About Students For Liberty
Students For Liberty is a rapidly growing network of pro-liberty students from all over the world. We are the largest libertarian student organization in the world.
We are thoroughly trained and professional. Through increasing awareness of our emotions, we are able to manage and control them, leading to improved interpersonal relationships and empathetic communication with people with other viewpoints. We have a high level of understanding of the ideas of liberty and can clearly and effectively explain the economic and philosophical rationale for the issues we stand for.
Rising above partisan politics, we engage in open and civil discourse over how to best promote freedom in all aspects of our lives. We respect that everyone comes to their justification for liberty in their own way and we are supportive of them in that journey.
Liberty creates a better world and our message surrounding the ideas are welcoming, positive, and inspiring.
About the event
n 2020, global video game industry revenue was $179.7 billion dollars, which was more the the global film industry and North American sports combined.
One reason why video games have become so popular is that they draw on existing IP.
A great example of this is the videogame series BioShock.
The videogame is based on the works and philosophy of Ayn Rand. The character Andrew Ryan is a clear allusion to the author’s name, and Ryan develops his own city, Rapture, to implement his beliefs, similar to Galt Gulch’s creation of Atlantis in Atlas Shrugged.
Ayn Rand’s philosophy of Objectivism too finds its way into BioShock. In a nutshell, Objectivism advocates that a person should follow his own self-interest and profit from his abilities and ambitions while being uninhibited by others. In BioShock, Andrew Ryan is also inspired by similar beliefs to create the city of Rapture and the Plasmids.
Many such traces of objectivism can be found embedded in other video games too.
To ponder on these ideas of objectivism in video games, SASFL is starting its new initiative: ????? ????? ???????????!
In this first event of the initiative, we welcome you to come up with your perspective on video games and the ideas of objectivism enshrined in them, with special reference to BioShock. Kindly register to join!
? Date: March 20, 2022
?Time: 6:30 PM (IST)
? Location: Online
- 9th Professor V.S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition by Seedling School of Law and Governance, Jaipur National University: Register by Jan 17!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- 2023 NHRC-RGNUL Human Rights National Moot Court Competition: Register by Jan 20!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Jobs – 30th Dec 2022
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.