About Azim Premji Foundation
Azim Premji Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation that has been working since 2000 with the elementary education system in rural government schools.
The Foundation began by implementing various programmes to improve educational quality across the country. By 2010 however, it became clear that working on a “project” mode was inadequate and it takes continuous effort over many decades for any deep-rooted change to happen. This can only be achieved by establishing “institutions” which are embedded in the local context and can collaborate with local government structures. Thus the idea of setting up District Institutes in field locations came into being.
The Foundation has also set up demonstration schools in Barmer, Bengaluru, Dhamtari, Kalaburgi, Sirohi, Tonk, Uttarkashi and Udham Singh Nagar and Yadgir to provide quality free education to the local community, at costs and constraints similar to that of rural government schools.
Today, the Foundation with 1700+ employees has field institutes in 48+ districts across 6 states and 1 union territory (Karnataka, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Telangana and Puducherry).
Azim Premji Foundation includes these Operating Units:
- Field Institutes, our network of District Institutes and affiliated Schools that currently work to improve public education system in India;
- Philanthropy, the grants organization, so far referred to as Azim Premji Philanthropy that provides financial support through multi-year grants to not-for-profit organizations (NPOs) who serve the most vulnerable in our society
- University in Bengaluru, set up in 2010, to run teaching programs and conduct research to contribute to the social sector in India, and to be an exemplar higher education institution – with inclusion and quality
About Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship
The Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship is an opportunity for working professionals from diverse fields, who are looking for meaningful ways to contribute to social change.
The Fellowship journey, as experienced by many, is a rich amalgamation of learning about the public education system in our country, contributing on the ground as well as building a career
in the social sector.
During the programme, Fellows will get an immersive experience of the real India, with in-depth learning about education, and an opportunity to contribute to a just, equitable, humane and sustainable society
If you are doing exceptional work in your current field and are now looking for meaningful ways to contribute to social change, do read our further criteria below and apply.
- 4 to 10 years of work experience
- A degree in any discipline
- Proficiency in English and any one of the local languages (Hindi, Kannada)
- Applicants need to be below 35 years of age
- Willing to travel within the district and ready to be posted in the districts we work in
Stage I – Online Application
- Applications for the Fellowship Programme 2022 will close on 29th October 2021
- On submitting the online application form and uploading of CV (jpg/pdf/word <10 MB), you will receive an email with Login credentials and a website link to a ‘Candidate Portal’.
Stage II – Screening
- Once the application form is filled an email intimation is send to your registered email id which will ask you to fill in few more details in the candidate portal.
- After the detailed application form is received, your application will be evaluated.
- If your application is shortlisted post this evaluation, you will be invited for the written test.
- In case your application is not shortlisted at this stage, you will receive an email intimation.
Stage III – Written Test
- Post evaluation, if shortlisted, you receive an admit card (online) to appear for the written test.
- You will be scheduled for a digital test on the first or second week of November’21.
- If you are shortlisted from the digital test you will be asked to submit a Statement of Purpose (SOP). An email asking for a SOP with a deadline will be sent to you.
- On receiving your SoP, we will schedule the first round of interview with you.
Stage IV – Presentation and Interviews
- The personal interviews will be held in the second/third week of December 2021.
- During the first-round interview, you will be required to make a 10-15 minute presentation to the interview panel on any social issue that concerns you the most. You can use Chart Paper/PPT or any other medium that you are most comfortable with to make the presentation. We will also discuss your field observation experiences.
- Candidates who clear the first round of interview will go to the final round of interview.
Stage V – Announcing of Final shortlists and Offer
- We will communicate a final shortlist of Fellows within 15 days after completion of the interview process. The result will be communicated through email.
- The offer process will take 2 weeks post announcement of the shortlist.
- On successful completion of the process, you will receive an offer letter through email and the hardcopy at the time of joining.
- Candidates selected for the Fellowship will have to revert with offer acceptance within one week of receiving the offer through return mail. They have to notify their existing employer about their Fellowship acceptance decision.
- The date of joining will be third week of March 2022.
Please provide a valid email id and contact number while applying and ensure that you keep checking your emails regularly. All communication will be over email.
Click here for official Notification.
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Adv. Rahul Gupta, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Chief Minister’s Young Professionals for Development Programme [Research Associates & Advisors], Madhya Pradesh: Apply by September 13, 2021
- Internship Opportunity at NITI Aayog: Apply by September 10, 2021
- Teach For India 2022-2024 Fellowship Program: Apply by September 19
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Legaloids Law Offices, Noida: Apply Now!
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) Internship Programme: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Mindspright Legal, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Global Policy Research Foundation, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Shraff Legal, Kolkata: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Parashar Law Chambers: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Mandla & Singh Law Chambers: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Dave and Associates: Apply Now!
For More Internship Opportunities: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.