NALSAR IS HOSTING THE 15TH EDITION OF THE NALSAR – JUSTICE B.R. SAWHNY MEMORIAL MOOT COURT COMPETITION, 2022, IN COLLABORATION WITH THE BODH RAJ SAWHNY MEMORIAL TRUST.
The National Academy of Legal Studies and Research is a National Law University located in Shameerpet, Hyderabad, Telangana, India. Established in 1998, it is a public law school and one of the first universities in the nation to offer the five-year B.A. LL.B. course. Among the 58 institutions which were considered by the 13th Standing Committee of NAAC, NALSAR secured the highest CGPA. It is recognized worldwide for its academic excellence, innovation and holistic learning. Indisputably, NALSAR counts as one of the best law schools in the country.
About the Competition
NALSAR has previously organized several premier moot court competitions and has witnessed the participation of the brightest brains in law schools around the country. In keeping with this tradition, the university is organizing the 15th edition of the NALSAR-Justice B.R. Sawhny Memorial Moot Court Competition in collaboration with the Justice Bodh Raj Sawhny Memorial Trust. In the last edition, we hosted Hon’ble Justice (Retd.) K.G. Balakrishnan, former Chief Justice of India as our chief guest for the Valedictory Ceremony and Mr. Vivek K. Tankha, Sr. Advocate Supreme Court of India and Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha as our Opening Ceremony Chief Guest. We hosted Hon’ble Dr. Justice Pushpendra Singh Bhati, Hon’ble Dr. Justice (Retd.) Bharat Bhushan Parsoon, Senior Advocate Vibha Datta Makhija and Senior Advocate V. Mohana as Judges for the Final Round of the moot adding fame to the competition. This year moot will be held in an offline format from 14th – 16th October 2022.
The moot is open to all the students currently enrolled in LLB undergraduate degree courses (3 year / 5 year).
An institution can send an official team(s) representing the institution. (Registration of institution)
No more than one team may represent an institution.
A team is not permitted to have members from more than one institution.
Kindly complete all the registration formalities stated in the Official Rules of the moot on or before August 25, 2022 (11:59 P.M. IST).
The link to the Google form for registration is as follows: https://forms.gle/8wE46V3JU8cCLiy29(link is external)
All the teams shall be required to pay INR 6500 via online bank transfer before August 25, 2022 (11:59 P.M. IST) to register for Stage 1, i.e. Memorial Evaluation Rounds.
The account details for the payment are:
- Name of the Beneficiary: Registrar, NALSAR
- Bank Name: Indian Bank
- Branch Name: Shameerpet
- Account No: 418454214
- IFSC Code: IDIB000S166
August 25, 2022 (11:59 P.M. IST).
- Winners: Cash Prize of INR 50,000/-, and a trophy.
- Runner-Up: Cash Prize of INR 25,000/-, and a trophy.
- Best Speaker: Cash prize of INR 10,000/-.
- Second Best Speaker: Cash Prize of INR 7,500/-.
- Best Memorial Appellant: Cash prize of INR 10,000/-.
- Best Memorial Respondent: Cash prize of INR 10,000/-.
- Best Researcher: Cash prize of INR 10,000/-.
- Second Best Researcher: Cash prize of INR 7,500/-.
For further clarifications or queries, you may contact the undersigned Organizing Committee members or write at [email protected](link sends e-mail).
REGARDING MOOT PROCEDURE AND PROPOSITION:
- Bhavya Adhana, Moot Court Committee; Ph. +91-8447781602
- Mayank Kumar, Moot Court Committee; Ph. +91- 9708432747
REGARDING ACCOMMODATION AND TRAVEL:
- Mayank Kumar, Core OC; Ph. +91- 9708432747
- Nupur Barman, OC Member; Ph. +91-7340069119
- Kshipra Shukla, OC Member; Ph. +91-9752202424
GENERAL QUERIES AND GRIEVANCES:
- Surbhi Pareek, Head, OC, Ph. +91-9460248432
- Rishabh Shah, Treasurer, Ph. +91-9799143100
- Tanvi Chhabra, Core OC, Ph. +91-8427093164
- Vikrant Saraf, Core OC, Ph. +91-8059020923
- 9th Professor V.S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition by Seedling School of Law and Governance, Jaipur National University: Register by Jan 17!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- 2023 NHRC-RGNUL Human Rights National Moot Court Competition: Register by Jan 20!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Jobs – 30th Dec 2022
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.