The organization of the competition will take place under overall supervision and control of the RDS LEGAL & Co. For this purpose, The Legal Affairs has constituted Moot Court Committee which has been authorized to conduct/ carry on all activities having a direct or indirect bearing upon fair conduct of the National Moot Court Competition 2020.
Eligibility for Participation
1) The competition is open to all students enrolled bona fide on a regular basis as full time learners in Undergraduate Law Program (3 Year/ 5 Year) or its equivalent Law degree conducted by any recognized Institution / College/ University operative in / outside India.
2) Eligibility for becoming a team member- Any person may become a team member i.e. if he / she is pursuing a Law Graduation Degree Course. ii. If he/she has formally applied to compete on behalf of institution under which he/ she is enrolled as a full time regular student.
3) Each team shall comprise of two members.
Platform and Date Clause
The RDS LEGAL & Co (VIRTUAL) NATIONAL MOOT COURT COMPETITION, 2020 shall be held on 13th of September 2020 (and) at virtual platform .i.e. Google Meet.
The participants shall adhere to the following dress code when present before Moot court during the Competition.
- Female(s): White Salwar and Kurta or White Shirt and Black pant along with Black Coat and Black Shoes
- Male(s): White shirt, Black Trousers, Black Tie along with Black Coat and Black Boots.
Note: The participating teams shall also adhere to the above mentioned dress code while attending the inaugural and valedictory ceremonies of the Competition.
Medium of oral pleading and script to write memorials during competition shall be English Language only. (Moot Court Competition)
a) Team members can be from different colleges, subject to submission of their college identity card.
b) Each team shall comprise of 2 members.
c) There shall be 2 speakers designated in each team. Teams shall declare all speakers at the time when they file nominations for registration.
d) Each team will be assigned a specific code.
e) Teams shall not disclose their personal identity nor of their institution. Any disclosure in aforementioned nature may invite penalties including disqualification. It stands within the competence of MCC to initiate any disciplinary action against any participant or to do anything to redress any grievance related to competition and participation therein.
There shall be two rounds of argument(s) namely a
(2) Final round.
Preliminary rounds, participants will have to send their pre-recorded video to the official Email ID ([email protected]). Each speaker shall be allowed a maximum of 7 minutes to present their pleadings.
From each side. Teams shall send their files named “TEAM CODE-X Speaker-1” and “TEAM CODE-X Speaker-2” (TEAM CODE-X) is the team code).
The teams shall send the recorded pleadings on behalf of both the Applicant and the Respondent. The last date of submission of the pre-recorded videos 6th September 2020.
Note: Video should be recorded at once, no editing be done. It should be recorded in proper formal uniform. The results of the preliminary rounds will be intimated through e-mail on, 9th September, 2020.
The top 6teams will be selected for Final rounds on the basis of their scores.
The final round would be conducted on 13th September, 2020 via an online platform which will be intimated to the participants. The final round of competition shall consist of 60 minutes of oral pleadings.
Petitioner and Respondent are each allotted 30 minutes.
Awards and Prizes
a) Winner Team Award: Rs- 15,000/- and E-Certificate.
b) Runner Up Team Award: Rs- 7,500/- and E-Certificate.
c) Best Mooter Award: Rs- 4,000/- and E-Certificate.
d) Best Memorial Award: Rs- 4,000/- and E-Certificate.
Note: In addition to Awards under above-mentioned categories, Certificates, as token of appreciation, shall be distributed to all members of participating teams and all the volunteers.
Announcement of Results
I) The results of the Preliminary rounds shall be announced on 09th September, 2020.
II) The winners of the competition will be finalized immediately after Final round and their names will be announced during the Awards distribution Ceremony on 13th September, 2020.
Registration and Fees
- Teams must register by 23rd August, 2020 through the registration sheet provided with the brochure. (Kindly read all the instructions before registering)
- The Registration Fee for this competition is Rupees Five Hundred only (500/-) per team. Teams should note that registration fees will be non-refundable.
- The Registration Fee must be paid by all the teams and the copy of such transaction bill or copy must be uploaded in the registration form. The section for the same has been created in the forms.
- The last date for the payment is 23rd August 2020
- All the teams which successfully registers for the competition and submit the soft copy of their memorials with pre-recorded video shall be awarded with Certificate of Participation irrespective of whether they qualify for the Top 6.
- Kindly provide a Gmail ID for the convenience. Each Participant must provide their Name, Year of Study, Mobile number (WhatsApp preferably), and E-mail ID.
- All such communication shall essentially take place through E-mails and WhatsApp.
- The Registration form must be filled once by each team and College Identity Card of each participant must be also be uploaded. The section for the same has been created in the forms.
Registration Fee & Procedure
a) The Fee prescribed for registration of each team is INR 500/.
b) Teams may make payment by Demand Draft or Online Transfer to the below mentioned account details.
- Name of Account: RDS LEGAL AND CO
- Bank Name: Union Bank of India.
- Bank Branch: Kasarwadi
- IFSC Code: UBIN0532207
- .Account Number: 322001010036381
- For online payment: Use the scan code given below.
For account related query, Please Contact: Rishabh Jain-8149502038
NOTE: ATTACH THE TRANSACTION COPY WITH THE REGISTRATION FORM.
The soft copy of the Memorial along with pre-recorded videos shall be submitted on or before 6th September, 2020.
- Brochure Release: 28/07/2020
- Registration Last Date: 23/08/2020
- Soft-copy of Memorials Along With Pre-recorded Videos Last Date: 06/09/2020
- Preliminary Round: 06/09/2020
- Results of Preliminary Round: 09/09/2020
- Final Round: 13/09/2020
Clarification or Querries
With a purpose to sort out any complication or doubt, teams may request for clarifications by writing an email at [email protected] or may telephonically contact to the persons designated as Coordinator and conveners for Moot Court Competition 2020.
Moot Court Conveners :-
Sekhar Bhattacharya- 8208610106
Kamran Shaikh- 7666953296 / 7057064152
Rishabh Jain- 8149502038