About State Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission
The Consumer Protection Act, 1986 (In short,‘The Act’) is benevolent social legislation that lays down the rights of the consumers and provides for promotion and protection of the rights of the consumers. The first and the only Act of its kind in India, it has enabled ordinary consumers to secure less expensive and often speedy redressal of their grievances. By spelling out the rights and remedies of the consumers in a market so far dominated by organized manufacturers and traders of goods and providers of various types of services, the Act makes the dictum, caveat emptor (‘Buyer Beware’) a thing of the past.
The Act mandates establishment of Consumer Protection Councils at the Centre as well as in each State and District, with a view to promoting consumer awareness. The Central Council is headed by Minister In-charge of the Department of Consumer Affairs in the Central Government and the State Councils by the Minister In-charge of the Consumer Affairs in the State Governments. It
also provides for a 3-tier structure of the National and State Commissions and District Commissions for speedy resolution of consumer disputes.
To provide inexpensive, speedy and summary redressal of consumer disputes, quasi-judicial bodies have been set up in each District and State and at the National level, called the District Commissions, the State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commissions and the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission respectively. At present, there are 629 District Commissions and 35 State Commissions with the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (NCDRC) at the apex. NCDRC has its office at Upbhokta Naya Bhawan, ‘F’ Block, GPO Complex, INA, New Delhi-110 023.
About the Internship Opportunity
The State Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission is inviting Internship Applications for the period beginning from 03.01.2022.
This internship will provide an opportunity to learn substantive as well as procedural aspects of Consumer protection law. Interns are expected to be diligent and have good research skills.
Number of Openings
Place of Internship
ITO, New Delhi, India (Offline)
Minimum 4 weeks
How to Apply
Apply at: [email protected]
- Legal Internship at Chamber of Advocate Pijush K. Roy, Supreme Court: Apply by Feb 15!
- Legal Internship at BeIN Legal LLP: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at KS Legal & Associates, Chennai: Apply Now!
- Research Internship with Professor Dr Bimal N Patel – Member-Designate – UN International Law Commission at Rashtriya Raksha University: Apply by Jan 31!
- Virtual Legal Internship at Lex Walk Foundation: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Mandla & Singh Law Chambers: Apply Now!
- Intern – United Nations: Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, New Delhi, India (Apply Now)
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) Internship Programme (Mar 2022): Apply by Feb 1!
- Virtual Legal Internship(s) at AapkaConsultant.com and Legal Shots (YT Channel): Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship (with stipend) at Remote Lawyer: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at IN10 Media Network, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at Sonisvision: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship (with stipend) at Sinha & Company Advocates, Kolkata: Apply Now!
- Legal Assessment Internship at Sarvaank Associates, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Assessment Internship at ALL IP Care, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Adv Nipun Saxena, New Delhi: Apply by Jan 30!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Office of Adv Ajit B Kale, Aurangabad: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Akash Raj Law Chamber, Patna: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Oum Law Associates, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Associate at GOGIA & GOGIAs Advocates, Ahmedabad: Apply Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.