The Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology, RGNUL is organizing Indian Society of Victimology’s Eighth International and Twelfth Biennial Conference on the theme “Securing Justice to Victims of Crime” through Empowerment, Protection and Services from 3rd to 5th November 2022 at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab.
About the Organizers
Indian Society of Victimology
The Indian Society of Victimology (ISV) is a national level professional society that was founded in 1992 under the aegis of Professor K. Chockalingam, the then Head of the Department of Criminology, University of Madras along with senior police officers Dr. R. K. Raghavan and Mr. L. N. Venkatesan. The Society was formally inaugurated by the eminent jurist, late Hon’ble Mr. Justice V. R. Krishna Iyer, Former Judge of the Supreme Court of India. Over the last 27 years, the Society has made significant contributions towards victims’ rights as enshrined in the UN Declaration of Basic Principles of Justice for Victims of Crime and Abuse of Power, 1985, advocating the cause of victims of crime and abuse of power in India and abroad through its conferences, workshops, seminars, and symposia on a wide range of victimological topics. The members of the Society come from a global fraternity of criminologists, victimologists, government officials, criminal justice stakeholders, scholars, students and practitioners.
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law
The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab, was established by the State Legislature of Punjab by passing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab Act 2006 (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006). The Act incorporated a University of Law of national stature in Punjab, to fulfil the need for a Centre of Excellence in legal education in the modern era of globalization and liberalization. The University acquired approval of the Bar Council of India (BCI) in July 2006. The University also got registered with the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi under Section 2(f) of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 and has been declared fit to obtain grant from the (UGC) under Section 12-B of the UGC Act, 1956. The University was accredited with ‘A’ Grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in 2015. RGNUL, Punjab was granted autonomy under UGC Regulations, Clause 5 Dimensions of Autonomy for Category-II Universities in April 2018. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, ranked RGNUL the first amongst the cleanest Higher Educational Institutions, Swachh Campus (2019) in the category of Government Residential Universities.
Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology
The Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology (CCV) has been set up at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab for advanced research, training, policy analysis and consultancy in the areas concerning criminology, criminal justice and victimology. The Centre aims to assist and facilitate the law enforcement agencies, the bench, the bar and the academic institutions by venturing into unexplored areas or lesser intruded aspects of the criminal justice administration.
Securing Justice to Victims of Crime
- Legal Initiatives in Victim Protection
- Social and Community Initiatives in Victim Protection
- Mapping the Best Practices in Victim Protection
- Victims of Abuse of Power
- Victims of Migration and Environmental Crimes
- Emerging Trends in Teaching, Research and Action in Victimology
- Forensic Justice to Victims of Crime
- Victimization in the Digital Environment
- Victimization of Women and Children
- Restorative Justice for Victims of Crime
- Critical Victimology
- From Victimology to Victim Justice
Guidelines of Registration
1. Participants can register online by using the QR code or by using the below link
2. Kindly make the payment ONLY after selection of the abstract. Attendees (Non-
Presenter) can make the payment by clicking on the following payment link :
3. Registration fee does not include accommodation charges.
4. Participants are requested to register in advance to ensure accommodation and travel arrangements. Participants must ensure that they receive a confirmation of registration before attending the conference.
5. The details of the venue and accommodation will be shared at a later stage on the conference website (www.isv2022.weebly.com)
The Conference would be open to academicians, victim advocates, activists, students, researchers and all others involved in victim advocacy and victim assistance. Sub themes for paper submission can be found in the brochure.
Guidelines for Paper Submission and Presentation
1. The research papers should pertain to any of the sub-themes of the conference.
2. An Abstract of 300 words (Max.) should be sent on or before 20th August 2022. Acceptance of abstract will be communicated within 15 days after submission.
3. Payment link will share separately if the abstract is selected.
4. A full paper not exceeding 5,000 words should be sent on or before 20th September 2022 upon acceptance of the abstract.
5. The organisers reserve the exclusive right to publish accepted papers for the Conference Volume.
6. Abstracts and full research papers should be emailed to [email protected].
- Last date for submission of Abstract – 20th August 2022
- Last date for Professor K. Chockalingam Award and Fellowship Award (Nomination)- 20th September 2022
- Last date for Registration – 20th August 2022
- Last date for the submission of full paper for presentation- 20th September 2022
- Last date for the submission of full paper for ISV Best Research Paper Award – 20th September 2022
Important E-mail ID’s
- 9th Professor V.S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition by Seedling School of Law and Governance, Jaipur National University: Register by Jan 17!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- 2023 NHRC-RGNUL Human Rights National Moot Court Competition: Register by Jan 20!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Jobs – 30th Dec 2022
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.