About The Law Company (TLC)
The Law Company is a legal edtech startup founded by law students for law students. We believe that you don’t need to be limited by what your college gives you. We will give you the best resources, mentorship, and opportunities. On one hand, we run Clubs, Courses, and Workshops to train you in Mooting, Trial Advocacy, Legal Research, Writing and more. On the other, we are forming a unique, supportive community of law students so that everyone can have connections.
About the Workshop
The 4-Day Workshop on Criminal Trial is a unique event in that it includes:
2 Days of Live Sessions
1 Day of a Primer (We will act out a Mock Trial while explaining the concepts used)
1 Day of a Quiz Competition (With additional cash prize and certificate)
Structure of the event
Live Session 1 on the process involved in a Criminal Trial. All relevant Sections of the CrPC and Law of Evidence will be explained. We will show you how a trial starts, the role of a public prosecutor, how you actually use evidence in a court, and how to examine witnesses based on your skills and not luck. It is made such that freshers with no previous knowledge can also understand.
Live Session 2 on Witness Examination. All relevant Sections of the CrPC and Law of Evidence will be explained. The session will take you through the concepts of Chief and Cross Examination of witnesses. It is made such that freshers with no previous knowledge can also understand.
Primer. A unique exercise that shows how you can win a Mock Trial Advocacy Competition from scratch, and even implement the skills in your litigation career.
On the last day of the workshop, an online quiz competition will be held using Google Forms available on the dashboard of every student.
The quiz will contain 25 MCQ-based questions and the person who gives the maximum correct answers will win a Cash Prize of Rs. 2000/- and a discount coupon with Rs. 1500/- to join any TLC Club, Course or workshop.
The students will be added to a doubt clearing group active throughout and after the workshop to help them.
Details of the event
Date & Time: 16-19 December, around 7:30 PM
Eligibility: Appropriate for all students and recent graduates interested in Criminal Law.
Registration Fees: 499/- *
* Existing students of The Law Company (i.e. our Community) will be given a 60% cashback.
Certificate will be given to all attendees.
An additional Certificate of Merit will be given to the winner of the Quiz Competition.
A cash prize of 2000/- and a coupon of 1500/- will be given to the winner of the Quiz Competition. The coupon can be used to purchase any of TLC’s courses or clubs.
Recording of the two Live Sessions will be given to all registrants. Recording of Primer will not be provided.
You will become a part of the TLC Community and be able to avail its exclusive benefits automatically upon attending this workshop.‘
- Link: CLICK HERE
- Last date to register: 14th December 2022
- Note: The 60% cashback offer for existing students may end early. Kindly follow us on Instagram to stay updated with all information.
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Dec 30!
- CfP | Indraprastha Law Review, Vol. III Issue II (ISSN No. 2583-5653): Submit by Jan 30!
- 6th International Conference on Economic Analysis of Law, Governance and Public Policy [18th-19th March 2023] by GNLU: Submit by Jan 15!
- CoP | National Seminar on Menstrual Health Management by RMLNLU[Mar 17-18]: Submit Abstract by Jan 25!
- Call for Submissions for Issue 41, Lex Terra (ISSN: 2455-0965) by CELAR, NLUJAA: Submit by Jan 30!
- Call for Papers | MNLUA Journal For Dispute Resolution by MNLU-A: Submit by Jan 19!
- Call for Papers | Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law Journal (DSNLJ) by DSNLU: Submit by Dec 22!
- Call for Blogs | RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog | Apply Now!
- Call for Papers |Environmental Law and Practice Review (ELPR) by NALSAR: Submit by Jan 15!
- Call for Narratives by Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology (CCV), RGNUL: Submit by Jan 31!
- CALL FOR BLOGS by USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- Call for Papers: RMLNLU Journal on Communication, Media, Entertainment & Technology Law [Volume 10]: Submit by Feb 03 2023!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.