About Dr Kalam Centre:
The Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Centre for Policy Research and Analysis is envisioned as a proactive embodiment of the philosophy of the late President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, of levering knowledge, technology and humanism to achieving Sustainable Development while also ensuring the goals of a just and equitable Social Order. The Centre was the outcome of a tripartite agreement between Indian Institute of Management, Shillong and Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DONER) and North Eastern Council (NEC) signed on 15th October 2016.
The Centre aims to emerge as a state of the art resource centre to assist the states of North East India and the implementing agencies to plan and execute projects properly, promote innovations and functions as a repository of the best practices in the region, especially in development planning of six critical sectors namely logistics, tourism, horticulture, handicraft, handloom and business process outsourcing. This would cover all the vital areas of development planning, strategising, analysis and policy formulation. The Centre aims to be the catalyst for development through action research and analysis. It would strive to emerge as an innovation and knowledge hub that will help achieve Sustainable Development through a blend of Science and Humanism through the cultivation of techno-economic excellence along with inculcation of universal human values, the awakening of indigenous sensitivity and celebration of natural as well as cultural diversity. Further, the Centre will also network with various institutes throughout North-East India and establish an institutional network to provide the knowledge breakup
About the Internship Opportunity
The Dr Kalam Centre internship Programme offers students and recent graduates the opportunity to gain direct practical experience with Dr. Kalam Centre’s work on research, consultancy, project development, knowledge dissemination exercises, policy analysis etc. The interns will be engaged for a short duration for 1 – 3 months on the ongoing projects of the centre. The interns are desired to work under the team and support in research activities and any other activities related to centre’s execution plan. Interested candidates may apply throughout the year and the centre may consider the application on need basis as and when arises.
- A Graduate/Post Graduate or enrolled for Post graduate course in any College/University of India
- Have excellent academic record throughout his/her career
- Have attained 18 years of age
- Must be a citizen of India
- Language proficiency in English & Hindi
(Proficiency in local vernacular of north east will be an add on)
- Willingness to travel and work beyond 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Interns will be paid a stipend of upto Rs. 25,000/- per month based on qualification, other accomplishment, volunteering etc.
Interns who wish to work online and without fix working hours and target may be considered without stipend
Interns shall be engaged for a short duration of 1 month to 3 months.
Candidates who have successfully exhibited their performance as interns will be awarded a certificate from Dr. Kalam Centre of IIM Shillong
Interns are required to have their own Laptop. The Centre will provide working space, internet access and other necessities as deemed fit by the Centre. Interns will be provided with TA/DA facility during official tour as per Level – 5.
- Interested candidates may send their CV and a covering letter expressing their interest to work as intern to apjcentr[email protected] with the subject “Internship at Dr Kalam Centre”.
- Interested candidates may apply throughout the year. However, selection will be purely based on need based as and when arises.
- Applicants must specify their area of interest and willingness to take up any challenge during their intern period.
- Internship opportunity shall be provided only once to a candidate.
- Applicants who do not meet the eligibility requirements will have their applications rejected.
- At the time of joining, the selected applicant must present original mark sheets and NOC from the college/institution, or his/her candidature will be cancelled.
- A reference letter from the head of the institution of the present institutions will be considered as add on.
- The Centre will have the authority to waive any of the above-mentioned conditions in the case of a highly deserving candidate.
Note: The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates for selection.
- The Centre authorities will further scrutinize all online applications in order to select eligible candidates.
- The maximum number of interns for Internship at any given time will be (6). With the permission of the Centre Authorities, this number may be relaxed. The authorities’ decision on a candidate’s suitability as an intern shall be final and binding.
- The selected candidates may be asked to submit a soft copy of their NOC from their Head of College/University/Department with sufficient time before the Centre issues the offer letter. It must also be stated in the NOC that the student will not be registered for any course that requires his/her attendance in class during the internship period. The original NOC issued by the college/institution should be submitted at the time of joining, and the original
documents should be used to verify his/her eligibility. If a discrepancy is discovered, the Centre will cancel the candidate’s candidacy.
- Depending on the number of applications received, the Centre reserves the right to set the eligibility criteria, limit the number of applicants who will be called for a specific period, and decide on the mode of screening.
- At the end of each assignment, interns will be required to submit a brief report/paper to the Centre, and at the end of the internship, interns will be required to submit a brief note on their learning experiences.
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
- Call for Interns | Scaling City Institutions for India (SCI-FI) at Centre for Policy Research: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Noble Legal(Advocates & Solicitors), Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Bridge Legal India, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lex AV Attorneys LLP, Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AK Bhambri and Associates, New Delhi: Apply by Dec 31!
- Call for Interns | Data Protection Intern at Tsaaro, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Ostara Legal: Apply by Dec 26!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.