Kerala Law Academy Law College is inviting submissions for its 13th International Seminar on Role of Judiciary in Controlling Maladministration – A Comparative Study. scheduled on July 23rd 2022.
About the Organization
The Kerala Law Academy Law College (KLA), established in 1966 is a Centre for legal studies, legal research and law reforms. Its acclaimed peer-reviewed Research Journal has been published continuously since 1977.
The College, affiliated to the University of Kerala, offers Undergraduate programs in BA LL.B. and B. Com LL.B. five-year integrated courses, LLB Unitary three-year course and Post-Graduate courses of LL.M (Administrative Law), LL.M (International Law) and MBL (Master of Business Law).
About the Seminar
Kerala Law Academy Law College in association with Centre for Advanced Legal Studies and Research (CALSAR) and IQAC, KLA is organizing a One Day International Seminar on Role of Judiciary in Controlling Maladministration – A Comparative Study on July 23rd 2022 from the Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
Call for Papers
The Organizing Committee is calling for Research Articles from Law Students, Academicians, Lawyers, Social Workers, Policy Makers, and Officials from various Departments- Representatives from Institutions and Professionals; NGO, Social Activists, Social Science Researchers and Faculty and Research Scholars.
Any developing system of administration gives importance to the existence of a mechanism for handling the results of the administrative faults, and the recognition of a right of every member of the society to know what happens in the government files. Maladministration refers to the actions of a government body which can be seen as causing an injustice. History has shown us many instances of corruption, abuse of power and nepotism in public administration. The system of modern administration is no exception to these problems. Complaints of maladministration, corruption, inefficiency delay, bias in public administration etc, have now started increasing. As seen throughout the evolution of humanity, power sings a song of corruption in man’s ear. Absolute power and control have often led to tyranny, aggression and complete chaos.
The Seminar will attempt to explore the different aspects of Maladministration and the control of judiciary. The purpose of the seminar is to serve as a medium that enlightens the outcome, unsolved questions and further explore new direction in this field of law.
The Seminar is conducted through the online platform ZOOM. All the participants should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform.
1. Remedies for Maladministration
2. Inter relation between corruption and maladministration
3. Maladministration- a time line between power and responsibility
4. Ombudsman and human right protection
5. Judicial influence in ombudsman
6. Relation between ombudsman and the courts
7. Maladministration- complaints
8. Maladministration in public sector
9. Government vs. maladministration
10. Bureaucratic corruption and legal control
11. The problem of maladministration
12. Judicial role in controlling maladministration
13. Principles of judicial control over administration
14. Conventions against maladministration
15. Ombudsman: Domestic protection and promotion of international Human rights
16. Powers of ombudsman
Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any topic related to the above-mentioned theme.
Kindly send the abstract on or before 3rd July 2022 by e-mail to: [email protected]
The Research Articles received would be published in Proceedings with ISBN.
Guidelines for Paper Submission
• Kindly confine yourself to the areas identifiable with the title of seminar.
• The papers must be in Times New Roman, Font Size: Heading-14, Text-12 in A4 format, single line spacing, in justify not exceeding 2500 words including Title, details of the Author/s and Footnotes.
• Authors are encouraged to use The Bluebook (21st ed.) citation format for footnoting and it should be in Times New Roman Font 10 size. Further, speaking footnotes are discouraged.
• An Abstract not exceeding 250 words shall be submitted for consideration.
• The Abstract shall contain the Synopsis of the Paper, Subtitles, Reference materials and conclusion indicating author’s perspective.
• The Abstract must be mailed to [email protected] on or before July 3rd, 2022. It must be accompanied by a cover page, stating the following: Title of the paper; Sub-Theme; Name of Author(s); Name of Institute/Organization; Official Designation; E-mail Address; Postal Address, Contact Number.
• The Submission should be in WORD FORMAT.
• All footnotes must adhere to 21st edition of Bluebook standards and must be styled using the footnote option in word. Borders, underlines or other design objects must not be included in the paper.
• References need not be mentioned at the end of a paper and must be included within footnotes.
• Precedents may be in Italics but not bold.
• All sub headings must be left aligned, in bold.
• The Papers shall be screened by a Committee. The Full Papers (2500 words) approved by the Committee shall be accepted for presentation in the Seminar. The intimation of selection will be made through E-mail.
• The final paper should contain a cover page which includes Name, Designation, Relevant Discipline and Year of Study, Address, E-mail id and Contact number. Authors are to give details in the Full Paper.
• Abstracts and papers should be written in English, and the working language of the Seminar will be English, and presentations shall be done in English.
• Submissions should be made by the author who will attend the Seminar.
• Co-Authorship is allowed but limited to one Co-Author only.
• Only one paper per participant will be permitted. Multiple submissions will lead to disqualification.
• No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication. Any form of Plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
• The Organizers will take earnest effort to publish the best articles selected from among those received, subject to their acceptance by reputed journals as per their criteria.
• Publishing charges if demanded for the journal is to be paid by the author.
Kindly send the abstract on or before July 3rd, 2022 by e-mail to [email protected]
• Submission of Abstracts: 3rd July 2022.
• Communication of Abstract Acceptance: 5th July 2022.
• Submission of Full paper: 17th of July 2022.
• Intimation of Full paper Acceptance: 19th July 2022.
• Date of payment of Registration fee: 21st July 2022.
• International Seminar: July 23rd 2022
Registration Fees and Payment Details
There is a registration fee of INR 750 per Author (Additional fee of INR 250 should be paid in the case of maximum one Co-Author).
For Seminar Participation only: INR 200.
The payment can be made through the online link provided in the Kerala Law Academy website.
All the Participants registered for Presentation and Participation will be awarded with a respective E-certificate.
• Faculty Convenor:
1) Smt. Radhika R.P. (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy Law College):- +91 9656830914
• Faculty Co-Convenor:
1) Adv. Binu P.M. (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy Law College):- +91 9746179873
2) Sri. Salini A.P. (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy Law College):- +91 8527861463
3) Dr. Dakshina Saraswathy (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy Law College):- +91 97441 69215
• Student Convenors:
1) Gautham Viswam +91 88910 01101
2) Lakshmi V.S.: +91 9605530081
3) Anagha S.: +91 6238376060
4) Aathira S. Kumar
5) Reshma Sukumaran
6) Philip Jacob K.R.
7) Ren Shibu
8) Mili Rose
- Call for Papers | International Seminar on Environmental Law & Policy by AGISS Research Institute & MVN University: Submit Abstract by Oct 14!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Bajaj Allianz, Pune: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AMRG & Associates, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply by Sep 30!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Office of a Sitting Judge at the Delhi High Court: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at the Law Office of Aishwarye Dubey, Mumbai: Apply by Oct 10!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at Verdictum: Apply Now!
- 1st Legislation Drafting Competition by GNLU Centre for Research in Criminal Justice Science: Submit by Nov 30!
- 2nd Training Programme on International Maritime Law by Gujarat Maritime University in association with Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University: Oct 3-9!
- Conference on ‘Mediation: A Suggested Resolution, A Forced Compromise or an Amicable Settlement?’ by WDE- World Disputes Ecosystem: Sept 29!
- Legal Conclave on, ‘Indianisation of Legal System and Education’ by Law Faculty of Delhi University: Sept 29/30!
- Webinar series on ” MEDIATION IN ACTION- Process and Techniques” by ACADR, Alliance University: Sept 26!
- Call for Papers | Interdisciplinary National Conference by BIHER: Submit by Sep 26!
- Call for Applications | Junior Lawyer at Independent Thought, Greater Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Thomas George and Associates, Hyderabad: Apply Now!
- 12th Padma Vibhushan N.A. Palkhivala Memorial National Moot Court (Virtual) Competition 2022 by MNLU Mumbai: Register by Oct 31!
- 12th Checkmate National Moot Court Competition 2022 by Army Institute of Law: Register by Sep 30!
- 2nd Annual Lex Fiesta 2022 by CLS GIBS: Register by Nov 1!
- Call for Blogs | Nirma University, Centre for Intellectual Property Rights’ IP Blog: No Fees, Submit Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.