1st National Mediation Competition, 2021 by HPNLU: Register by September 03, 2021
About the Competition
Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla (HPNLU) has always been passionate about fostering ADR culture in its law students and has considered ADR mechanisms as important methods of dispute resolution. In order to foster and contribute to the overall growth of ADR in the country, the University has established the Centre for Alternative Dispute Redressal and Professional Skills (CADR & PS) to train the students in this area.
The aim of the Centre is to provide a platform for interaction between professionals in the field and the students. With Mediation gaining traction in recent times as a preferred means of ADR, HPNLU, Shimla through its Centre for ADR and Professional Skills is organising its Maiden National Mediation Competition” in association with Indian Institute of Arbitration and Mediation, New Delhi and Nani Palkhivala Arbitration Centre, CHennai and SCC and EBC as our exclusive knowledge partners.
The competition will aim to provide a platform that reflects the ever-growing expectation of clients to utilise other cost-effective ADR mechanisms to trial. It is an ideal platform to test the theory in practice by allowing the participants to represent all parties in the mediation process i.e., the client, the mediation counsel and the mediator.
First National Mediation Competition is a step taken by the Centre for ADR and Professional Skills, HPNLU, Shimla towards acting as facilitator in increasing the ADR Culture among aspiring students.
DETAILS ABOUT THE NATIONAL MEDIATION COMPETITION
The Competition is open to every student pursuing either five years or three-year course in law from various Schools/ Colleges/ Universities recognized by the Bar Council of India.
For the purpose of eligible students, it is hereby clarified that all the students in one team shall belong to one institution only.
B. TEAM COMPOSITION
Each team shall comprise 3 students- one mediator, one client and one counsel. The roles of the students shall remain the same throughout the rounds.
- Provisional registration will be opened for all eligible institutes. Out of which thirty-two (32) teams will be selected for the competition. Selection will be based on the screening process of each team individually.
- The participants/institutes are required to complete the “Provisional Registration” only through the Google Form link annexed below which shall be done on or before September 5th, 2021.
- The final list of teams (along with the waiting team list) will be released by September 7th, 2021.
- The “Final Registration” shall be considered to be completed only after the participants make the payment of the registration fees which shall be done on or before September 10th, 2020.
- Final registration details will be released to participants individually via e-mail, only after the provisional registration process is completed.
- Registration Amount – Rs. 2500/- per team.
Link for the Provisional Registration “CLICK HERE“
For further details, refer “Brochure for National Mediation Competition”.
For any query or clarification, write to us at [email protected]
Mr. Akshat Trivedi (Coordinator) – +91 7317648319
Ms. Saloni Paliwal (Coordinator) – +91 6265671886
International business law work is soaring right now. Post pandemic, E-commerce companies, startups and large corporations have been growing at an incredible pace.
Learn how in 5 years, you can take your career to a new high in the international market by joining this FREE 3-day bootcamp on “Career in International Business Law”, August 14-16, 2021, 6-9 p.m. Indian Standard Time. Click here.
- 7th International Conference on Law and Economics, 2021 by TNNLU: Submit by August 20
- Samvaad: The Discussion Forum Presents Moderated discussion on “LDAR 2021: Pushing development or Destroying heritage?”: July 29, 2021
- Webinar on “Divorce under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955” by Lawtsapp: August 01, 2021
- Legal Leaders 2021 by Reuters Events: October 19-20, 2021 (Register Now)
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.