About Kerala Law Academy
The Kerala Law Academy Law College (KLA), established in 1966 is a Centre for legal studies, legal research and law reforms. Its acclaimed peer-reviewed Research Journal is published continuously since 1977. The College is affiliated with the University of Kerala.
About International Mediation Competition 2022 –
First International Mediation Competition (IMC) organised by Kerala Law Academy Law College, Thiruvananthapuram is a step taken towards acting as facilitator in increasing the ADR Culture among aspiring lawyers. Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the 1st International Mediation Competition hosted by the Kerala Law Academy will be held via virtual mode on 23rd Maarch 2022 from the Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The competition is conducted through the online platforms ZOOM and GOOGLE MEET. All the participating teams should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform at the scheduled dates and time. This is a mandatory requirement for participation. We look forward to hosting you, Welcome aboard !!!
Who all can participate ?
The Competition is open to all Law Colleges / Law Schools and Faculties / Universities; Departments of Law in India (hereafter “participating institutions”) recognized by the Bar Council of India. Students doing post-graduation in law and students undergoing correspondence courses are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
1. Cross-Institute Teams shall not be eligible to participate in this Competition.
2. Only one team from each participating institution shall be registered for the competition.
1. Provisional registration – All the interested institutions are requested to provisionally register by sending us an email at – [email protected] , the subject of the email should be “Provisional registration – 1st IMC 22 ”.
2. After the confirmation of provisional registration, the participants must register on or before 18th March, 2022 by submitting the duly filled Proforma provided on the Kerala Law Academy Website.
3. The Participants are required to register as a Team of 3 students viz, a Mediating Pair (Client and Counsel) and a Mediator.
4. The Organizing Committee will communicate the acceptance of the provisional registration and e-mail the payment gateway link along with all other necessary details for the completion of registration formalities.
5. On successful completion of the payment, The Organizing Committee shall send a confirmation of participation email after verifying the entire process.
Stages of the Competition –
The competition will take place in three stages. At each stage, there will be two rounds for one pair of teams.
Preliminary Rounds – Each Team shall be once the Responding Party and once the Requesting Party in each session.
No Team shall compete against the same team more than once in the Preliminary Rounds, nor will they compete before the same panel of judges.
Semi Finals – The 4 best teams from the preliminary stages will compete in pairs.
Finals – The best two teams from the semi-finals will face each other.
For any queries, please write to [email protected] or contact any of the following –
1. Mrs. Priya M.K – 9633311359
2. Mrs. Salini A.P – 7012480983
3. Mr. N.K Sasidharan
4. Mrs. Darsana S Thampi
5. Mrs. Radhika R P
6. Mr. Shakti Prabha
1. Ajay Y (Student Convenor, Moot Court Society) – 9746525734
2. Sruthi Kannan (Student Joint Convenor, Moot Court Society) – 8921194385
3. Hrishikesh Jayasarman (Student Joint Convenor, Moot Court Society) – 7025263839
4. Darsana Vikram
5. Nandakishore A
6. Gopika Sasi
7. Sreedurga M. U
8. Arjun P.M
Student Co Convenors:
1. Anagha S.
2. Abraham J
3. Devika. S
4. Sangeet Mohan
- 9th Professor V.S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition by Seedling School of Law and Governance, Jaipur National University: Register by Jan 17!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- 2023 NHRC-RGNUL Human Rights National Moot Court Competition: Register by Jan 20!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Jobs – 30th Dec 2022
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.