About the Organisation
The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), Subregional Office for South and South-West Asia (ESCAP-SSWA), based in New Delhi, offers internship opportunity for a minimum of two months and maximum of six months. The internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of staff member(s) in ESCAP-SSWA which they are assigned to.
About the Internship
ESCAP-SSWA provides interns with an opportunity to enhance their understanding of:
i) socio-economic challenges the subregion is facing in particular within the 10 countries served;
ii) the processes of regional and multilateral cooperation;
iii) mandates and operations of United Nations in developing countries in its efforts to provide policy advice, capacity building and platform for governments to create space for economic and political integration.
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, applicants may be requested to undertake the internship remotely in view of constraints regarding visa issuance, international travel and access to ISA premises. Applicants must be willing and prepared to undertake the internship remotely for a part or the entirety of the internship.
Under immediate supervision by a staff member(s), the intern is responsible for contributing to the research project (s) related to the work programme of SSWA for the implementation of the SDGs. The topic of the project will depend on the intern’s background, skills, and interest.
Other duties may include undertaking the following:
(a) Regular monitoring of relevant developments, policy trends and news articles related to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs in the subregion;
(b) Monitor and collect details on national policies on selected sustainable development issues of ESCAP-SSWA member States
(c) Collect data, generate figures and tables, describe and analyze the tables and results to support ESCAP-SSWA staff in related research and analytical work
(d) Attend conferences, seminars, meetings and other events and provide written highlights and briefing notes
(e) Provide administrative, organizational and conference management support for ESCAP-SSWA events
(f) Other activities as may be decided by the supervisor
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
(b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
(c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
For more details on the internship opportunity and to apply, click here
- Legal Internship at Chamber of Advocate Pijush K. Roy, Supreme Court: Apply by Feb 15!
- Legal Internship at BeIN Legal LLP: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at KS Legal & Associates, Chennai: Apply Now!
- Research Internship with Professor Dr Bimal N Patel – Member-Designate – UN International Law Commission at Rashtriya Raksha University: Apply by Jan 31!
- Virtual Legal Internship at Lex Walk Foundation: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Mandla & Singh Law Chambers: Apply Now!
- Intern – United Nations: Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, New Delhi, India (Apply Now)
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) Internship Programme (Mar 2022): Apply by Feb 1!
- Virtual Legal Internship(s) at AapkaConsultant.com and Legal Shots (YT Channel): Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship (with stipend) at Remote Lawyer: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at IN10 Media Network, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at Sonisvision: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship (with stipend) at Sinha & Company Advocates, Kolkata: Apply Now!
- Legal Assessment Internship at Sarvaank Associates, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Assessment Internship at ALL IP Care, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Adv Nipun Saxena, New Delhi: Apply by Jan 30!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Office of Adv Ajit B Kale, Aurangabad: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Akash Raj Law Chamber, Patna: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Oum Law Associates, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Associate at GOGIA & GOGIAs Advocates, Ahmedabad: Apply Now!
- In-Office Internship Opportunity at GOGIA & GOGIAs Advocates, Ahmedabad: Apply Now!
- Call for Applications: Various Positions (Content Editors, Writers, Coordinating Editors) at Jindal Society of International Law: Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at Bureau of Police Research & Development, New Delhi: Apply by Feb 28!
- Call for Research Interns | Foundation for Democratic Reforms (FDR): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at A&A Lawcorp LLP, New Delhi: Apply Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.