About Singapore International Arbitration Centre
Since commencing operations in 1991 as an independent, not-for-profit organisation, SIAC has established a track record for providing best in class arbitration services to the global business community. SIAC arbitration awards have been enforced in many jurisdictions including Australia, China, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Thailand, UK, USA and Vietnam, amongst other New York Convention signatories. SIAC is a global arbitral institution providing cost-competitive and efficient case management services to parties from all over the world.
SIAC’s Board of Directors and its Court of Arbitration consists of eminent lawyers and professionals from all over the world.
The Board is responsible for overseeing SIAC’s operations, business strategy and development, as well as corporate governance matters.
The Court’s main functions include the appointment of arbitrators, as well as overall supervision of case administration at SIAC. SIAC has an experienced international panel of over 500 expert arbitrators from over 40 jurisdictions. Appointments are made on the basis of our specialist knowledge of an arbitrator’s expertise, experience, and track record. SIAC’s panel has over 100 experienced arbitrators in the areas of Energy, Engineering, Procurement and Construction from more than 25 jurisdictions.
The SIAC Rules provide a state-of-the-art procedural framework for efficient, expert and enforceable resolution of international disputes of all sizes and complexities involving parties from diverse legal systems and cultures.
SIAC’s full-time staff manage all the financial aspects of the arbitration, including:
• Regular rendering of accounts
• Collecting deposits towards the costs of arbitration
• Processing the Tribunal’s fees and expenses
SIAC supervises and monitors the progress of the case. SIAC’s scrutiny process enhances the enforceability of awards.
SIAC’s administration fees are highly competitive.
About the Opportunity
The Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) is pleased to announce that it is now accepting applications for the SIAC Virtual Internship Programme.
The programme will provide valuable insight into working at a leading global arbitral institution, albeit virtually, and will help you gain a better understanding of the role and function of the Secretariat.
Roles and Responsibilities
During your time with SIAC, you will have an opportunity to contribute to SIAC’s work, including assisting the Secretariat with research projects on various topics and writing arbitration related articles. You will also work on mock cases inspired by real-life SIAC cases, and receive feedback from the Secretariat. The internship programme is open to both local and overseas candidates.
This programme is being offered in a virtual format from Singapore. You are required to ensure that you have complied with your university’s / college’s policies and/or the relevant government regulations, if any, to undertake this virtual internship from your current country of residence and/or other relevant jurisdictions.
Duration of Internship
The internship will be for a fixed period of two months, on a part-time basis. You will contribute 10 hours of work each week unless otherwise agreed. Please indicate (as specifically as possible) your (i) period of availability; and (ii) preferred dates.
Term 1: 3 January 2022 – 30 June 2022
Term 2: 1 July 2022 – 31 December 2022
How to apply:
|(ii)||copies of your college/university and/or postgraduate transcripts;|
|(iii)||statement of interest describing your objectives and motivation in applying for the programme;|
|(iv)||a letter issued by your college/university confirming you are accepted to or enrolled with the college/university, and your participation in SIAC’s virtual internship programme does not violate the university’s policies and the relevant government regulations, if any, of your current country of residence and/or other relevant jurisdictions; and|
|(v)||letter(s) of reference and writing sample(s) (optional).|
Please email your application to: [email protected] with the reference [Virtual Internship Programme] in the e-mail subject heading of your application. Only successful candidates will be notified
For more info, Visit Here.
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Sidhu & Singh Law Offices, Ludhiana: Apply Now!
- Paid Legal Internship Opportunity at slotly.io, Bengaluru: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Upscale Legal, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Intern cum Associate at RSLO & Advocates, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Paid Legal Internship Opportunity at Kontract Genie, Hyderabad: Apply Now!
- Paid Legal Internship Opportunity at CFOCORP, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Juris & Juris, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at A&A Lawcorp LLP, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Paid Legal Internship Opportunity at Ochre India, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AMRG & Associates, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Perroayuda Welfare Foundation: Apply Now!
- Legal Content Writer (Paid) Opportunity at Mirza & Associates, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at BharatPe: Apply Now!
- Summer Placement Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at Reserve Bank of India 2021: Apply by Dec 6!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lawyered: Apply Now!
- Legal Research Internship Opportunity at Institute Of Legislative Drafting And Research, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at RG & Kumar LLP: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Remote Lawyer: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at BDS & CO, Kolkata: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Veritas: Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity at MSLGROUP India: Apply Now!
- [Internship] Call for Trainees for ‘Train and Engage’ by Sapphire & Sage Law Offices: Apply by September 16!
- Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Adv. Anupam Kishore Sinha: Apply Now!
- Research Internship Opportunity at Centre for Public Policy Research, Kochi: Apply Now!
For More Internship Opportunities: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.