parliament and their different data and work,
- Provide high-quality research and preparing analysis briefs of different legislations,
- Track important developments in important sectors and prepare notes for use by Members of Parliament, and write thematic briefs on important policy issues.
Further, the skills and abilities of the interns will be used for widening the scope and outreach of existing programs as well as introducing new programs for Members of Parliament, to adopt new technologies, methods and innovation.
The inducted interns will be engaged in different works of PRIDE* and preparing course material for fixed programs of PRIDE, giving logistic support to PRIDE, data analysis and updation of data for future use, analysing best practices in
different areas and preparing briefs, etc.
*PRIDE stands for Parliamentary Research and Training Institute for Demicracies (erstwhile BPST)
- Indian citizens between 18 to 25 years of age and
- Must have completed Graduation/Post graduation in any discipline such as social science and environment, International Relations, Law, Journalism, Finance, Management, Languages, etc from recognized Institutes in India or Abroad as on 9 June 2021.
- Preferred Experience: Work experience in any field viz., research, counseling, management, marketing, computers and related fields will be given preference.
- Other: the candidates who are pursuing professional courses and have passed 1st year of their 4/5 years professional course, may also apply for the Internship Programme.
Duration of the Internship
The selected candidates may opt for the duration of the Internship from 1 month to 11 months.
The Interns shall be paid an amount of Rs. 25,000/- per month during the Internship period.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may submit their application in the prescribed format (as in the official notification Annexure) on the email ID at email [email protected] or send a hard copy to PRIDE, Room No. G-083, Ground Floor, PLB, New Delhi with all relevant documents.
The selected candidates will be intimated by email. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
The last date for receipt of the application is 25 June 2021.
Official Notification: CLICK HERE
Honoring Pride Month, Kanooniyat is organising a National Amendment Writing Competition. Registrations close on 19th June, 2021. For details, click here.
- Internship Opportunity at The Office of Rajya Sabha MP Binoy Viswam: Apply by June 22, 2021
- Legal Internship Opportunity at KN Legal Associates, Mumbai: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lex Commerci: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity at MyAdvo.in: Apply Now
- Online Internship Opportunity at Law Care Legal Consultants LLP: Apply Now
- Research and Innovation intern at Teach for India, Hyderabad: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity at MNG Legal: Apply by June 10, 2021
For more internship opportunities: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.