About Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad
The concept of ‘Symbiosis’ is nurtured by Dr. S. B. Mujumdar (Chancellor, Symbiosis International (Deemed University)) on the principles of Vedic thought ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ which means ‘World as One Family’. Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Hyderabad was established in 2014 inheriting splendid novelty, dynamism and excellence under the aegis of Symbiosis International (Deemed University), Pune
About the Centre:
Established in 2018, the Centre for Corporate and Competition Law (CCCL) is a student-run centre aiming to provide a platform for students of the institute to explore and learn more about the nuances of Corporate and Competition Law, and to prepare them for the corporate world. To advance our agenda, CCCL has been successful in conducting multiple landmark events in the history of our institute, which has carved a niche corner for our centre within the legal fraternity.
Amongst others, CCCL conducted our flagship event, the first-ever National Corporate Restructuring Competition in India in 2019. We have also spread our roots into banking law by conducting a three-day value-added course on Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code. Over the past two years, we have invited eminent personalities like Mr. Dhanendra Kumar, first Chairperson of the CCI and Dr. K. D. Singh, Joint Secretary for Law at CCI conduct webinars on relevant topics.
About the event:
In the modern economy, the corporate sector has been assigned the leadership for ensuring the growth process. To carry forward the growth, the companies in India require a conducive legal environment with appropriate corporate and commercial laws.
The developed countries and the transnational economic institutions like WTO need to have an ease of business and trade to work in. By taking giant steps, India has moved into the top 100 rankings in the World Bank’s ‘Doing Business 2019’ fact sheet. Laws and regulations governing the incorporation and running of business is undergoing rapid change.
The impetus for such flux came from changes in the world economy, advancements in information technology and the opening of world economy. While at some points, regulations need to provide more flexibility, at others, there is a need for strengthening the laws.
This National Conference seeks:
· To provide an interactive forum to engage in the discourse on emerging trends in corporate and competition laws in India;
· To facilitate a better understanding of policy and legal problems that are to be identified during the discussions;
· To create a network among the academicians, researchers, students and industry (particularly those working in the area of commercial law) so as to develop an environment for the exchange of ideas between academia and industry.
· To explore the possibility of undertaking collaborative research including all the participants.
Changing contours of market regulation – what lies ahead of the big antitrust investigation
1. Navigating antitrust issues in digital markets – Regulating anti-competitive conduct of AI, intermediaries, OTT platforms.
2. Blockchain and competition regulation – Demystifying the anti-competitive nature of smart contracts.
3. Analyzing the relevance of non-price factors in determining the abuse of dominance by the CCI.
4. Competition issues in the e-commerce sector – Regulating gatekeeping, unfair contractual terms and exclusive agreements.
5. Intersection of competition law with other areas of law – navigating concurrence or any potential conflicts.
6. Way forward for anti-trust enforcement in India – Key takeaways and comparative analysis of the Indian anti-trust regime with respect to foreign jurisdictions
7. Competition Compliance in the COVID-19 Era – Challenges and Way Forward
8. Merger Control (Minority acquisitions; differential thresholds, on- market transactions, decisive influence)
9. Settlements, Agreements, Cartels and Leniency (Competition Amendment Bill 2020)
10. Impact of new technologies on Competition (Innovation, Digital Markets and Big Data and Convergence of online and offline markets)
Submission Categories would be:
· Articles (4,000 – 6,000 words) would be proposed to be comprehensive publications that would analyse important themes, and may adopt comparative perspectives. Co-authorship (Up to 2 authors) is permitted.
· Essays (3,000 – 4,000 words) would be proposed to be typically identified issues, dealt with, specifically, which may be of contemporary relevance, and present a central argument. Co-authorship (Up to 2 authors) is allowed
· Case Notes, Legislative Comments, Book/Article Reviews (1,500 – 3,000 words). Co-authorship is not allowed.
Submission Guidelines would be:
- All original submissions would be asked to be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 300 words. The abstract would expressly include the novelty and usefulness of the idea that the author wishes to put forth and must categorically mention the specific contribution of the submission, beyond the existing available literature, and the practical utility of his/her recommendations.
- Co-authorship is permissible up to a maximum of two authors. However, co-authorship would not be allowed in cases of Case Comments, Legislative Comments and Book Reviews.
- Abstract (not exceeding 300 words ) should be attached as a word file in the link given below which would be peer reviewed before they are accepted.
- Following the selection of their abstracts, the authors shall be informed about further guidelines in submitting the full research paper.
LINK FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION – CLICK HERE
Who can attend (prospective audience and submitters):
This conference is aimed at students, educators, researchers, academicians and practitioners in the area of Corporate and Commercial Laws and scholars from the legal and business fraternity.
The conference will have a balance of lectures and presentations from the academic as well as the practitioners’ perspective and will have experts from the field.
It is aimed at creating a platform for exchange, debate and development of ideas and emerging issues in the area of Corporate and Commercial Laws.
· Last date for Abstract Submission: 18th Oct 2021
· Communication for Acceptance of Abstract: 22nd Oct 2021
· Final Date of Online Registration along with full applicable Payment: 30th Oct 2021
· Submission of Full Paper: 19th Nov 2021
· Date of Conference: 28th Nov 2021
Rs 300/- per registration
All the presenters shall receive Participation Certificates and the Best Manuscript, Best presenter of each technical session shall receive Certificates of Merit along with other prizes
Email us at [email protected] to clear your queries.
- National Discussion On ‘Challenges In Online Contracts: An International Perspective” by CCCL, Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad: Register by Oct 11!
- Justice N. Santosh Hegde National Moot Court Competition (Online 29th-30th Oct 2021) by Alliance University: Register by Oct 20!
- Online National Level Legal Quiz Competition by Maharaja Agrasen School of Law: Register by Oct 15!
- Two Days Professional Workshop Cum Capsule Course on The Basics of Trademark & Patent by IJALR: Register by Oct 9!
- Call For Blogs| NLUO’s CPAJ Newsletter: Submit by Nov 28!
- Vidhi Parivartan’s Webinar On “Career And Future Prospects In Cyber Law In India”: Oct 3
- Webinar on “Traditional Knowledge as Intellectual Property: Opportunities and Challenges at the International Level” by Microsoft- IPR Chair-GNLU and DPIIT IPR Chair-GNLU: Oct 13
- Online Lecture on “Historical Survey of Child Rights Law in India” by Centre For Constitutional Law & Governance, RGNUL in collaboration with Internal Quality Assurance Cell, RGNUL: Oct 02
- Call for Papers | Volume II of the NLIU Journal for Labour and Employment Law (JLEL) | Centre for Labour Law (CLL) at the National Law Institute University, Bhopal: Submit by Oct 31
- 7th National Client Consultation Competition by School Of Law, The Northcap University: Register by Oct 12!
- MAIMS 2nd National Moot Court Competition, 2021 [November 26th -28th]: Register by 25th October 2021
- Workshop on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) – Patent & Designs process by School of Law Navrachana University X NIIPM Nagpur: October 9
- MediateGuru Mediation School – Batch 1 starts on 13th November 2021: Register by Nov 10!
- National Online Quiz Competition “Know Your Forces” by UILS, Panjab University: Register by October 5!
- Student of The Year (Chapter 2) by LawInternships (No Registration Fee): Register by October 24!
- Webinar on “Collective Administration of Copyright in India” by the DPIIT-IPR Chair & IQAC Cell of NLUJAA: September 27
- Third National IPR Online Quiz Competition by DSNLU: Register by Oct 19!
- IInd Edition of Virtual Model United Nations by University Law College, Bangalore from 8th – 10th October 2021: Register Now!
- HerForum The Huddle with Megha Bhagat on Social Entrepreneurship: Sept 25!
- SURAINA 2.0 by National Service Scheme X Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University: Register by Oct 22!
- 1st Edition of Law Fiesta, “JUSTITIA”: The Virtual Lex Fiesta 2021 by Centre for Legal Studies, Gitarattan International Business School [Oct 26-29]: Register by Oct 9!
- International Webinar on – Why Lawyers should know “Law and Economics”? by Dharmashastra National Law University: Register by September 29
- Video Making Competition by DLSA North-West Delhi X VIPS: Register by October 3
- PIMUN (Prestige International Model United Nations) by Department of Law, PIMR, Indore: Register by October 6, 2021
- DEBATE COMPETITION 2021 on “COMPETITION LAW IN DIGITAL SPACE” by Law and Technology Society of NLSIU Bangalore X The Dialogue: Register by October 21, 2021
- International Conference on ‘Future of ADR: Contemporary Issues and Challenges’ by HPNLU, Shimla [Nov 27-28]: Submit by Nov 1
- One Week National Workshop on “Right to Information: A Revolutionary Law by RGNUL: 6th- 12th October 2021
- Ist International Moot Court Competition by Maharajas Government Law College, Ernakulam: Register by October 23!
- 11th Edition of the Checkmate National Moot Court Competition 2021, by Army Institute of Law, Mohali: Register by September 30!
- “International Webinar on India’s Act East Policy” by NLUJAA X Delhi University: Register by September 25!
- 14th Online National Quiz Competition on Indian Penal Code by Legis Scriptor: Register by October 2!
- Call for Papers | Indian Journal Of Intellectual Property, NALSAR: Submit by November 20!
- Live Webinar on Legal Research, Bare Act Reading, And Drafting Legal Notice by Legality Viability: September 19
- One Day Lecture on “Carbon Credits and Risk Assessment in Energy Projects” by RGNUL: September 21
- Call for Blogs | Centre for Constitutional Law & Governance, RGNUL: Rolling Submission
- National Online Cartoon Making Competition by UILS, Panjab University: Register by Sept 30!
- Webinar on “How to Fight Against the false Criminal Case” by Justvocates: Sept 18!
- National Online Criminal Law Quiz Competition by UILS, Panjab University: Register by Sept 21!
- Webinar Series On Arbitration by Iuris Jura: Register Now!
- 1st National Bail Application and Argumentation Competition by Thakur Ramnarayan College of Law: Register by October 15!
- 1st AMITY NATIONAL TRIAL ADVOCACY COMPETITION, 2021 by AMITY LAW SCHOOL’S STUDENT BAR FORUM: Register by October 2!
- Certificate Program in “Advance IPR” by ILS, Pune: Register by September 20!
- 3rd Wildlife Protection Government Law College National Online Moot Court Competition 2021 by GLC Mumbai: Register by September 26!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.