The Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU), Shimla was established by an Act of the Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha in the year 2016 (Act 16 of 2016). In the six years of its foundation, HPNLU, Shimla has seen tremendous growth and has undertaken a good number of innovative measures to enhance its academic potential. Led by the visionary scholar of law, the Vice-Chancellor Professor (Dr.) Nishtha Jaswal, the University has been very proactive in organizing a series of events encompassing a wide spectrum of socio-legal issues.
ABOUT THE CENTRE FOR ADR & PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
The Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution and Professional Skills primarily aims to promote research in the field of dispute resolution mechanisms in India. The Centre aims to provide a platform for interaction between professionals in the field and the students. In pursuance of its goal of conditioning the law students to efficiently resolve disputes and after witnessing tremendous success in the first edition, the Centre is intending to continue it as a flagship event of HPNLU, Shimla.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
Established in the year 2016, Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU) is striving toward newer heights day by day and is set to scale new benchmarks in the years to come. As a step toward carving out a niche in the realm of legal education in India and around the world, the Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution & Professional Skills was established in 2020 with a primary aim to promote research in the field of dispute resolution mechanism in India. In furtherance of the aim, the Centre is delighted to organize this Mediation Competition, seeking to provide a prodigious experience that will amplify the interests of young minds in this niche practice of law.
Second National Mediation Competition is the second edition of the flagship event. After witnessing a great response and appreciation from the participants across 32 premier law colleges and assessors across the globe, this event is yet another step taken by the Centre for ADR and Professional Skills, HPNLU, Shimla towards acting as facilitator in increasing the Mediation among aspiring students. In the milieu of the backlog of cases reaching its saturation, Alternative Dispute Resolution such as Mediation and Negotiation provide an amicable way out.
· Provisional registration will be opened for all eligible institutes from which thirty-two teams will be selected for the competition.
· The provisional registration is to be done by the respective institutions officially. Each institution can reserve a maximum of two slots in the provisional registration.
· Selection will be based on the screening process of each team individually. The institutes must complete the “Provisional Registration” only through the Google Form link annexed below, on or before 18th August 2022.
LINK FOR REGISTRATION: CLICK HERE
· The final list of teams (along with the waiting team list) will be released by 20th August 2022.
· The “Final Registration” shall be completed only when the participants pay the registration fees, which shall be done on or before 25th August 2022.
· Final registration details will be released to participants individually via e-mail only after completing the provisional registration process.
· Registration Amount – Rs. 3000/- per team.
In case of further queries, please feel free to reach out to us on [email protected]
- 9th Professor V.S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition by Seedling School of Law and Governance, Jaipur National University: Register by Jan 17!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- 2023 NHRC-RGNUL Human Rights National Moot Court Competition: Register by Jan 20!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Jobs – 30th Dec 2022
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.