About Bureau of Police Research & Development:
The Bureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D) was set up in 1970 to identify the needs and problems of the police in the country, undertake research projects and studies, and suggest modalities to overcome problems and challenges and meet the needs and requirements of the police. It was also
mandated to keep abreast of the latest developments in the fields of science and technology, both in India and abroad, with a view to promoting the use of appropriate technology in police work.
Over the years, the BPR&D has also been entrusted with the responsibility of monitoring the training needs and quality of training in the States and Central Police Organisations, and providing assistance for the same, as also assisting the States in modernization of the State Police Forces and Correctional Administration. In the process, the BPR&D has also been tasked to assist the Ministry of Home Affairs and the CPFs, etc., in the development of Standards, Quality Requirements (QRs), etc., with respect to various types of equipments and items pertaining to infrastructure. More recently, the BPR&D has also been entrusted with the responsibility of anchoring and coordinating the work of the National Police Mission .
Despite the significant growth and expansion in the functions and responsibilities of the BPR&D over the years and the growing complexities and challenges that confront the police, calling for the building up of the
corresponding capabilities, there has not been commensurate growth in the resources, both human and financial, as also infrastructure support, for the activities of the BPR&D. Keeping this in view, for the first time, the BPR&D has been brought out under the Plan, and an outlay of Rs. 150 crores has been provided during the 11th Five Year Plan, and 72 additional posts have been sanctioned
About the Opportunity
The Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) is inviting applications for a paid internship programme from the students pursuing post-graduation (PG) or master of philosophy (M.Phil) or Ph.D. degree, in New Delhi.
The eligibility criteria for internship are as follows:
Students pursuing PG/M.Phil/Ph.D in the following subjects are eligible to apply:
3) Social Work
6) Forensic Psychology
7) Human Rights
8) Public Administration
9) Public Policy & Governance
10) Information Technology
11) Police & Prison Studies
12) Cyber Security
13) Cyber Forensics & Information Security
14) Police & Prison Administration
15) Computer Science
17) Any other subjects related to police or prisons/correctional administration issues.
Applications must be forwarded by the Head of Department of their University. Applications that are not forwarded through the respective Head of the Department of the University will be rejected.
Students who have attended WKH Internship Programme in the BPR&D earlier are not eligible to apply again.
The schedule for WKH,nternship will be as follows:
4.1. Introductory Session- The interns will be introduced to the DG, BPR&D, ADG, BPR&D and Director of the Divisions.
4.2. Assigning of Tasks- The interns will be assigned tasks by the respective Divisions in which they will be attached.
4.3. Assigning of Projects- The interns will be assigned projects on police or correctional administration related issues by the respective Divisions in which they will be attached.
4.4. Field Visits- The interns will be VHQW for field visits to get exposure and firsthand experience of the work done by police and prison administration to:
a) Correctional Homes
b) Police Stations
c) Juvenile Homes (optional)
d) Any other place relevant to police/prison administration
4.5. Internship Report- The interns are required to submit the report on the tasks completed by them along with Report on field visits to the Nodal Officer for Intern in each Division, which will in turn be put up to the
4.6. Valediction- On successful completion of the internship programme, the interns will be given certificates and mementoes. Copy of the certificate will be sent to the concerned University
The selected Interns from outside Delhi will be allowed Sleeper Class train fare to New Delhi and back to their place of study through the shortest route. All selected interns will be paid an amount of Rs.8,000/-
(Rupees Eight Thousand only) as Dstipend for a calendar month
WEBSITE: CLICK HERE
- Internship Opportunity – Judicial Integrity Network in ASEAN, UNDP : Apply by 19th May
- Legal Internship at Sapphire and Sage Law Offices, New Delhi: Apply Now
- Assessment Internship at Arcum Global, New Delhi: Apply Now
- Legal Internship at Duroflex, Bengaluru: Apply Now
- Legal Internship at Yotta Infrastructure Solutions, Mumbai: Apply Now
- 3rd Edition of Project Dhananjay – Dhananjay 2022 by CAN Foundation (Financial Aid for NLU Graduates): Apply by 31st May 2022
- Legal Internship at Blockcube, Gurugram: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) under Adv. Pratiksha Roy, Kolkata: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at Synergy Partners, Delhi: Apply by May 17!
- Paralegal (Contractual) at Vice Media, Bengaluru: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship (with stipend) at Kapil Dixit & Co. Advocates, Bangalore: Apply by May 22!
- Legal Internship at SoOLEGAL, Delhi: Apply by May 16!
- Legal Internship at NSG Law, Chandigarh: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship (with stipend) at Axis Trustee Services Limited, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at Kulfi Collective, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Civis Consultatio Fellowship 2022: Apply by May 24!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at SS Global Law Firm: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chair on Consumer Law and Practice, National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lawkars Legal Solutions LLP, Gurgaon: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chilana & Chilana Law Offices, Delhi: Apply by May 13!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.