About the Organisation
The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), Subregional Office for South and South-West Asia (ESCAP-SSWA), based in New Delhi, offers internship opportunity for a minimum of two months and maximum of six months. The internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of staff member(s) in ESCAP-SSWA which they are assigned to.
About the Internship
ESCAP-SSWA provides interns with an opportunity to enhance their understanding of:
i) socio-economic challenges the subregion is facing in particular within the 10 countries served;
ii) the processes of regional and multilateral cooperation;
iii) mandates and operations of United Nations in developing countries in its efforts to provide policy advice, capacity building and platform for governments to create space for economic and political integration.
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, applicants may be requested to undertake the internship remotely in view of constraints regarding visa issuance, international travel and access to ISA premises. Applicants must be willing and prepared to undertake the internship remotely for a part or the entirety of the internship.
Under immediate supervision by a staff member(s), the intern is responsible for contributing to the research project (s) related to the work programme of SSWA for the implementation of the SDGs. The topic of the project will depend on the intern’s background, skills, and interest.
Other duties may include undertaking the following:
(a) Regular monitoring of relevant developments, policy trends and news articles related to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs in the subregion;
(b) Monitor and collect details on national policies on selected sustainable development issues of ESCAP-SSWA member States
(c) Collect data, generate figures and tables, describe and analyze the tables and results to support ESCAP-SSWA staff in related research and analytical work
(d) Attend conferences, seminars, meetings and other events and provide written highlights and briefing notes
(e) Provide administrative, organizational and conference management support for ESCAP-SSWA events
(f) Other activities as may be decided by the supervisor
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
(b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
(c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
For more details on the internship opportunity and to apply, click here
These vacancies fill up fast; Join Kanooniyat’s WhatsApp group to get notified immediately. Also check us out on Instagram and LinkedIn
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
- Call for Interns | Scaling City Institutions for India (SCI-FI) at Centre for Policy Research: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Noble Legal(Advocates & Solicitors), Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Bridge Legal India, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lex AV Attorneys LLP, Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AK Bhambri and Associates, New Delhi: Apply by Dec 31!
- Call for Interns | Data Protection Intern at Tsaaro, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Ostara Legal: Apply by Dec 26!
- Legal Internship at Swikar Law, Lucknow: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at CredEnd, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship (with Stipend) at GL Pareek Chambers of Law: Apply by Dec 24!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at AGISS Research Institute: Apply by Dec 31!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.