IBC16’s Bi-Monthly Blog Writing Competition: 2nd Edition (July-August): Submit by September 10, 2021
About the Organization
IBC16 is a blog dedicated to the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016. It is an initiative started by the students of the Graduate Insolvency Program (Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs) in an attempt to contribute to India’s burgeoning restructuring community. We believe that a new profession under a new law deserves an appropriately fresh and modern platform.
About the Competition
We are trying to introduce a bottom-up approach to the scholarship on judicial decisions. The IBC judgments from the higher judiciary tend to attract most of the media and scholarly attention, and for good reason. But we believe that a more rigorous examination of the NCLT and NCLAT decisions could pre-emptively highlight tricky legal areas.
Therefore, IBC16 invites submissions from students for blog posts exclusively covering the NCLT and NCLAT orders/judgments from the months of July and August 2021. The authors are encouraged to explore topical theme(s) in insolvency law, through novel analysis of the judgment(s)/order(s) chosen.
Section X, IBC16’s judgment search portal, has got your case law research covered – the only place online where you can find and download any NCLT/NCLAT judgment — with just a click.
You can read the winning entry from the first edition here.
Who is Eligible?
Students enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral program in any law school, legal professional training school, or executive programmes (CA, CS etcetera) are eligible to participate in this competition.
NO PARTICIPATION FEES WILL BE CHARGED
Guidelines for Submission.
The following guidelines should be adhered to by the participants:
- The manuscript should be original and unpublished.
- Co-authorship of up to two authors is allowed. Participants can only enter one entry.
- The word limit of the submission is 1500-2000 words.
- Submission should be made in a Word document; font: Garamond, size 12 and justified.
- Title: bold; headings: underlined; sub-headings: italicized.
- All sources should be incorporated in the main body of the manuscript through hyperlinks.
- In case the source is not available online, the source should be cited as an endnote.
- The endnotes should comply with a recognized citation standard of the author’s choosing (Garamond, size 10).
- The manuscript should not contain any identification of the author(s).
- IBC16 shall have the right to publish any of the entries received, with or without editing, if required.
- The blog, once submitted to us for this competition, should not be submitted to any other competition and/or for any other purposes. Post-declaration of results, entries which have not been shortlisted will be free to pursue publication in other platforms, unless otherwise specified.
The participants will be internally evaluated on the basis of the following criteria: –
- Knowledge of the subject. : 20 marks
- Relevance of the judgement/order chosen. : 10 marks
- July or August [Non adherence would invite disqualification]
- Development of the theme(s). : 20 marks
- Structure and clarity of expression. : 20 marks
- Contribution to the discussion. : 30 marks
- Utility of arguments 
- Identification of judicial trends 
- Analysis backed by sources 
The shortlisted entries will be evaluated by a panel of industry experts, they will be looking for the submissions that:
· Tackle new questions of law
· Spot judicial trends
· Incorporate cross-domain analysis
The top three entries will be considered for publication on IBC16, in addition to receiving:
First Prize of Rs. 3250/-
Second Prize of Rs. 1750/-
Third Prize of Rs. 1000/-
You can submit your entries here till 2359 hrs on 10 September 2021. Results will be declared by 1 October 2021 (tentatively).
International business law work is soaring right now. Post pandemic, E-commerce companies, startups and large corporations have been growing at an incredible pace.
Learn how in 5 years, you can take your career to a new high in the international market by joining this FREE 3-day bootcamp on “Career in International Business Law”, August 14-16, 2021, 6-9 p.m. Indian Standard Time. Click here.
- 7th International Conference on Law and Economics, 2021 by TNNLU: Submit by August 20
- Samvaad: The Discussion Forum Presents Moderated discussion on “LDAR 2021: Pushing development or Destroying heritage?”: July 29, 2021
- Webinar on “Divorce under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955” by Lawtsapp: August 01, 2021
- Legal Leaders 2021 by Reuters Events: October 19-20, 2021 (Register Now)
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.