ABOUT HPNLU, SHIMLA:
The Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla was established by an Act of the Himachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly in the year 2016 (Act 16 of 2016). In the four years of its foundation, HPNLU, Shimla has seen tremendous growth and has undertaken a good number of innovative measures to enhance the academic potential of its faculty members, students, and research scholars. Led by the visionary scholar of law, the Vice-Chancellor Professor (Dr.) Nishtha Jaswal, the University has been very proactive despite the spread of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the ensuing lockdown, HPNLU, Shimla has been at the forefront of using digital platforms to raise awareness about issues as far spread as Fundamental Duties, Reproductive Rights of Women, Human Rights and Access to Justice, etc.
ABOUT THE CENTRE FOR ADR AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS:
The Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolutions and Professional Skills aims to promote research in the field of dispute resolution mechanisms in India. To find out the further concerns for research in ADR, it is necessary to analyze the existing structure and reasons for not being able to cater to the needs of emerging diversified disputes among persons and institutions. The Adjudicatory mechanism and win-loss conclusions, reached by traditional dispute resolution bodies, on several occasions, results in further intensifying the disagreements rather than resolving them forever. It is one of the biggest achievements that all forms of ADR, i.e., Arbitration, Mediation, and Conciliation, do not leave the party aggrieved but satisfied. It is like a win-win situation for both parties. ADR successfully bridges the gap left by traditional adjudicatory institutions.
ABOUT THE NEWSLETTER:
To carry forward the objectives of the Centre, the Centre decided to start a quarterly e-Newsletter whose primary aim is to catalyze the awareness about alternative dispute resolution and to foster ADR culture with the participation of students in research avenues. The e-newsletter will also disseminate knowledge relating to current affairs and legal news in the field of ADR. The e-Newsletter will have 5 sections and intends to include articles and case comments from students, experts, academicians, and reputed legal professionals practising in the field of ADR. Click here to access the previous Issues.
a. The Article/Essay should be written around the themes:
· Role Of Indian Courts In ADR OR
· Need Of Mediation Laws In India
The author can write on either of the themes or on any related sub-themes.
b. The case comment should deal with a relevant and recent judgment (after 2020) concerning Alternate Dispute Resolution, at both national as well as international levels and must, provide the author’s take on the issue, explaining the legal background succinctly and clearly.
All the submissions must follow these guidelines: –
• Articles/Essays: 2000 – 3000 Words. Articles should be confined to the topic above mentioned.
• Case Comment: 1500 – 2500 Words. • The word limit is inclusive of footnotes and is flexible at the discretion of the Editorial Board.
• Co-authorship is allowed up to a maximum of 2 authors only.
• The main submission must not contain the credentials of the author(s) or the name of their institution. A separate cover letter containing the specifications of the author(s) must be attached to the e-mail. The Article must be submitted in the .doc/.docx file only.
• The submissions must be original works and should not have been published elsewhere.
• All submissions are subject to a plagiarism check if the work is found to be plagiarized the submission will be rejected. Minimum plagiarism allowed 15%.
FORMATTING AND CITATION STYLE
The submission should be free from all grammatical & spelling errors. The content of the submission must be in the Times New Roman font with the font size 12, line spacing 1.5, and the text should be justified. The Bluebook Uniform System of Citation (20th edition) shall be strictly adhered to. The footnotes shall be in Times New Roman font, the font size 10, and line spacing of 1.0.
MODE OF SUBMISSIONS
All submissions must be made in the electronic form to *GOOGLE LINK* (Click here to access the link) with the name of the file being “Title of the Article/Essay/Case-Comment” latest by 15th October 2021 (11:59 PM). Upon the selections, author(s) will be notified by e-mail and the CERTIFICATE OF PUBLICATION for the same will be provided to all the selected author(s) after the publication of the newsletter.
For any queries or clarifications, write to us at “cadr[at]hpnlu.ac.in” or contact: • Mr. Bhanu Pratap (Student Coordinator): +91-6375500415, [email protected] • Ms Prachi (Student Coordinator): +91-9515747965, [email protected]
- 21st NATIONAL CLIENT CONSULTING (SECOND VIRTUAL) COMPETITION 2021 by KERALA LAW ACADEMY: Register by October 25!
- 4TH NATIONAL ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION by RGNUL: Register by October 10!
- Call for Blogs by IBC16: Rolling Submissions
- 2nd edition of “Nitishastra” Online National Policy Making Competition by Law College Dehradun: Register By Sep 15!
- 3rd National Amity Quiz on Constitutional Law: Register by Sept 25!
- Amity Law School, Amity University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow Campus is organizing the 3rd National Amity Quiz on Constitutional Law (AQCL) on 30th September 2021.
- 2nd HPNLU National Moot Court Competition [October 29-31, 2021]: Register by Sept 22!
- Kanooniyat PIL Drafting Competition, 2021 (Exciting Cash Prizes, Internships and Free Workshop): Register by September 19
- Poster Making Competition on “Recovering Better for an Equitable and Sustainable World” by University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS): Register by Sept 30!
- Webinar on “IP Infringement: Shift in Seeking Remedies – Then and Now” by FICCI: September 9
- Webinar on “Constitutional expectations and Economic Justice” by Dharmashastra National Law University: Register by September 9
- Webinar on “Importance of Protecting Intellectual Property Rights” by Law Gardner; 17th September
- National Essay Writing Competition by Centre for Parliamentary Studies, HPNLU; Register by 26th September
- SHORT TERM AWARENESS COURSE ON CYBER CRIMES by World Cyber Security Forum; Register by15th September
- Call For Blogs –Vidhi Mitra Blog by Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur: Submit by 25 September
- CALL FOR BLOGS – USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION on “COMPETITION LAW IN DIGITAL SPACE” by Law and Technology Society of NLSIU Bangalore X The Dialogue : Register by September 30, 2021
- Call for Blogs – UPES Student Law Review Blog by UPES, Dehradun (Rolling Submissions)
- Call for Blogs | RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog | Apply Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.