About LAMP Fellowship
The Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament (LAMP) Fellowship is a unique and an exciting opportunity for young Indians to learn law-making and public policy. LAMP Fellows are mentored by a Member of Parliament (MP) and work full-time with the assigned MP during a given year, starting from the Monsoon session of Parliament till the end of the Budget session. The primary role of a LAMP Fellow is to provide extensive research support to her/his MP for their parliamentary work. This includes drafting parliamentary questions for the MP, preparing the MP’s speeches for zero hour debates, raising matters of public importance, drafting private members’ bills etc.
When Parliament is not in session, LAMP Fellows engage with policy makers, experts from various think-tanks, academicians from several leading universities, and leaders from diverse public policy institutions through participation in workshops on important policy and development issues. LAMP Fellows also participate in field visits during the inter-session period for a practical exposure to governance at the ground level.
About the Opportunity
LAMP Fellowship provides an opportunity to be mentored by a Member of Parliament for a period of 10-11 months, subject to the Parliamentary calendar. During the course of the Fellowship, the Fellows will get the opportunity to engage with experts from diverse sectors and understand important policy and development issues of the country.
The Fellow’s primary task involves providing research support to the Member of Parliament (MP) that she/he is assigned to. A significant amount of the research a LAMP Fellow will undertake will be Parliament related, such as inputs for bills, parliamentary questions, policy discussions and standing committee meetings. LAMP Fellows are also required to provide background research for the conferences and media events MPs attend in their official capacity. While some MPs may delegate constituency-related work to their LAMP Fellows, taking up such work (including visits to the constituency) is subject to the agreement between the MP and the LAMP Fellow.
LAMP Fellows research topics as diverse as defence, food security, environment, economics and foreign affairs. Research tasks may include
- Legislative research
- Data Analysis
- Framing parliamentary questions
- Background research parliamentary debates
- Research for Standing Committee meetings
- Drafting Private Member Bills
- Media-related work including drafting press releases, preparing interventions for TV appearances
- Research for constituency-related issues
- Interacting with stakeholders
LAMP Fellows rarely have a “typical” work day. Requests for research may have varying deadlines – ranging from thirty minutes to a couple of days, depending on the specifications of the MP. When Parliament is in session, the workload is likely to be heavier than the time period between sessions.
PRS seeks to engage with highly-motivated, bright young people for the LAMP Fellowship.
- LAMP Fellowship is open to candidates who are 25 years of age or below
- Candidate must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in any academic discipline.
- Only Indian citizens are eligible for the LAMP Fellowship.
How to Apply:
Partial responses cannot be saved. Please make sure to fill up the application form all at once.
Things you need to have ready before filling up the form:
1) Academic scores/grades (UG and upwards)
2) Details of work experience/internships/ volunteer work
3) A 500-word essay justifying your candidature for the LAMP Fellowship
4) A 500-word essay on a policy or law
The essays should be written in English and in your own words. Any material used in your essays from other sources must be properly cited. Application of candidates who have plagiarized their essays will be summarily rejected.
This form contains 8 sections. They are:
Section 1: Personal information and contact details
Section 2: Academic Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree
Section 3: Academic Qualification: Post Graduate Degree (if applicable)
Section 4: Academic Qualification: Other Degree / Course (if applicable)
Section 5: Work Experience (other than internships) (if applicable)
Section 6: Internship Experience (if applicable)
Section 7: Languages known
Section 8: Two essays (500 words each)
Frequently asked questions about the LAMP Fellowship: CLICK HERE
If you face difficulties filling out the online application form or have a question that’s not answered in the FAQs, please send an email to [email protected].
These vacancies fill up fast; Join Kanooniyat’s WhatsApp group to get notified immediately. Also, check us out on Instagram and LinkedIn
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
- Call for Interns | Scaling City Institutions for India (SCI-FI) at Centre for Policy Research: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Noble Legal(Advocates & Solicitors), Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Bridge Legal India, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lex AV Attorneys LLP, Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AK Bhambri and Associates, New Delhi: Apply by Dec 31!
- Call for Interns | Data Protection Intern at Tsaaro, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Ostara Legal: Apply by Dec 26!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.