Here you will find legal jobs primarily based in India. We update this list daily. To see legal jobs that we posted yesterday and before, click here and scroll. If you are a recruiter, click here to send us your job vacancy through WhatsApp.
Note for job seekers: Here is a list of what we do not do:
- We do not manage applications for these legal jobs.
- We do not monitor deadlines, which means that vacancies posted a few days ago might have been closed.
Legal Jobs – Oct 4 , 2021
Research Assistant, Chamber of Milind Ghosh, Uttarakhand
I require 2 Research Assistants based out of Uttarakhand for a research project I am undertaking about the State. Work will be six days a week from an office I will be setting up in Dehradun. The engagement will be contractual for 7 months with a monthly reimbursement of Rs 35,000. The assistant might have to travel also to a few places for which the out pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
The candidate must be proficient in writing in both english and hindi.
How to Apply
People from any background can apply but journalists will be preferred. Applications can be sent to [email protected].
Associate,EY, Gurugram(PQE-0-2 Years)
Your key responsibilities
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating consulting agreements, non-disclosure agreements, master services agreement, terms and amendments for customers, vendors and third parties located all around the world (including Data Processing Agreements; Data transfer Agreement and other mandatory Data Protection and Personal Data Protection clauses of the GT&C);
- Conducting Privacy Impact Assessment for proposed technology deployment and reviewing Global PIA documents to provide feedback basis local law requirements (if any);
- Guiding the relevant internal stakeholders data privacy, safeguarding of data related queries;
- Drafts, manages, distributes, responds to, or analyses RFIs, RFPs, RFQs or customer terms & conditions as needed.
- Interact with multiple stakeholders (including internal and external) in relation to legal matter
- Review contract terms and conditions to verify that they are in compliance with the organisation’s policies and all applicable laws
- Performing additional legal related tasks such as performing legal research, legal analysis and certain litigation support activities (as may be required).
- Prepare contractual agreements using current research methods and knowledge of internal stakeholder’s needs and ability to fulfill its requirements;
- Collaborate with the legal team consisting of lawyers, paralegals, and office staff;
- Clearly explain contract principles and terminology to clients and other interested parties in simple, everyday language;
- ability to manage multiple priorities, work efficiently under pressure and consistently meet tight deadlines;
- fluent in verbal and written English; and
- immediate joining
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor of laws from a reputed institution
- Minimum 0-2 years of post-qualification experience
How to Apply
Associate,Saga Legal,New Delhi (PQE- 3-5 years)
We are growing our Corporate Team and are now looking for an Associate for our Firm having 3-5 years of post qualification experience in General Corporate Advisory and Transactions.
apply directly on our website www.sagalegal.in
Lawyers,Touchstone Partners, Mumbai ( PQE- 2 – 6 Years)
Touchstone Partners is looking to hire lawyers with a PQE of 2 – 6 years in the Mumbai office to work on private equity, structured credit and buy-out transactions.
About the work:
We primarily deal in high-stakes private equity, structured credit and buyout transactions for leading offshore investment funds and sovereign wealth funds.
What are we looking for?
1. ability to examine situations and structures unconventionally
2. ability to apply the law and question established standards; take a fresh look
3. confidence to front face client meetings and transactions; punch much above their weight
4. Keenness to understand and be closely involved in all issues surrounding the transaction, such as cross border tax, governance, conflict resolution, intellectual property etc.
5. Superior execution skills; agility to work in a fast paced work environment
6. Keenness to research and write; close to about 30% time will be spent on research and policy advocacy
What’s on the offer:
1. Engagement in high-stake private equity, public equities and buy-out deals representing sophisticated international clientele
2. Exponential compensation for exponential performers
3. Mentorship, and coaching in a completely non-hierarchical setup
4. Culture driven by sheer excitement for law, humour, humility, gratitude and the warmth of a family
Location: One BKC, Mumbai
How to Apply
Please send in your applications to [email protected]
Associate, Sirius Legal,Mumbai (PQE 1-3 Years)
We are looking for a young, dynamic and motivated lawyer based in Mumbai having PQE of 1-3 years to join our office as an Associate. Sirius Legal, being a new-age law office with interesting plans for the future, is particularly looking for lawyers who see a long-term future with the office, and wish to climb the ladder of success and grow along with the office.
While litigation experience (particularly before Bombay HC, NCLT, DRT) is preferred, lawyers having work experience in general corporate teams may also apply. The Associate will work closely with Mr. Mayank Samuel, Advocate (Founder, Sirius Legal) on litigation, corporate and transactional matters. For more information about who we are and what we do, you can see our LinkedIn page as well as our website. Remuneration will be as per the merit of the candidate, and will be discussed during telephonic interviews/in-person meetings.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may send their CV, along with a short statement of purpose (not exceeding 500 words) explaining their professional interests & goals, their reasons for applying for the position and their suitability for the position, to [email protected]. Please note that we will consider only such applications which fit the above criteria and are accompanied by the aforesaid statement of purpose.
Legal Associate,Verist Law,Mumbai (PQE-2-3 Years)
We are looking for senior associates with significant transactional experience for our M&A and capital markets growth.
Market-level compensation (whatever that means) and above-market worklife balance.
Our clientele includes some of the most well-known names in their areas (with strong in-house teams)- as well as high-growth start-ups with varied business models. Often: both.
Verist Law has been around for 6 years and we were all earlier at other large law firms.
Email your CV to [email protected]
IP Associate,Brainiac IP Solutions, Pune (PQE 1-2 Years)
Position: IP Associate-Trademark & Copyright
Role: Handling trademark and copyright matters, Drafting agreements, Reviewing documents, Preparing documents for the filing.
Experience: 1-2 Yrs.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can email the resume at [email protected]
Legal Counsel,Garrett – Advancing Motion,Pune, (PQE- 10 Years)
- Be the principle point of contact for Garrett’s global Procurement Organization; draft, review & negotiate commercial contracts with global & local suppliers; support the global procurement function with day-to-day legal issues, including commercial projects and contracts, securing supply continuation, insolvencies, contract enforcement, etc; draft & conduct legal trainings for the global procurement function.
- Be the first point of contact to support Garrett’s CoV/software business on various commercial contracts and day-to-day legal issues, and support the General Counsel – APAC on other legal matters with a focus on India local business and corporate legal matters
- Drive maintenance & updating of standard contract templates; draft, foster, implement & revise global internal processes. Support general legal matters; support contract archiving; support induction of new international legal resources & take mentoring role; support ad-hoc legal issues.
Law degree from a leading law school in India or other HGR urisdiction.
- At least 10 years of post qualification experience with a major law firm and/ or corporation
- In depth automotive industry understanding, in particular in automotive software area, and in house legal experience is a must
Key Skill :-
- Specialized in automotive industry with strong experience in automotive software and commercial contracts;
- Superior contract negotiation skills and the stamina to drive difficult international supplier negotiations to a successful end;
- Fluency & drafting ability in English;
- Basic understanding of international anti-trust rules & regulations;
- A proactive and enthusiastic attitude with strong interpersonal skills, process improvement focus and a desire to enhance the business’ transactional oversight and contract excellence initiatives; (6) Strong business acumen along with a strong internal customer/ business partner focus; (7) Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, work independently under general instructions, and take the initiative when required within a high volume, fast paced transactional practice; (8) Ability to function as a member of virtual & culturally diverse team; (9) Focus on problem solving and developing creative solutions; (10) Open minded character with strong intercultural competence.
How to Apply
Assistant Manager Legal,Beacon Trusteeship Limited,Mumbai (PQE-2 Years)
We are looking for a Asst. Manager / Manager / Senior Manager- Legal with LLB/LLM to Manage the Legal drafting, vetting for Debenture Trustee Agreements and Deeds
Desired Candidate Profile
- LLB/ LLM Qualified (Company Secretary Degree will be an added advantage)
- Minimum 2yrs of Legal Documentation and Vetting
- Strong legal documentation and vetting skills
- Ready to travel daily and work from office at Bandra, Mumbai
1. Drafting & Vetting of documents for various kinds of Secured / Unsecured Borrowings of Corporate clients.
2. Drafting /reviewing all the legal documentation involved in the trusteeship transactions
3. Monitoring of charged securities and ensure compliance of financial covenants from time to time
4. Advise corporates on various regulatory compliance
5. Compliance with SEBI Debenture Trustee Regulations and related Laws.
6. Protecting investors’ right and lenders’ interest
7. Resolving clients legal queries
8. Providing inputs to client on the documents and structuring
9. Ensure compliance with applicable regulations/statutory provisions for the deals assigned
10. Review of compliance with respect to listed debentures and prepare data for SEBI reporting
How to Apply
Legal Manager,HDFC Bank, Bengaluru(PQE 2-3 Years)
some good candidate for legal manager position with 2-3 years experience in Litigations and good knowledge of Sec138/Arbitration/SARFAESI/DRT matters
HOW TO APPLY
Share resume on [email protected]
Assistant Manager Legal,SPACE MATRIX DESIGN CONSULTANTS PRIVATE LIMITED, Bangalore ( PQE -N/A Years)
Space Matrix a leading global design and build firm has an urgent requirement for 2 legal resources.
Position 1 : 4-6 yrs PQE
Position 2 : 7-9 yrs PQE
The positions will be based in Bangalore
Job Description –
• Drafting & reviewing of agreements, specific to interior and architecture design Industry and interior build works and lease and other similar agreements, commercial contracts, purchase orders etc.
• Overseeing Litigations, preparing legal notices, claim statement, defence/counters, replies, letters, pleadings as required , coordination with external counsels.
• Drafting & reviewing of share purchase and shareholder’s agreements, joint venture and other documents related to funding requirement, mergers and acquisitions including conducting due diligence.
• Research on various aspects related to design and build industry including compliances.
How to Apply
In-House Legal Counsel,Urban Platter,Mumbai (PQE- 5-8 Years)
We are looking for Legal Counsel who will be responsible to provide top-class legal and compliance support to the company.
Key Role: Providing guidance on industry-specific laws, practices and ensuring all compliances are met; Drafting, Vetting, Negotiating, Litigation and executing all commercial contracts and agreements across the commercial business and business development. Experience in MCA affairs, GST registration, FSSAI Licensing and Amendments is preferred.
- Evaluate the impact of evolving legal and statutory regulations on the company’s current and proposed investments, highlight the same and contribute to the business planning process
- Assist in the drafting of all transaction and contract-related documents from a legal perspective and ensure that the associated risks for the company are minimized; lead the litigation process if required in close coordination with the concerned function.
- Interface with advocates and solicitors on the behalf of the company to handle litigation, obtain legal advice and legal services
- Provide legal support in drafting and vetting of sale/purchase agreements, LOA, Lease / Leave license agreements, Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs), Joint Venture agreements, Shareholders agreements, employment agreements, Job arrangement letters with the consultants etc, as and when required
- Guide the company in the interpretation of laws regarding all aspects of business and corporate life including all regulations applicable to the business.
- Setting up systems to ensure compliance with statutory requirements through proper documentation and adherence to established processes.
- Identify external legal counsels and consultants for various jobs as and when required and liaison with them to actively support the company’s objectives and minimize the legal risks.
- Working closely with the internal Government Relations Department on Government relations matters; Partnering with other functions such as Product Regulatory, HR, Sales, Marketing, Distribution & R&D on specific legal issues;
- Handling fundraising activities which inter alia includes assisting in legal due diligence, negotiations over Share Holders Agreement, obtaining shareholders consents/waivers, re-classification and increase of authorized share capital and subsequent alteration of the Charter Documents, Issuance of shares through Rights Issue and Private Placement, Issuance of CCDs and NCDs, Creation and modification of charges, Appointment of Nominee Directors, Updating Minutes Book and Statutory Registers, Adhering to Conditions Precedent and Subsequent as per the Share Subscription Agreement. Have handled an acquisition transaction.
- Handling trademarks portfolio of the company. Also effectively defending third-party objections on trademarks and filing notices of opposition against third-party infringements.
- Coordination with Attorneys on various legal matters. Representing the Company in court and arbitration matters. Also coordinating with various statutory authorities for day-to-day matters.
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience with a reputable Law Firm or in the legal department of a large multinational corporation in the FMCG industry.
- Experience and proficiency in general commercial and litigation management.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and relationship building with stakeholder
- Good judgment & Integrity; Self-starter with a strong drive for results.
- Strong cohesive leadership skills and ability to drive projects forward to the conclusion.
- Aptitude to enthusiastically engage with colleagues and business partners to maintain appropriate ethical, legal and compliance standards.
- The ability to effectively and efficiently handle external counsel in the provision of legal services
- General understanding of Intellectual Property matters and issues
- A degree in law from a reputed University in India and/or abroad.
- Location – Mahim, Mumbai
Legal Manager,TalentSprint ,Hyderabad (PQE – 5 to 7 Years)
About the job Designation: Manager Legal & Secretarial Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer Location: Gachibowli, Hyderabad Overview: Providing legal advice and guidance and monitor compliance on various legal matters including Contract management and legal advisory support to business teams, management, etc Responsibilities: Contract Management: Negotiating, drafting and implementing a wide variety of complex, multi-party agreements and legal matters, facilitating legal initiatives and advising and assisting business teams with respect to legal negotiations, business decisions and operations. Legal risk and monitoring legal compliance: Assessing and evaluate legal risk including review and adequacy of insurance policies and monitor legal compliances of the Company, draft legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights. Litigation Management: Advising the company on the litigation risks of possible business decisions, providing preventive counselling with respect to the legal risks associated with business practices, and developing strategy with both inside and outside counsel in response to litigation inquiries. Advisory Affairs: Legally assist in drafting policies of the Company , identify and advise on legal issues that may have an impact on the Company and the group, provide guidance and legal support for addressing various legal issues business ramifications and assisting company in its representations to clients and industry bodies. Secretarial Compliance: Proficiency in Company law matters including complying with the requirements under the Company Law, scheduling board and General meetings, preparation of agenda and minutes of Board Meeting and Shareholders Meeting, maintaining Statutory Registers, Preparing and E-filing of Statutory Forms with Registrar of Companies, comply with the provisions of the Companies Act and to familiarize the management, if there is any change / violation of law. Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications: Eligibility: Law graduate with five 5-year Curriculum or post-graduate from a premium Law University and an Associate member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India Experience: Individual must possess a minimum of 5 to 7 years of post-qualification experience in independently handling legal affairs Good knowledge of the legal environment Good practical knowledge of handling Secretarial issues The individual should have the ability to lead and motivate groups and individuals Strong legal skills with ability to handle complex situations and tight deadlines Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
How to Apply
Legal Associate,CORDATUS LAW CHAMBERS LLP , New Delhi(PQE – 1+ Years)
I am looking to hire juniors at my law firm in New Delhi.
Applicants must be qualified lawyers (India) with a PQE of at least one year and should have exposure to arbitration proceedings as well as related court proceedings with strong drafting skills, and understanding of construction law, commercial law, and arbitration law (domestic and international).
Last date of receipt of application: 31.10.2021.
HOW TO APPLY:
Legal Counsel,Tide, Gurgaon(PQE – 7+ Years)
As a Legal Counsel, you will work on a wide variety of projects in commercial, corporate, marketing and intellectual property realms. We’re looking for a jack-of-all-trades who will be able to tackle new challenges while being a great partner to stakeholders across Tide.
Some Of The Things You’ll Be Doing
- Leading a number of legal initiatives in the commercial, corporate, marketing and intellectual property areas.
- Negotiating a variety of partnership and vendor agreements.
- Maintaining corporate governance.
- Working with outside counsel to upgrade our intellectual property portfolio.
- Helping out with marketing content review as needed.
- Designing and implementing scalable internal processes and procedures to ensure that we’re setting and exceeding internal stakeholder SLAs.
- Collaborating with many teams across the company to help achieve company-wide goals.
What You’ll Get In Return
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family insurance
- Life & Accidental insurance
- 25 days annual leaves
- Learning & Development budget
- Dental benefit
- Flexible working hours
You’ll Be a Great Fit If
- You have 7+ years of general legal experience, ideally at a Fintech company
- You are comfort with ambiguity.
- You have proven ability to juggle many projects at once.
- You have extreme attention to detail.
- You have excellent business judgment.
- You have experience communicating with cross-functional teams in a fast-growing company, preferably in fin-tech.
- You are passionate for providing above-and-beyond service to stakeholders.
- You have Law degree.
HOW TO APPLY:
Senior Legal Manager,Zilingo, Bengaluru(PQE – 7-10 Years)
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Lead a small team of legal experts across SEA and India
- 7-10 years of proven experience as a Legal Counsel in business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures in the SEA and India cluster
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills
- Degree in Law
HOW TO APPLY:
Corporate Legal Manager,PROTIUM, Bangalore(PQE – 7 Years)
To contribute towards developing best in contract management function which, while servicing the internal business and control stakeholders in contracts, legal documents, terms and conditions etc, is also able to insulate the business from all risks.
a. Key responsibilities for the role:
Exposure to a variety of contracts – Complex IT /software development, licensing, Structured deals, supplier, B2B and Fintech arrangements.
Overall good legal knowledge (corporate law, employment laws, business laws, data privacy practises, info sec standards, etc). Exposure on regulatory compliance is a good to have but not mandatory.
i. Drafting and Negotiating on Contracts, Reviewing the process of contracts and other legal documents including various agreement, Digital Payments Service Agreement, IT Contracts, Digital Solution Providers (e-stamping/e-signing/Video KYC/e-KYC) and other service level contracts.
ii. Lead contractual negotiations and closure independently.
iii. Standardisation of templates while prescribing negotiable and non-negotiable clauses basis risk categorisation and type of contracts.
iv. Develop commercial understanding of the business and each product line for risk assessment including what is mandatorily required under various regulations for financial services products.
ii. Provide expert & strategic legal advice on various aspects of business to management on optimising the contracting process, stamping, e-sign, repository access etc.
iii. Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action as the business has PAN India operations and offices, ability to anticipate issues and estimate risks, identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks.
iii. Advising on structured deals and B2B arrangements and Financial Institution Lending Contracts
i. Communications with relevant counter parties / external counsels for contract finalisation.
ii. Systematise the complete contracting process, TAT expectations.
iii.Keep abreast of legislative change & maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation to continue to improve contract versions.
c. Qualification :
ii. More than 7 years post-qualification experience
iii. Have strong drafting and communication skills
HOW TO APPLY:
LawSikho is organising a 3-day free Bootcamp on How to make a career in Mergers, Acquisition and Investment Law from 11th to 13th September between 6-9 pm IST.
You will get a step-by-step guide to become an M&A lawyer and learn about crucial skills like how to do due diligence for corporate transactions, how to draft a Shareholders Agreement and many more.
Click here to register: https://bit.ly/3h6jWjb
To view jobs posted on previous days, click here