About the Organizers:
The Magazine Committee of Department of Law, University of Calcutta
Established in 1909, the Department of Law, University of Calcutta is one of the oldest legal institutions in South East Asia. The Department’s century old legacy boasts of an enviable list of illustrious personalities which include jurists, legal luminaries, Presidents and politicians, many of whom have been instrumental in changing the course of the country.
The MAGAZINE is published by the Magazine Committee of the Department, which is composed of students of the Department of Law, University of Calcutta. The committee prides itself for providing a platform to law students to fully express their views, opinions, and art – without the binding limitations of them having to be strictly legal in nature.
About the Magazine: The Muses
“The Muses”, is the official online bi-annual publication, written and edited by the students’ of Department of Law, University of Calcutta, which chronicles all activities under the aegis of the institution, and paints a picture of the yearly endeavours of this institute and its students. This publication provides a platform for the students to exhibit their creative, scientific, literary, academic prowess.
This edition, we are accepting submissions from all.
All submissions should be made to [email protected]
1. The magazine will accept opinion pieces, prose, poems, travelogues, essays, book and film reviews, and articles.
2. Please mention your name, semester, and institutional affiliation in the submission mail.
3. The subject of the mail should be ‘Submission for The Muses: 4th Edition’.
Who can submit?
The Magazine is accepting submissions from all. Including individuals not enrolled as students of Department of Law, University of Calcutta.
Last Date: 31st December, 2021.
1. Should be submitted in a pdf and an editable word format.
2. Word limit: 5000 words.
3. The magazine allows up to three co-authors.
4. The magazine will only accept submissions in English.
5. Citations should be referenced in a bibliography format.
Types of submissions:
Fiction: Stories, Poems
Non-fiction: Articles, Essays, Opinion Pieces, Travelogues, Book and Film Reviews.
Photographs, paintings/digital art:
Should be submitted in a jpeg format, in the highest resolution possible.
* All those contributors whose pieces will be published in the magazine will get an e-Certificate of Publication.
Sexually explicit, overtly political, and plagiarised submissions will be rejected.
Any and all queries should be addressed to:
Ahana Bag, Joint Secretary
- 1st National MS Rathi Memorial Moot Court Competition, 2021 by LatestLaws.com X Indian Dispute Resolution Centre: Register by Oct 25!
- Call for Chapters in an Edited Book on Theme – “Human Rights & Intellectual Property Rights”: Submit by Nov 30!
- 3rd National Constitutional Law Quiz Competition by Kanoon Sangrah: Register by Nov 12!
- 2nd Online National Client Counselling Competition by Legis Scriptor: Register by Nov 10!
- Pre Invite | Workshop on Transactional Analysis, by Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU): Register by Oct 22!
- Online Debate Competition 2021 on Anti-Conversion Law, by UP Judicial Reforms Council, WICCI: Register by Oct 25!
- 1st Essay Writing Competition on International Laws and Policies by International Law and Policy Society(ILPS) NLUO: Register by Oct 25!
- National Debate Competition on Digital Liberty by Students for Liberty: Nov 13-14
- Webinar on “Social Media Literacy and Addiction.” by YIMF Academia: Oct 19
- International Conference (Ninth Virtual) on Human Rights and Gender Justice [December 4th 2021] by Kerala Law Academy: Submit By Nov 16!
- Call for Papers Volume IX | Issue 1: NLUO LAW JOURNAL [ISSN(O):2348-8913]: Submit Now!
- Webinar On Admissibility Of Electronic Evidences By GCRCJS, Gujarat National Law University: Oct 15!
- Lecture on “Adjudicating Bias: Stereotypes, Gender and Courts” By Ms. Jhuma Sen X Constitutional Law Society, NLUO: Oct 22!
- First Edition of International UILS Negotiation Competition By UILS, Panjab University: Register by Oct 25!
- Webinar on “Privacy as a Constitutional Tort” By School of Law, Mahindra University: Register Now!
- One-Week Multidisciplinary Workshop on “Interfaith and International Humanitarian Law” By Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH), RGNUL: Register Now!
- One-Day Online Lecture on ‘How the Law and Legal System in India has Failed to Deliver Justice” By Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH), RGNUL: Register Now!
- Webinar Series On “Contemporary Developments In Human Rights” Conducted By ILPS NLUO In Collab With HRLN: Register Now!
- Public Discussion on “Corporate Classics: A Roadmap ” by Samvaad: The Discussion Forum: Register Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.