LawShastra is an online web-portal, where students and other law professionals can explore various dimensions of their field under one platform. LawShastra website was established with a vivid objective for providing people with spiffing articles and study materials, educating and keeping everyone updated, provides information and guidance on competitive examinations and to offer short courses related to law and policy.
About the Event
LawShastra presents its first ever National Case Analysis Competition. The objective behind this competition is to encourage and augment the interested participants in attempting and enhancing their general and legal knowledge in competitive spirit of learning and keeping abreast with the developments in this field.
Participants will be provided with the case for the competition. They are required to adhere with the format required by the organisers. The participants are required to submit word doc as well as pdf for the case analysis. The citation style should be uniform.
Font size: 12 (main document), 10 (footnotes)
Font style: Times New Roman
Line spacing 1.5 (main document), 1(footnotes)
Write-up must be original and unpublished
Submissions with plagiarized content and copyright issues will be rejected outrightly
Participants can choose any of the following case for the case analysis-
1. NALSA v. Union of India [(2014) 5 SCC 438]
2. Ayodhya Ram Mandir Babri Masjid Case
3. S R Bommai v. Union of India [1994 AIR 1918]
4. Shreya Singhal v. Union of India [(2013) 12 SCC 73]
5. Swiss Ribbon Pvt. Ltd. v. Union of India [2019 SCC OnLine SC 73].
6. K S Puttaswamy v. Union of India [(2017) 10 SCC 1].
Format of Case Analysis:
– Facts of the case
– Issue of the law in the case
– Arguments/Contention from each side
– Reasoning by the judges for coming down to the said judgment
– Observation (Participant’s personal view)
– Word limit 2500 words (excluding footnotes)
Eligibility for the Participation
- Student who are pursuing or have completed their law degree.
- Students from any backgrounds who have knowledge & education in legal field.
The early bird offer of registration fees as Rs.80 for single author and Rs.120 for co-author sustain till 29th July 2020 (before 11.59 pm).
The Participants are required to make a payment of Rs.100 for single author and Rs.150 for co-authors (Maximum 2 authors) towards registration fee for the competition.
The payment can be made via Google pay the account details are as follows:
A/c holder’s name: Riya Jain
Number (Google Pay): 9414142827
UPI ID: [email protected] (Google Pay)
**After the successful transaction has been done, the name of the participant and the screenshot of the transaction processed shall be mailed on the Gmail id provided herein- Gmail Id- [email protected]
1. Candidates are required to make the payment and fill in the necessary details in the online registration form. For Registration Form, Click here.
2. Successfully registered participants will be provided with the rules and regulation of the Competition.
|1.||Registration Commencement||12th, July 2020.|
|2.||Last date of registration||5th August, 2020 (By 11:59 pm)|
|3.||Last Date for submission of Manuscript||15th August, 2020 (By 11:59 pm)|
|4.||Declaration of Result||28th August, 2020|
|5.||Certificate Given||1st September, 2020.|
In a competition, every participant is a winner and every participant will receive a participation certificate. Following are the prizes up for grab:
a. Cash Prize of Rs. 1000/-
b. Certificate of Excellence
2. 1st Runner-up
a. Cash Prize of Rs. 600/-
b. Certificate of Excellence
3. 2nd Runner-up
a. Cash Prize of Rs. 400
b. Certificate of Merit
4. Certificate of Merit shall be awarded to the top 5 participants.
5. Certificate of Participation to all participants.
6. Publication of top 10 submissions on LawShastra Portal
In case of any query, contact:
Riya Panwar (Member of the Organizing Committee)
Mobile number: 7982307779
Riya Jain (Member of the Organizing Committee)
Mobile number – 9414142827
Email: [email protected].
**The results declared would be final and the authority vests with LawShastra to change or modify the same.