NATIONAL ARTICLE WRITING COMPETITION ON THE OCCASION OF CONSTITUTION DAY 2021 BY CENTRAL UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH BIHAR: REGISTER BY NOVEMBER 27
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
CUSB was established under the Central Universities Act, 2009, with the motto, “Collective Reasoning”. The University has been conducting its academic and other activities in its campus which extends over 300 acres at Panchanpur (near Gaya town, Bihar – 824236).
ABOUT THE SCHOOL OF LAW AND GOVERNANCE
The School of Law and Governance is a pioneer in grooming modern day legal professionals with a multidisciplinary edge by providing specialization in Corporate Law, Criminal Law, Labour Law, Constitutional Law, Taxation Law, International Trade & Investment, Banking, Finance & Insurance, IPR, Environment Law and Medical & Forensic Law.
The department purports to provide quality legal education to the law students taking into consideration the changing needs of the society and in the changing era of globalization. At the same time, this department purports to provide traditional views of legal education and research as well because they have become relics of the past. The mission of this school is to equip the students with critical, analytical and applied skills and also to make both transactional and litigating lawyers.
ABOUT THE LEGAL AID CLINIC
The Legal Aid Clinic of any law school is one of the most important student bodies with an attitude to provide the students through practical experience that goes hand in hand with the academics. The Legal Aid Clinic, SLG, CUSB is in its 9th year of continuous functioning since its inception. The Legal Aid Clinic has organized prison visits and conducted various social awareness programs in schools and villages. National Conferences & Quiz competitions have also been organized to raise awareness about the importance of legal services among the budding lawyers.
ABOUT THE EVENT
The Article Writing Competition is being organized to provide young minds a platform to share their views on various socio-legal and contemporary issues related to Alternative Dispute Resolution. Judiciary plays a significant role in safeguarding the constitution. The judiciary is already overburdened by cases and due to the outbreak of COVID19 pandemic, there has been an exponential increase in the number of unsettled cases. This has attracted the attention of Parliament to draft the Mediation Bill, 2021.
In the era of COVID19, Online Dispute Resolution as a means to resolve disputes has been very significant. It cannot be denied that the Alternative Dispute Resolution is supplanting Indian Judiciary and is the need of the hour. The idea of this Article writing competition is to bring different viewpoints and new insights on various issues of national and international importance of ADR-ODR. The competition also aims to create awareness among the student community over the importance of Legal Services
Authority Act and Legal Aid Clinic in educational institutions. The objective is to sensitize the students with the philosophy behind and need of remedy to socio-legal challenges.
THEME OF THE COMPETITION
Relevance of Alternative Dispute Resolution in contemporary times.
- Importance of Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Online Dispute Resolution in COVID19
- Legal Services Authority: A bridge between society and law
- Lok Adalats – Anti thesis to an overburdened judiciary
- Legal Aid Services and Human Rights
Note: Abovementioned sub-themes are merely suggestive in nature. Any other topics related to Legal Aid, Alternative Dispute Resolution and Lok Adalat are welcomed.
- The word limit for the article is 1200– 2000 words.
- The font should be Times New Roman, Font size – 12 & line spacing – 1.5
- The footnote should be Times New Roman, Font size – 10 & line spacing – 1.0. Footnote style to be followed is Bluebook 20th edition.
- The body of the article should in no manner disclose the name & institution of the participant.
- After the registration process completes, all the participants will be provided with a unique id which shall be mentioned at the end of the article.
Students of all UG/PG courses of all recognized universities are eligible to participate in the competition.
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES
Winner – Cash Prize + E-Certificate + Publication opportunity on Legal Aid’s Blog + other exciting awards
Runner up – Cash Prize + E-Certificate + Publication opportunity on Legal Aid’s Blog + other exciting awards
3 Consolation Prizes – E-Certificate + Publication opportunity on Legal Aid’s Blog + other exciting awards
E-certificate to all the participants.
Single Author – Rs. 40/-
In case of co-authorship, the registration fee is Rs. 60/- (Cross institutional teams are also allowed.)
Account Name: Department of Law And Governance- CUSB Account no: 39141156006
Bank: State Bank of India IFSC: SBIN0061174
Last Date for Registration – 27th November 2021
Last Date for submission – 29th November 2021 (11:59 P.M.)
All submissions should be mailed to [email protected] with the subject “Article Submission 2021 – Constitution Day – Unique id”. The article should be attached in docx. format. Plagiarism to the extent of 10% can be considered.
For any other queries, kindly reach out to us at [email protected]. Do follow our social media handles for further updates.
- Global Symposium on Labour and Employment Laws by NLIU-NLUD: Submit by November 15!
- Call for Papers | Lex Terra (ISSN: 2455-0965) by Centre for Environmental Law, Advocacy & Research, National Law University, Assam| Submit by November 30, 2021
- Call For Submissions: 4th Edition Of The Muses [Department Of Law, University Of Calcutta, Literary Magazine]: Submit by Dec 31!
- National Debate Competition on Digital Liberty by Students for Liberty: Nov 13-14
- International Conference (Ninth Virtual) on Human Rights and Gender Justice [December 4th 2021] by Kerala Law Academy: Submit By Nov 16!
- Call for Papers Volume IX | Issue 1: NLUO LAW JOURNAL [ISSN(O):2348-8913]: Submit Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.