About Kerala Law Academy
The Kerala Law Academy Law College (KLA), established in 1966 is a Centre for legal studies, legal research and law reforms. Its acclaimed peer-reviewed Research Journal has been published continuously since 1977. The College, affiliated to the University of Kerala, offers Undergraduate programs in BA LL.B. and B. Com LL.B. five-year integrated courses, LLB Unitary three-year course and post-Graduate courses of LL.M (Administrative Law), LL.M (International Law) and MBL (Master of Business Law). Its sister concern, CALSAR offers a Research Program in Law (PhD).
Kerala Law Academy Law College in association with Center for Advanced Legal Studies and Research (CALSAR) is organizing a One Day International Conference on Human Rights and Gender Justice, via virtual mode on 4th December 2021 from the Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The Conference is conducted through online platforms ZOOM and GOOGLE MEET. All the participants should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform.
The Chief Guests for the International Conference (Ninth Virtual) on Human Rights and Gender Justice are Samira Rahat, Assistant Professor, Department of Law and Justice, Bangladesh University of Business and Technology (BUBT), Marina Muniz Pinto de Carvalho Matos, Lawyer- Federal University of Bahia, President of Federal University of Bahia’s Human Rights Clinic, Brazil and Malu Stanchi, Political Articulator for Human Rights Observatory- Crisis and Covid-19 (Observatório de Direitos Humanos – Crise e Covid-19) and Researcher for Institute for Applied Economic Research (Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada – IPEA).
Call for Papers
The Organizing Committee is calling for Research Articles from Law Students, Academicians, Lawyers, Social Workers, Policy Makers, and Officials from various Departments- Representatives from Institutions and Professionals; NGO, Social Activists, Social Science Researchers and Faculty and Research Scholars. The Research Articles received would be published in proceedings with ISBN.
Aim of the Conference
While women represent fifty per cent of the world’s population, they perform nearly two-thirds of the working hours, yet they receive only one-tenth of the world’s income and less than one per cent of the world’s property. Thus, there are grave inequalities between nations and there are also serious inequalities within the nations and everywhere women are lacking in position and power and overrepresented amongst the poor. I cannot resist the temptation of mentioning the most striking and relevant verses of a poem at this stage:
“I am the woman who holds up the sky.
The rainbow runs through my eyes.
The sun makes a path to my womb.
My thoughts are in the shape of clouds.
But my words are yet to come.”
Gender relations need to be measured in the context of participation in and sharing of the important decision-making process that results in the above inequalities. Such a measure would help to identify the differing degrees of inequality in terms of age, income levels and geographical location. For governments and concerned citizens seeking to redress these inequalities, indices are a means of determining the issues on which they must concentrate, and provide feedback on the effectiveness of their actions. Clearly then, the accuracy of any measure of gender inequality needs close scrutiny.
Through this Conference, we aim to highlight the gap created between genders and how this gap in many ways violates the Human Rights, as a result of which there comes difficulties in providing Legal Aid. This International National Conference on Human Rights and Gender Justice is organized with an aim to bring together academicians, students, human rights activists and other intellectuals on one platform to discuss the various issues concerning human rights and to discuss the measures to curb such issues.
1. Human Rights of Women and Children
2. Human Trafficking and Bride Trafficking
3. Freedom, Justice, Peace, and Human Rights Today
4. Women in Conflict, Refugee Crisis and Gender Justice
5. Gender sensitivity of the justice delivery mechanisms.
6. State responsibility to protect gender discrimination.
7. Women’s property and inheritance rights.
8. Gender discrimination in marriage and divorce.
9. Gender-based violence.
10. Role of society in curbing gender injustice.
11. Gender injustice on social media.
12. Women’s representation and participation in politics/justice.
13. Challenges to legal aid for gender protection.
14. Legal services for under-trial prisoners, women/child victims of trafficking and juveniles in the juvenile justice system.
15. Constitutional provisions for gender equality.
16. The legislative framework for gender equality.
17. Judicial approach for gender justice.
18. Status of LGBT in gender equality.
19. Historical development of gender equality from ancient to the digital era.
20. Gender-based budget.
21. Government initiatives for gender equality.
22. Role of NGO’s in gender justice.
23. International perspective for gender Justice.
Crimes against women outside the family
2. Sexual Harassment at the Workplace
3. Outraging the Modesty of a Woman/Sexual Harassment.
6. Grievous Hurt/Acid Attack.
7. Trafficking in women and girls.
The Enforcement Mechanism and Gender Justice
1. Role of Police
2. Role of the Prosecutor
3. Role of Judiciary.
4. Role of Civil Society
Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any topic related to the above-mentioned theme.
Kindly send the abstract on or before 16th November 2021 by e-mail to: [email protected]
Guidelines for Paper Submission
Kindly confine yourself to the areas identifiable with the title ofConference. The papers must be in Times New Roman, Font Size: Heading-14, Text-12 in A4 format, single line spacing, in justify not exceeding 2500 words including Title, details of the Author/s and Footnotes. Authors are encouraged to use The Bluebook (20th ed.) citation format for footnoting and it should be in Times New Roman Font 10 size. Further, speaking footnotes are discouraged.
Ø An Abstract not exceeding 250 words shall be submitted for consideration. The Abstract shall contain the Synopsis of the Paper, Subtitles, Reference materials and Conclusion indicating author’s perspective. The abstract must be mailed to [email protected] with the subject “Abstract submission” on or before 16th November 2021. It must be accompanied by a cover page, stating the following:
Title of the paper; Sub-Theme; Name of Author(s); Name of Institute/Organization; Official Designation; E-mail Address; Postal Address; Contact Number
· The Submission should be in WORD FORMAT.
· All footnotes must adhere to 20th edition of Bluebook standards and must be styled using the footnote option in word.
· Borders, underlines or other design objects must not be included in the paper.
· References need not be mentioned at the end of a paper and must be included within footnotes.
· Precedents may be in Italics but not bold.
· All sub headings must be left aligned, in bold.
· The Papers shall be screened by a Committee. The Full Papers (2500 words) approved by the Committee shall be accepted for presentation in the Conference. The intimation of selection will be made through E-mail.
· The final paper should contain a cover page which includes Name, Designation, Relevant Discipline and Year of Study, Address, E-mail id and Contact number. Authors are to give details in the Full Paper.
· Abstracts and papers should be written in English, and the working language of the Conference will be English, and presentations shall be done in English.
· Submissions should be made by the author who will attend the Conference.
· Co-Authorship is allowed but limited to one Co-Author only.
· Only one paper per participant will be permitted. Multiple submissions will lead to disqualification.
· No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication. Any form of Plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
· The Organizers will take earnest effort to publish the best articles selected from among those received, subject to their acceptance by reputed journals as per their criteria.
Publishing Charges if any demand for the journal is to be paid by the author.
The submissions should be original work of the authors and must not be published elsewhere. Submissions with plagiarized content and copyright issues will be rejected outrightly.
-By sending the submissions to NLUO Law Journal, the author(s) agree to assign exclusive copyright in the work to NLUO-LJ. It shall be entitled to, without limitation, publish and reproduce the submission (or part(s) thereof) in any manner it sees fit (with due acknowledgement to the author) subject to the doctrine of fair use as enumerated under the Copyright Act.
– The editors reserve the right to edit the submissions (or part(s) thereof) for publication without permission from or further notice to the author.
– After initial screening, short-listed submissions will go through a double-blind peer-review process and the final selection will be based on that procedure.
– All authors shall receive an acknowledgement of receipt of their work within 4 weeks of submission. If any submission does not pass any level review or is rejected for any reason such as originality, plagiarism etc., then a mail shall be sent to the author in due course of such rejection.
Submission of Abstracts: 16th November 2021
Communication of Abstract Acceptance: 18th November 2021
Submission of Full paper: 28th November, 2021
Intimation of Full paper Acceptance: 30th November, 2021
Date of payment of Registration fee: 1st December, 2021
International Conference: 4th December, 2021
There is a Registration fee of Rs.750/- per participant (Additional fee of Rs.250/- should be paid in the case of maximum one Co-Author).
The Participant’s intending to participate must register on or before 1st of December 2021 (01/12/2021) by submitting the duly filled pro forma provided in the Kerala Law Academy website (link) and making an online payment of Rs.750/- ( In the case of co-author Rs.1000/-) as the registration fee, through the online link provided in the Kerala Law Academy website (CLICK HERE).
All the Participants will be awarded with an E-certificate of presentation.
1. Mrs. RENJINI PONNAN SHEELA (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy)- 7994708480
Faculty Co- Conveners –
1. AJITHA NAIR L (Associate Professor, Kerala Law Academy) – 9496196638
2. Dr. DAKSHINA SARASWATHY (General Secretary MCS and Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy) – 9744169215,
3. MRS. LATHIKA KUMARI D (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy)- 9495541770
4. MR. BINU P M (Assistant Professor , Kerala Law Academy) – 9746179873
Student Conveners –
1. AJAY Y – 9746525734
2. SRUTHI KANNAN- 8921194385
3. HRISHIKESH JAYASARMAN- 7025263839
4. NANDAKISHORE A- 9567604290
5. GOPIKA SASI- 9495820263
6. ARJUN PM- 9074918354
For More details visit The Kerala Law Academy website (CLICK HERE).
- Call for Papers Volume IX | Issue 1: NLUO LAW JOURNAL [ISSN(O):2348-8913]: Submit Now!
- Webinar On Admissibility Of Electronic Evidences By GCRCJS, Gujarat National Law University: Oct 15!
- Lecture on “Adjudicating Bias: Stereotypes, Gender and Courts” By Ms. Jhuma Sen X Constitutional Law Society, NLUO: Oct 22!
- First Edition of International UILS Negotiation Competition By UILS, Panjab University: Register by Oct 25!
- Webinar on “Privacy as a Constitutional Tort” By School of Law, Mahindra University: Register Now!
- One-Week Multidisciplinary Workshop on “Interfaith and International Humanitarian Law” By Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH), RGNUL: Register Now!
- One-Day Online Lecture on ‘How the Law and Legal System in India has Failed to Deliver Justice” By Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH), RGNUL: Register Now!
- Webinar Series On “Contemporary Developments In Human Rights” Conducted By ILPS NLUO In Collab With HRLN: Register Now!
- Public Discussion on “Corporate Classics: A Roadmap ” by Samvaad: The Discussion Forum: Register Now!
- Essay Writing Competition – by Centre for Advanced Study in Criminal Law at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab: Submit Now!
- 4 Days Online Workshop on “IPR Drafting in India” by World Cyber Security Forum (WCSF): Register by October 13!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.