His Highness The Maharajas Government Law College, Ernakulam in association with Lex Erudites, E-Journal, is organising the 2nd edition of the International Mediation Competition-Virtual 2022 (IMC-V-2022) by inviting teams from all over the world. Taking place virtually from 1st to 3rd of July 2022, the competition aims to enhance the mediation and negotiation skills & also to provide all participants with the opportunity to attend an exclusive workshop led by prominent experts from the field of mediation.
About the Organizers
His Highness The Maharajas Government Law College, Ernakulam is an institution for undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate legal education in Kochi, Kerala, India. Founded in 1874, it is the first law college in the state of Kerala and also one of the oldest law colleges in India. It is affiliated to the Mahatma Gandhi University in Kottayam. The college is a recognized Research Centre in Law under the Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam since 2010. The college’s alumni include Honourable (Retired) Chief Justice of India KG Balakrishnan, Justice K. M. Joseph, Judge, Supreme Court of India and N. R. Madhava Menon, Indian civil servant, Lawyer and Legal educator.
Lex Erudites is a humble initiative by some undergraduate students of law with a primary vision to provide a platform for socio-legal discourse and scholarship. Lex Erudites volunteers to act as a stimulus to exhort the young aspiring minds from distinct fields of study to ink their free-spirited, reasoned thoughts and opinions, thereby, contributing to the informed and participative citizenry. We as an e-journal seek to advance knowledge across the borders in the field of law. Lex Erudites seeks to bridge the gap between the legal fraternities around the world and also to build a meritorious community of law students and legal professionals.
Patron of IMC-V-2022
Dr Bryan Clark is a Professor of Law and Civil Justice and the Deputy Head of Academic Affairs at the Newcastle Law School, United Kingdom. He also as a member of the Advisory Board of Lex Erudites. He had spent 15 years as a professor at the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow. Professor is a socio-legal scholar with interests in mediation and alternative dispute resolution and in particular how these processes interact with formal civil justice and the workings of lawyers and judges. He is presently the Chair of the Validation and Accreditation Panel of Relationships Scotland, former Board Member of Scottish Mediation and former Member of the Civil Mediation Council’s Academic Committee. Professor was also a Member of the Expert Group for the recent Members Bill on promoting Mediation in Simple Procedure for the Scottish Parliament.
Eligibility criteria and procedure for registration
Full time, or Part-time law students; and a Single team per institute can apply for the competition. The contestants can do the provisional registration through the official website lexerudites.com/imcv2022 on or before 24th June 2022.
Both Indian and International students are welcome to participate in the competition. The fee structure for Indian Teams is INR 2500, and for the International, Teams is $40.
Prizes and Certificates
- Winners: The winning team will be awarded with a cash prize of Rs.15,000/- and a certificate course package to the team members by our supporting partner Enhelion Knowledge Ventures Pvt Ltd.
- Best Mediator: The Best Mediator will be awarded a cash prize of Rs 5000/- along with a certificate course by our knowledge partner Enhelion Knowledge Ventures Pvt Ltd.
- Runners-up (Team): Runners-up will be awarded with a cash prize of Rs 10,000/-
- Participants: A certificate of participation (hardcopy) will be issued to the teams competing in both rounds of the preliminary stage.
- Commencement of provisional registration: 15th May 2022
- Registration Closes on 24th June 2022
- Releasing of Case Scenario: 72 Hours Prior to the Preliminary Round
- Workshop on Mediation (Exclusively for the Participants): 01st July 2022
- Preliminary Rounds 1 & 2: 02nd July 2022
- Semi-Finals and Finals: 03rd July 2022
*Please note that your participation in the IMC-V-2022 will only be confirmed once the payment of the registration fee is completed. Link to the payment gateway will be sent to the registered email id within two days after you complete the provisional registration process.
To Register: lexerudites.com/imcv2022
Mail Us : [email protected]
Payment Related Queries : [email protected]
- Lakshmi Nandana: +91 8137843185
- Sivadath Madhu Menon: +91- 7306001668
- Ayisha Riswana: +91 7560862006
- Amritha A Navada- +91- 7306448526
- Arun Vaidyanath- +91- 9846468081
- Aathmaja Menon: +91 6282581913
- 9th Professor V.S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition by Seedling School of Law and Governance, Jaipur National University: Register by Jan 17!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- 2023 NHRC-RGNUL Human Rights National Moot Court Competition: Register by Jan 20!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Jobs – 30th Dec 2022
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.