About Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR)
The Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR) has been constituted under the Commission for Protection of Child Rights (CPCR) Act, 2005. It is the statutory watchdog of the Government of Delhi on matters of child rights. Some of the child rights the Commission works are:
- protection of children from exploitation, abuse, labour, trafficking, and
- Protection of children from sexual offences;
- Protection of children from child marriage;
- Right to Education;
- Right to Health with emphasis on the pregnancy care, infant care,
immunisation, protection against malnutrition, etc;
- Protection of rights of children with special needs;
- Protection of children from substance abuse;
- Enforcement of legal protections for children in case they commit offences
and the necessary safeguards associated therein;
- Right to play;
There are different divisions within the Commission for monitoring the implementation
of these rights, reviewing safeguards, inquiring into violations and advising the
government on policy formulation and amendments. Each of these divisions is mapped
to corresponding departments of the government and is headed by a Member, a State
Government Secretary level position. There are 6 Members who all report to the
About the Internship Opportunity
Delhi Commission For Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR) strongly believes in harnessing the power of our youngsters and takes measures to engage with them by means of their involvement in public service. We believe this is the only way a nation can develop rooted in ideals of justice, and basic dignity for all.
Therefore, the Commission offers internships across divisions and themes to youngsters. Interns typically support the Commission in background research, field visits, data analytics, preparing policy briefs/summaries, drafting letters/notices/summons, preparing minutes of the meetings, and documentation-related support including social media amongst others. Full-time interns are provided with a modest stipend in addition to official travel-related reimbursements.
The interns report to and work closely with the officials of the Commissions. The officers posted in the Commission are called Members of the Commission. It is Principal Secretary, Government of Delhi equivalent post (Note: Principal Secretary is the highest-ranking officer in any department of the government). Depending upon the work, interns may report to Consultants/Sr Consultants/ Members/ Secretary/
Currently, the Commission offers 36 positions of internships. Please note that the application is on a rolling basis. Interns perform on or more of the following functions:
- Conduct background research on different issues involving children such as
violence and abuse, child labour, education, health & nutrition, etc.
- Conduct field visits to anganwadis, schools, children homes to collect facts and
prepare background reports. They also assist inspection teams.
- Prepare background policy briefs on different issues related to children
- Handle social media for the Commission in a manner prescribed
- Assist in the project management and their logistics including but not limited to
different interventions, rescue operations, on-site awareness activities, training
- Draft notices/summons/legal briefs as may be assigned
- Engage in teaching, learning and extra-curricular activities, if assigned to work in
- Assist the Commission in resolving different grievances raised by citizens.
- Any other task that the Commission deems appropriate.
- Commitment to public service;
- Good communication skills (Both, hindi and english)
- Work ethics and high integrity;
- Basic humility to work in teams and setting;
- Basic levels of proficiency in English (writing, reading);
- Microsoft office (Excel, Powerpoint and Word);
- Background (either academic or work experience) in law, policy, social
work, education, counseling;
- Prior experience of working for public cause as part of volunteering
The Chairperson and Members of DCPCR will supervise all interns, however, the day to day supervision would be done by the consultants at the Commission.
How to Apply
Apply by filling this form.
LawSikho is organising a 3-day free Bootcamp on How to make a career in Mergers, Acquisition and Investment Law from 11th to 13th September between 6-9 pm IST.
You will get a step-by-step guide to become an M&A lawyer and learn about crucial skills like how to do due diligence for corporate transactions, how to draft a Shareholders Agreement and many more.
Click here to register: https://bit.ly/3h6jWjb
- Legal Internship Opportunity at State Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission, New Delhi: Apply by 13 September!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Adv. Anuj Tiwari, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lawfinity Solutions, Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SDRJ Records Industries P. Ltd, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Paid Legal Internship Opportunity at Simon & Josephine, Panchkula, Haryana: Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity at LiveLaw, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship 2022: Apply by October 29, 2021
- Teach For India 2022-2024 Fellowship Program: Apply by September 19
- Internship Opportunity at NITI Aayog: Apply by September 10, 2021
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) Internship Programme: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Mindspright Legal, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Global Policy Research Foundation, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Shraff Legal, Kolkata: Apply Now!
For More Internship Opportunities: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.